I'm Starting To Think That You Play As BI-Han & Kuai Liang?

Joshuaalt

On the cover of the game it show Scorpion attacking Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) in the Netherrealm and in the opening of Sub-Zero's vignette Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) is talking to Scorpion.

Exactly. I've been saying this all along. The Sub-Zero brothers are intentionally impossible to tell apart. Their model essentially represents the same person.

Exactly. I've been saying this all along. The Sub-Zero brothers are intentionally impossible to tell apart. Their model essentially represents the same person.

Pretty much, was it said on twitter something to the effect of "Is Sub-Zero a person or an idea?"

I might be a little off in my MK lore, so correct me if I'm wrong. I though that Bi-Han was codenamed Sub-Zero and Kuai-Liang was codenamed Tundra?

I might be a little off in my MK lore, so correct me if I'm wrong. I though that Bi-Han was codenamed Sub-Zero and Kuai-Liang was codenamed Tundra?

kuai was codenamed tundra but changed it to subzero when bi-han died

That is true but they're still virtually the same person. They were raised under the same conditions, trained the same style, learned the same abilities, etc. Tundra in itself is similar to the title "Sub-Zero". The brothers are so similar that the Lin Kuei knew they could have Tundra adopt his brother's mantel and nobody could tell the difference if it weren't for the fact that they saw him die.

kuai was codenamed tundra but changed it to subzero when bi-han died

I know this, I was trying to reply to Kelsper's post. That if (Kind of like what mortalkombat said) Sub-Zero was merely a title, or if Sub-Zero was individual to his character. It's very hard for me to explain, but something along the lines of Sub-Zero is something that defines Bi-Han and Tundra is something that defines Kuai-Liang. If someone knows what the hell I am trying to say then please post it lol.

I know this, I was trying to reply to Kelsper's post. That if (Kind of like what mortalkombat said) Sub-Zero was merely a title, or if Sub-Zero was individual to his character. It's very hard for me to explain, but something along the lines of Sub-Zero is something that defines Bi-Han and Tundra is something that defines Kuai-Liang. If someone knows what the hell I am trying to say then please post it lol.

I thought that because they brought some significance to the fact that "Sub-Zero is an idea" that perhaps it doesn't really matter who it is; elder or younger. I think it will probably play the first tournament as Bi Han, kill him off to become Noob Saibot, and have YSZ (Tundra) technically take his place as the new "Sub-Zero". I don't think the name Tundra is significant, perhaps only for distinguishing that there is a difference between their personalities and the fact that YSZ is good compared to ESZ, who was more or less neutral. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but that's what I got from it.

I don't believe it was ever actually officially confirmed by NRS that they were using Elder Sub-Zero for the story. I think it was some Spanish magazine that jumped to that conclusion and everyone jumped on the bandwagon and assumed they were right.

Regardless: Bi-Han and Kuai = symbolically the same person

It's definitely younger Sub-Zero. Older Sub-Zero will probably have his own design in this game (as Noob Saibot).

I don't know what the hell the OP is talking about.

The thing is, we haven't seen the scar on Sub-Zero yet, meaning that they are probably using the same model and not adding that one little scar so it looks like YSZ. I dunno.

The thing is, we haven't seen the scar on Sub-Zero yet, meaning that they are probably using the same model and not adding that one little scar so it looks like YSZ. I dunno.

My theory is that as you progress through story mode, you unlock alternatives to the primary costumes. Like when you get to the point in the story when Kung Lao gives Sub-Zero his scar, you unlock the "scared Sub-Zero " costume for vs. and what not. This probably isn't the case, but it's just what I think.

I'm pretty sure the only scarred Sub-Zero we'll be seeing is the maskless one... because that's when he was first shown to have it.

Do you really think they're going to create a whole, new model just to add one little, almost invisible scar or his face?

Come on guys, we settled this a long long time ago...

Initially, NR Studios wanted to put Bi-Han in this game, but they realized it would be ruining the character of the younger sub-zero and in a way eliminating noob. There is evidence of this because of the original bio on the Mortal Kombat site.

However NR realized it would be easier to just use the Kuai liang in this game, so essentially what they did is change the story of the brothers completely in order to pay homage to the older sub-zero by giving kuai liang his features.

Ive said this time and time again, during Scorpions chapter during story mode, youre probably gonna fight and kill sub-zero (Bi-Han) and then you are Kuai Liang during sub-zeros chapter during story mode. It makes sense from what weve seen in the kombo video cinematics. Also it says that Kuai Liang takes the persona of his brother completely to lure out scorpion, so it would make sense that they look the same, it gives NR an excuse to use the same model.

I hope no one is confused now.

Come on guys, we settled this a long long time ago...

Initially, NR Studios wanted to put Bi-Han in this game, but they realized it would be ruining the character of the younger sub-zero and in a way eliminating noob. There is evidence of this because of the original bio on the Mortal Kombat site.

However NR realized it would be easier to just use the Kuai liang in this game, so essentially what they did is change the story of the brothers completely in order to pay homage to the older sub-zero by giving kuai liang his features.

Ive said this time and time again, during Scorpions chapter during story mode, youre probably gonna fight and kill sub-zero (Bi-Han) and then you are Kuai Liang during sub-zeros chapter during story mode. It makes sense from what weve seen in the kombo video cinematics. Also it says that Kuai Liang takes the persona of his brother completely to lure out scorpion, so it would make sense that they look the same, it gives NR an excuse to use the same model.

I hope no one is confused now.
Repped for awesome explanation, I also lol at the fact that the member with all the Scorpion stuff had it accurately.

Also helpful for my other forums where people are confused on the 2 Sub-Zeros thing.

Repped for awesome explanation, I also lol at the fact that the member with all the Scorpion stuff had it accurately.

Also helpful for my other forums where people are confused on the 2 Sub-Zeros thing.

LOL thanks a lot bud, but Sub-Zero is my 2nd favourite character in the franchise, I follow their rivalry and know every little detail about it.