The Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

The game arrived in my mailbox today lol. I started in pratice mode since I have never played any of the previous MvC games. Its pretty awesome so far! It will tide me in until MK9 comes out :)

1. How ****ing boring this game would be if you were in charge of the character roster. The whole point of vs. series is to have fantasy matches that would never occur otherwise. This has been true since the first MvC.
2. Since when is Jill one of the most important Capcom characters?
3. The reason we have DLC characters is because they weren't completed in time to be included on the disc. If it weren't for DLC we would never get to play these characters.
4. The roster in MvC2 was ripped from other games. The roster in MvC3 is original content created from scratch. They made a whole ****-ton of unique characters with tons of moves (i.e. Dante).
5. "having all the same sh*t only a bit improved" this is a nonsensical statement.

Just play the game, its ****ing amazing!

...my frustration is all about chibi or in return oversized style characters, those are Arthur, Amaterasu (WTF animals have to do with fighting thats tupid LOL), M.O.D.O.K. (really...do i need to tell how dumb he looks? OMG), Zero (i understand there're people, who like him, but still he looks like an underage teen, dressed in superhero costume, instead of actually being superhero...wannabe to me...), Viewtiful Joe (same as zero, but even looks and acts sillier...), Shuma-Gorath (eerr...what kind of creature is that huh? :|...dumb), Sentinel (no personality, just dull mindless oversized tin can, filled with directives...), Tron Bonne (seriously...do i need to say superheroes has nothing to do with pokemon inspired cartoons?...sheesh...and what is that the deal she uses those robot to fight? why she just can't GTFO and fight an opponent face to face? scary whimpy little girl i suppose?...)...and finally my HUGE complaint is making Jill DLC...well that is wrong! period...one of the most important Capcom characters as DLC ridicolous...while having Chris and Albert in initial roster :| ...now thats pretty much it...other fighters looks and play good...so no complains about normal shaped characters so far...but seriously WTH why this roster went from 50+ to only 38 characters total? thi is silly...having all the same sh*t only a bit improved, while decreasing roster number?...sheesh...

Do you want some cheese to go with your wine?

had the game for a while now, and as fun as it is, its just SOOO ****ing broken.

Sentinel vs Crapcom 3: Fate of Two Sentinels

had the game for a while now, and as fun as it is, its just SOOO ****ing broken.

Sentinel vs Crapcom 3: Fate of Two Sentinels

Here is the early Sentinel killer:

Im more concerned about Arthur, if you had a chance to check out NerdJosh vs. Marns set of first to 10, Arthur is going to be a pain.

Last edited:
i didn't say its completly bad game, so no need to feed cheese to me LOL...anyway like i said characters like M.O.D.O.K., Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, Sentinel, Tron Bonne, Zero and Shuma-Gorath just do not FIT into the game...i'd rather see them replaced with normal shaped/sized characters...

yea Arthur IS a pain in the ass. I still dont know about this game yet tho. Cast isnt very good and it just doesnt have the legs MvC2 has. time will tell

I agree and hope they can rectify some of that with Venom, Bison, Cable and Strider, now that I think about it there are a few more charcters they left out (regardless of tier) that I enjoy playing with in MvC2 that I wish were included.

I agree and hope they can rectify some of that with Venom, Bison, Cable and Strider, now that I think about it there are a few more charcters they left out (regardless of tier) that I enjoy playing with in MvC2 that I wish were included.

yes...and believe it or not, but one of those were Marrow...

One of the big turn offs for me is that after playing MVC2, which I loved, and then seeing modded controls and loads of my fav characters being left out. Venom and Gambit were awesome.

One of the big turn offs for me is that after playing MVC2, which I loved, and then seeing modded controls and loads of my fav characters being left out. Venom and Gambit were awesome.

...problem is that folks at eventhubs (fans Capcom oriented community site) don't even think so...and off course i don't agree with them, Gambit, Cyclops, Rogue, Marrow, Venom and others who were left out all were good characters...

I pre-ordered the game and still waiting for it to drop in my mailbox. The only thing that's pissin me off is the omission of KEN MASTERS! KEN IS SO BADASS IN VS games. I mean who doesnt like his modified SENPUKIAKU!!

i didn't say its completly bad game, so no need to feed cheese to me LOL...anyway like i said characters like M.O.D.O.K., Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, Sentinel, Tron Bonne, Zero and Shuma-Gorath just do not FIT into the game...i'd rather see them replaced with normal shaped/sized characters...

Just don't pick them? Seriously, there both unusual and conventional characters, a little something for everybody.

Just don't pick them? Seriously, there both unusual and conventional characters, a little something for everybody.

...thats not the metter of use or not, that rather metter of them replacing my favorite characters, which could have been there on the first place (gambit, rogue, cyclops, marrow and others...)