MK9: Many Questions.

ZMONEY220

Moves
image.php

*Should Shao Kahn get his spirit arrow move from MK2 or give it to Nightwolf
*Should Millena's stab fatality be a Special move
*Meat?
*Who shall receive the tombstone teleport Smoke? Subzero? or someone else?..
*Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, and Shao Kahn all have projectiles and when mad they turn red
should this return as a enhanced move in the super meter?
*Subzero's Aerial freeze and ice nugget?
*Should the "Aggressor" bar from MKT Return to MK9 Making characters faster?
*Will the Pit bottom Return? Will there be a pit 2 bottom as well ?
*We've seen Pit II in MK9 But will Pit I & Pit III Return ?
* Should Classic music tracks from arenas be in MK9 like MKG ?
*Liu kangs cartwheel fatality also a stage fatality? (As in MK1 Where they didnt take liu kang fatality seriously)
*Should Hara- Kiris be in MK9 or in MK10?
*Jarek Kinteic Rope (IMHO i hated jarek but he needs a real moveset if he ever returns to mk jus not MK9)
*Raiden Handclap Lighting move

What i agree with
* No fatalities on Boss characters (It makes them weak)
* Tremor
* More than 3 fatalities

Ending Question:
I just beat MK2 on Midway arcade treasues 2 for xbox
I noticed that when you teleport with scorpion or raiden
the cpu already knows where you are going.
So whats the point of teleporting at all:questionmark:
This is exactly why i like Dariou's Teleport its proably the greatest there is IMHO .

Liu kang Alt costume:
LiuKang.png

liu_kang_fatal.gif
mk_custanim_liukang_fatality.gif

fs_fatality.gif

Last edited:
-Yeah Kahn should get his spirit arrow maybe altered to look different though but, he should also keep his green spit ball too. One should be a high projectile and the other a low one.
-Yea Mileena stab should be a move.
-Human smoke should get the tombstone teleport. I also loved Dairou's teleport.
-Liu Kangs cartwheel should be seperate from the stage fatality.
-No Hara Kiris.

Last edited:
Should there also be a "Retro Ninjas" pack as DLC or store bought which includes all the klassic MK ninjas costumes and original fatalities without preordering?
if there is such a thing it will probably come out this christmas so NRS can get our money of course IMHO

Not flaming you but alot of your questions are kinda stupid.. aka agression in mkt. just enjoy the game u guys are getting spoil and want too much.

*Will the Pit bottom Return? Will there be a pit 2 bottom as well ?

The two Pits have been merged into one. But I sure as hell hope that Pit Bottom will return. I actually believe it will, and serve as a hidden challenger stage, just as it did for MK1 Reptile.

Moves
*Should Shao Kahn get his spirit arrow move from MK2 or give it to Nightwolf It was more like a spear, so sure why not? As long as it doesn't stick into the player.
*Should Millena's stab fatality be a Special move No, hopefully she gets a fatality like this in teh future.
* Will Meat's history be in the timeline? Don't care, and I can't imagine 99% of fans do.
*Who shall receive the tombstone teleport Smoke? Subzero? or someone else?.. Nobody really has to have it, but I'd say Noob or Smoke would fit it.
*Johnny Cage, Nightwolf, and Shao Kahn all have projectiles and when mad they turn red
should this return as a enhanced move in the super meter? Sure, but I'd hope for more than just a simple color change when enhanced.
*Subzero's Aerial freeze and ice nugget? We know they aren't in, so no need to discuss, but I wouldn't mind either, one could be the enhanced one.
*Should the "Aggressor" bar from MKT Return to MK9 Making characters faster? Nope
*Will the Pit bottom Return? Will there be a pit 2 bottom as well ? That'd be pretty sweet as a hidden stage, and no there'd only be 1.
*Liu kangs cartwheel fatality also a stage fatality? (As in MK1 Where they didnt take liu kang fatality seriously) Not sure what you mean, but I don't think so.
*Should Hara- Kiris be in MK9 or in MK10? I don't really care either way. They were cool, but the point of fatalities a bit moot. I dig the execution though.

What i agree with
* No fatalities on Boss characters (It makes them weak) I'd like to see a cinematic fatality of some sort like they usually do.
* Tremor No thanks.
* More than 3 fatalities We get at least 2, DLC will probably lead to 3 total for some characters. Pretty sweet deal.

