Official Mortal Kombat (2011) Video Thread

Re: Kombat Kontinues Extended Trailer - Kratos Gameplay and Raiden Fatality

omg kratos sucks donkey ass
oh and awsome find bro thx

I wasn't thinking of them like system wide Avatars for the PS3. I was just thinking maybe NRS is creating them for use in the game. Maybe even part of their DLC, different skins etc. It looks cool, so if it's a 360 only thing, I guess I'll just live without.

I don't even think PS3 is getting the King of the Hill game mode. I'm not sure though.

Koth mode looks great. The lobby system in the past few MKs have been bare bones. If anyone has watched Netflix on 360 with a friend, the presentation of Koth mode is a lot like it. You have your avatars in a little theatre type environment, watching the fight waiting for their turn. While they wait, they can give respect points and do little actions/reactions to the screen. Like pressing a button will make the avatar boo or cheer, laugh or cry, taunt and whatnot. It also confirms up to 8 players in Koth mode at a time, as well as the winner goes on which is where the name "Koth" comes from.

I also dig the different character avatars you can get. I thought they'd just have maybe 5-6 to choose from, but they seem to be offering lots of characters if not all of them. In that trailer was(from left to right): Baraka, Ermac, Some female(Jade?), Jax, Johnny Cage, Some male, Some ninja(Sub?), Cyrax. Plus we already know Scorpion and Kung Lao are confirmed attires you can get. This also brings up an interesting question...

Spoiler:
In the leaked file, there was an object from each character that you unlocked when doing challenge tower missions, I wonder if those will be avatar rewards or possibly in-game unlockables for the avatars in Koth mode... Regardless, I hope they just aren't random objects that have nothing to do with anything kind of like in MK:A's konquest.

Anyways...It's a great addition imo, much better than just sitting there staring at title cards humping while you wait to fight(MvC3), or not having the ability to have more than just 1 on 1 matches(MK:D-MKvsDC). I hope they have a tag team version of Koth lobbies, where you can have up to 4 teams of 2. That'd be awesome as well.

Great find man.

If this video came from the demo ladder, how come we haven't see this version before? How did they get the extended version?????

OOHHH YEAAHH KOTH must be the exclusive mode that 360 gets... -__- come on DLC!!

I think the QTE on Kratos might have been the end of his X-Ray. I think they might just be for his X-Ray and fatalities as mentioned somewhere above.

Great find man.

If this video came from the demo ladder, how come we haven't see this version before? How did they get the extended version?????

It's all in the youtube video description "From the tournaments in Bruxelles, Belgium. One Demo had this ending with Kratos Gameplay, King of the Hill Online Mode and Raidens Fatality."

Kratos looks ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Raiden's Fatality was looking good, though. That scream Mileena lets out is fantastic.

awesome find! thanks for the sharing that with us!

Re: Kabal's Controversial Fatality

nice find..I was kind of concerned that the first fatality was the one they considered to be crossing the line

where? it aint in the kombat kontinues video and the fatality in the kabal reveal video IS NOT the contraversial one

EDIT: found it :)

But PSN doesn't have avatars...so would they be items you unlock for PSHome?

Kratos looks awesome. I got so excited when I saw him whip out the bow of Helios. I can't wait to use all of his weapons from the game!
I wonder if the QTE's will be actual buttons you have to press, or if they're just there? I feel like a lot of people will b!tch about Kratos having buttons on the screen and consider it "cheating" that he gets to have part of his combo on screen. It'll probably just be the last button of the combo, I'm guessing. IDFK.

i dont care if they do *****!just by me seeing how much of the gow essence they gave him got me hype!can you imagine him and scorpion tagging up?chain gang baby,chain gang!

mileena screamed so funny but i miss her mkd death scream.......

I often get the feeling that Ed Boon isn't entirely comfortable with the fatalities in this game. And I don't blame him, these all are definitely the most brutal fatalities ever and in the most realistic graphics ever.