The Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

That never actually happens. If you know when you should call for your assist (and not right at the beginning of the match, like in the video), you'll be perfectly fine. And you need to know what your opponent can do to you. If he has Haggar as an assist, chances are it'll be Lariat (which I think is what most people would use), and this can cause fatal errors if you AND your assist are at close range to your opponent, where you're just setting yourself up to the opponent's combos.

That Drone Hyper > X Factor > Dash > Plasma Storm from the Sentinel is pretty damn nice though. I haven't seen anything like that.

Finally got my goddamn trophy for finishing it with every character. Took fecking forever.

Finally got my goddamn trophy for finishing it with every character. Took fecking forever.

I don't know if the PS3 trophies work the same as Xbox achievements, but on Xbox you only unlock it after you beat it with everyone AND you chose not to continue after losing to Galactus which shows his "ending". Would anyone who's played more than a couple fighting games expect there to be anything after losing to the boss and not continuing other than a game over screen? That drove me nuts until I had to look it up on Gamefaqs. It reminds me of something the Angry Video Game Nerd mentions a lot when ranting on video games: something that a player of a particular genre would not be likely to figure out on their own because it goes against what's normal for that genre.

Also it seems to get the achievement for unlocking the gallery you have to grind through mission mode for every character as well to get the last 15% or so. Not sure if that 50G is worth the slog.

If any of you guys play as Deadpool then listen up.

Me and my brother had just found out that if you do deadpools stomp forward thing and his moonwalk (not at the same time because thats impossible) while listen to this song you'll get a chuckle out of it :)

This was a very annoying trophy, but not as annoying as completinh 320 missions. This one will probably cost me the platinium...

I much prefer a game that allows for more than just *one* mistake.

I prefer chess, not checkers when it come to fighting games...

yet your on a MK forum.......irony.

50-cent-bert-seseme%20-street-1255767376g.gif

It's pretty solid, but the single player can get old after while. Definitely something that benefits more with online play.

Is anyone else having problems to connect to "Ranked Matches"? It works once every 5-6 tries for me. It's getting annoying.

I have not touched this game in 2 weeks. Maybe I should just put it towards my MK preorder. Great game but I hate the spammers online, plus I know I won't play much after 4/19 so whateves, fun while it lasted, kinda fun I mean.

Is anyone else having problems to connect to "Ranked Matches"? It works once every 5-6 tries for me. It's getting annoying.

Same here, I had to have reading material just to wait for just one connection to finally get through.

Hopefully they have some auto-retry implemented.

Okay so after a month of playing this i must say that it's good but there are things that i hate about it...

1. Sentinel (nuff said)

2. If you ever watch any of gootecks videos on youtube he summed up MVC3 perfectly: It's completely random

sometimes when i win, i say to myself "holy shit, how the hell did i pull that out, that guy was kicking my ass"

and vice versa when i sometimes lose.

3. Online spammers - Very irritating (even though i can get around their spam)

4. No spectator mode!!!! This kills the lobby system completely

5. The amount of times it takes just to play a match online is just ridiculous.... How many times have we seen "lost connection to host"

It seems that capcom is more worried about DLC $$$$$ Than actually putting in the effort to make online play more enjoyable...

Other than that it's really fun..

But as soon as MK comes out, this thing is going to be collecting dust...

Lol, I love pulling wins out of my ass in this game online. Can't tell you how many times I made someone quit after they called out their partner at the wrong time.