Ending Question:
I just beat MK2 on Midway arcade treasues 2 for xbox Cool...
I noticed that when you teleport with scorpion or raiden
the cpu already knows where you are going.
So whats the point of teleporting at all:questionmark:
This is exactly why i like Dariou's Teleport its proably the greatest there is IMHO . If it fooled the A.I. every time it would be too effective. If it doesn't work, just don't use it.

Moves
*Liu kangs cartwheel fatality also a stage fatality? (As in MK1 Where they didnt take liu kang fatality seriously) Not sure what you mean, but I don't think so.
[/b]

Liu kang's Cartwheel fatality as a stage fatality like in MK1 instead of a fatality like MK2
MK1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0mjW8KoWE
MK2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiIK-Jp1xUM

It's already his X-Ray move.

In the IGN video, he does the cartwheel kicks followed by the uppercut, to shatter Jax's Jaw.

thats a xray i saw it too he doesnt do the cartwheel and you fall off the pit or in da deadpool

Moves
should this return as a enhanced move in the super meter?

*Should Hara- Kiris be in MK9 or in MK10?

*Cage and Nightwolf's enhanced projectiles multiply using the special meter. Cage throws 2 orbs, and Nightwolf shoots a set of 3 arrows. I don't know if the damage goes up. As for turning red, I think it would be a cool idea for Shao Kahn's projectile to just turn red and do more damage when using the special meter.

*I would love to see them come out as DLC because I don't think they will make it. Here are my suggestions to improve their gameplay though.
1. You can not perform your Hara Kiri if your opponent had more than 60% of his/her health remaining at the end of ANY round. OR maybe, you could not have had a flawless victory against you in any round..this would be easier to keep track of, but be much to easy to prevent I think.
2. Can not have an X ray performed against you.
3. Hara Kiri's combinations should be more difficult than fatalities to allow the winner time to perform a fatality.

Example: Kabal beats Kano. Kabal's fatality input is F, F, B, B, HK (I know MK9 won't use the High/Low system anymore, its just an example). Kano's Hara Kiri should be something like F, F, D, B, B, U, HK + LP. So it is just a bit more difficult to sneak the suicide in there.

With these suggestions, you would have to fight well to be able to earn your Hara Kiri.

What do you think?

The real question is when will the online functionality be unveiled. I dont think a game feature like that should be kept secret for THIS long. I want to see this more than I care to see some of the remaining un-confirmed characters.

The real question is when will the online functionality be unveiled. I dont think a game feature like that should be kept secret for THIS long. I want to see this more than I care to see some of the remaining un-confirmed characters.

what specifics? IE lobbies, ranked, unranked; things like this?

Thank you. Exactly what i was thinking. I'm tired hearing about character reveals too. All I want to hear about now is gameplay and online. If it's online sucks than I doubt this game will make it. And that's how important i think online is.

what specifics? IE lobbies, ranked, unranked; things like this?

Yes, and netcode. I would hate it if when i'm online every game feels like we are swimming with lag. Plus what i want to hear about is there matchmaking system. The game is only fun when you are paired with someone of equal skillz, imagine getting destroyed everyday by hardcore players. Than i doubt you will like the game much. So I think matchmaking is also very important.

This is exactly why i like Dariou's Teleport its proably the greatest there is IMHO . If it fooled the A.I. every time it would be too effective. If it doesn't work, just don't use it.

Teleportation is not just about fooling the opponent. It can be a useful tool used to get out of unfavorable situations or put yourself in a better one. Being cornered, for example, is often disadvantageous position in a fighting game. There are fewer options to escape and your opponent may have more combo opportunities when you are cornered. A teleport may help you get out of that corner.

Last edited:
heres a question i wish was answered because id like to see this. Should the bosses get those super uppercuts? you know the ones that knock you out the screen and make you go "HOLY SH*T" is it over? oh, im still alive...... sweet

heres a question i wish was answered because id like to see this. Should the bosses get those super uppercuts? you know the ones that knock you out the screen and make you go "HOLY SH*T" is it over? oh, im still alive...... sweet

I ****in' loves those! I loved and hated catching an uppercut from Kintaro.

At least 2 fatalities. That's honestly all I ask for. Oh, and the ability to download new round wins/match wins. Those can get old fast.