The Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

Re: MVC3: Now that the final roster has been announced....

DLC is the worst thing to happen to Video games IMO

you want to know why megaman was left out? They did that on purpose so they can package him in DLC and they know people will buy it

Damn u Horse armor!!!!

you want to know why megaman was left out? They did that on purpose so they can package him in DLC and they know people will buy it

Damn u Horse armor!!!!

So damn true, developers have changed dlc's purpose from adding new things, to holding shit back.
I was discussing this with someone on another forum and they told me that the developer's reason for Venom not being in this game was because he was to similar to Spider-Man. Now whether or not this is true doesn't matter to me. I believed him and was mad as hell when I saw Akuma ,because all he is is a badass version or Ryu.

Damn u Horse armor!!!!

So damn true, developers have changed dlc's purpose from adding new things, to holding shit back.
I was discussing this with someone on another forum and they told me that the developer's reason for Venom not being in this game was because he was to similar to Spider-Man. Now whether or not this is true doesn't matter to me. I believed him and was mad as hell when I saw Akuma ,because all he is is a badass version or Ryu.

Absolutely.......................................untrue.

DLC has changed gaming, for the better.

PS- The Fantastic Four arent in MvC3 as well, because Super Skrull is all of 4 of them combined. That PISSED me off, because of years dreaming about what MvC3 could be (over the last 8-9 years), I always imagined what it would have been like to play as some of the FF, my favorite Marvel good guys ;)

BTW, i am hardcore Venom and i hope that he makes it either as a last minute secret or DLC.

Phoenix is on Disc (Jill V. & Shuma are DLC)

One thing though if you plan to use Phoenix

put her on the last spot of your team, don't let her go first!!!! (she has insanely low health, let that meter build)

Yeah, I noticed that from the videos. But anyway, I haven't even played the old MvCs, just the first one a long time ago when I barely knew what was a combo, so I'll start thinking of strategies when I get the game.

I still can't believe they've left out such good characters to put on the disc characters like MODOK and Dormammu. I did not even knew who the hell was Dormammu before his annoucement. And I only knew MODOK because of Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

BTW, i am hardcore Venom and i hope that he makes it either as a last minute secret or DLC.

Ninja edit: dug up an old piece of art i was going to get put on an AIAB stick before Capcom threw a shit fit about AIAB making sticks with licensed Capcom characters on them. check it out:

2070uvb.jpg

too big to put here: http://i52.tinypic.com/2exripy.jpg

Deadpool, Phoenix(jean grey) and magneto.
might change magneto and deadpool sometimes to spidey and chun-li... to keep it fresh

Ninja edit: dug up an old piece of art i was going to get put on an AIAB stick before Capcom threw a shit fit about AIAB making sticks with licensed Capcom characters on them. check it out:

2070uvb.jpg

too big to put here: http://i52.tinypic.com/2exripy.jpg

Your art is cool, I like it. Venom is my N°1 marvel villain, I really hope he'll make it. His MvC 1 super was E.P.I.C

venomm.jpg

I am also happy symbiotic Spidey made it :top:

spiderman-gros-venom-super-heros.jpg

MvC3 Boss Announced

The boss for Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been announced, and as expected, its Galactus. They followed the pattern set in MvC2 by making it unique from all other fights, as you'll below from the trailer. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Re: MvC3 Boss Announced

That looks to be among the most aggravating fights in fighting games. But then again, it is Galactus so I guess it's fair. They shouldn't really have a chance at beating him at all.

YES! They always choose the best of the best!

They shouldn't really have a chance at beating him at all.

Usually the bosses are very powerful. Onslaught was also supposed to be unbeatable. In the comics, it took the avengers + the hulk + Xmen + fantastic 4 + spiderman ++++ to be beat him.

He was announced (unofficially) some time ago and then it was confirmed through some videos people had posted online last week / week and a half ago. Was nice to check out a playthrough and see what all the menu options are.

Dragon-Ball Z much?

Thats one of the first things that came to my mind when I saw the trailer too lol.

But it looks like a challenge, and I always welcome those. Galactus's level 3 super is just insane though lol

Maybe the next MvC (if there's one) will have Phoenix as boss. Well, she's supposedly unbeatable, too. She has the power of the infinite, and infinite power, too. :p

MvC 3 and comics collectors

For those who collect Marvel comics as I do, you might be interested in buying the game at shopto.net You get for free a limited edition comic book.

Here are some pics:

capturerom.jpg

96581214.jpg

76058898.jpg

40922120.jpg

94061712.jpg

Early Marvel vs Capcom 3 release

So I went and got my copy at Gameplay on Venice Blvd in Los Angeles.

They had a bunch. So if you live in the area, they have them there.

Catch me on it tonight, THEundying27 is my xbox gamertag

Re: Early Marvel vs Capcom 3 release

See, out here in Colorado there are not enough smaller game stores anymore so the odds of getting anything early is slim to none. Either way Tuesday is right around the corner.

...my frustration is all about chibi or in return oversized style characters, those are Arthur, Amaterasu (WTF animals have to do with fighting thats tupid LOL), M.O.D.O.K. (really...do i need to tell how dumb he looks? OMG), Zero (i understand there're people, who like him, but still he looks like an underage teen, dressed in superhero costume, instead of actually being superhero...wannabe to me...), Viewtiful Joe (same as zero, but even looks and acts sillier...), Shuma-Gorath (eerr...what kind of creature is that huh? :|...dumb), Sentinel (no personality, just dull mindless oversized tin can, filled with directives...), Tron Bonne (seriously...do i need to say superheroes has nothing to do with pokemon inspired cartoons?...sheesh...and what is that the deal she uses those robot to fight? why she just can't GTFO and fight an opponent face to face? scary whimpy little girl i suppose?...)...and finally my HUGE complaint is making Jill DLC...well that is wrong! period...one of the most important Capcom characters as DLC ridicolous...while having Chris and Albert in initial roster :| ...now thats pretty much it...other fighters looks and play good...so no complains about normal shaped characters so far...but seriously WTH why this roster went from 50+ to only 38 characters total? thi is silly...having all the same sh*t only a bit improved, while decreasing roster number?...sheesh...