Should there be a "Klassic" Game type for MK9?

Please read post first. Should there be Klassic Gametype?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STR8YAMS

Basiclly a game type without Combo breaker, X ray, custom combos etc.. EXACT same mechanics as MK3.
The first time I saw the x ray move I thought woah that takes away ALOT of life from the energy bar. But I much rather play the game for Constantly for Months until I get a couple legit 60 - 80% Combos :p
So basiclly what I'm suggesting is a Klassic gametype for Offline and Online gameplay does anyone else agree?

Why not just play the old games, then?

Uhh Actualy I had UltimateMK3 until they decited to yank from arcade and didnt even refund my 10bucks..

EDIT: I'm not asking for the game to be like that Just a sepperate gametype if you know what that is.

From what I've seen from the various PAX, BGS etc. you can even play it MK2-style with just jump kicks, uppercuts and special moves so no need to have a "Klassik" mode. Also I would point out that it's 2011 and those new mechanics are welcome, otherwise there are still the old games...

Last edited:
From what I've seen from the various PAX, BGS etc. you can even play it MK2-style with just jump kicks, uppercut and special moves so no need to have a "Klassik" mode. Also I would point out that it's 2011 and those new mechanics are welcome, otherwise there are still the old games...

So you can edit settings?

So you can edit settings?

No, it's just that you can play the way you want; if you don't want to take advantage of the newest features, well, just play it the old way with juggles, dial combos etc., but it would be half the fun if you ask me.
Also I don't think you can go for 80% damage combos, even connecting with x-rays.

Uhh Actualy I had UltimateMK3 until they decited to yank from arcade and didnt even refund my 10bucks..

EDIT: I'm not asking for the game to be like that Just a sepperate gametype if you know what that is.

I thought I lost it too for a year, till I did some digging and it was still there all along! If you downloaded and did not delete it yourself, it should still be there.

I'm pretty sure that they will do this. In Deception you could turn off breakers. I would like a classic mode as dlc, for a large sum of money, you get all the Klassic costumes (this would be later after the release of course), Klassic music and announcer, and a new mode in the main menu. It's Klassic Arcade, you fight for points, Test Your Might, and everyone on the ladder has their Klassic costume on.

I'm pretty sure that they will do this. In Deception you could turn off breakers. I would like a classic mode as dlc, for a large sum of money, you get all the Klassic costumes (this would be later after the release of course), Klassic music and announcer, and a new mode in the main menu. It's Klassic Arcade, you fight for points, Test Your Might, and everyone on the ladder has their Klassic costume on.

Holy crap that would be the best mode ever no lie. If they don't have this now for at least DLC I will be sad ):

+rep!

Uhh Actualy I had UltimateMK3 until they decited to yank from arcade and didnt even refund my 10bucks.
You can go to your account download history and re-download UMK3 on XBL. They only removed the game from being purchased, not downloaded.