Would you be for Shujinko being in the game if his story fit in the new game?

Could Shujinko be accepted in the new MK?

• Total voters

UncleRuckus

I know that the possibiltiy of Shujinko being in this game is near impossible however, Shujinko was key to Armagedon even happening. I have posted earlier about Liu Kang but, now that I think about it Shujinko was the very cause of Armageddon. He was the one that un knowingly helped empower the Dragon King, thus him rising to power, and then his existence allowed for all the dark forces to team up in Armageddon creating that large power surge that Taven's parents were worried about.

As a hero I really like Shujinko's character more. He had a honorable personality and really wanted to do good. He was just decieved. He would be a great hero this time around in my opinion.
He was around during the first tournament but, didn't compete and instead followed Damashi's orders.

Maybe this time Raiden, with whatever memory he gets decides to stop Shujinko from following the wrong path and instead gives him clear vision and enlists him as earths hero(or at least put him with Kang). He was a very capable opponent around the first tournament. You got to remember he always wanted to be in a MK tournament since he was a child. He even started his training with Bo Rai Cho. I think he even has had much more indept training from him than Liu Kang did. And he also trained with may of the best warriors even before the later tournaments.

I don't think he fits in with this game. Maybe they can work him into the next game or something.

I'm not against seeing him again. He was one of the few newer characters that I liked.

no, he basically used other characters moves who will be in game. not a good fit.

Holy Christ... Okay, lets think a little. You people keep tossing out the same bullshit.

This is what they do... They take the character AND give HIM his own moves. See how that works? Did it fly over your head?

Just look back to the early years of MK. There were a few characters that started off borrowing other kombatant's moves. Reptile being the first.

Since he was in the game prior Mk1 i wouldnt mind seeing him as a cameo or his name being mentioned. but as for the game its self, No

Whilst in a storyline sense he could easily be justified, I don't think it'd be a popular move. You could justify most post MK3 Cast members appearing with the intertwining stories that the MK team have created over time. He would need something unique about him this time around. I also think Rayden's knowledge has only been sent back to MK1 so the corruption prior to that would not be prevented.

Holy Christ... Okay, lets think a little. You people keep tossing out the same bullshit.

This is what they do... They take the character AND give HIM his own moves. See how that works? Did it fly over your head?

Just look back to the early years of MK. There were a few characters that started off borrowing other kombatant's moves. Reptile being the first.

Exactly. I remembered we tussled before about this(pallet swap ninjas LOL) but, now I realize you made a very good point back then. A lot of good characters started out as just copycats but, developed into good unique inclusions. The fact that he did other peoples moves were the gimmick in MKD. He learned a lot of different skills from various warriors but, that doesn't mean he can't develop his own unique style from what he has learned. Good point.

I gotta say no. Didn't like his story. Didn't like his character design. Didn't like him period.

Also on the never ever ever to come back list:

* Jarek
* Bo'Rai Cho
* Hsu Hao
* Ashrah
* Darrius
* Havik
* Dairou
* Hotaru, and his stupid flag
* Kira
* Kobra
* Daegon
* Taven
* Blaze
* Li Mei
* Moloc

Characters it'd be ok to bring back with a complete design and story overhaul

* Nitara (I'd be ok with her if they got rid of the wings and totally re-designed her. She looked like garbage in
Deadly Alliance).
* Meat (as a complete joke, he was ok)

Everyone else from MK4 - MKA would be ok to see

Not gonna lie, I liked his character in konquest mode so ill give him another chance. But for this game, hell no. Just please leave us with some old school, glory day MK feel please :)

Im sorry. how playable was Reptile? not so much. Why you brought that up as an example is stupid. Sure Smoke and Scorp were mirrors, but mainly due to limits in the hardware of the day. He was a stupid character to use in Deception, all though the story was very good.

So at first thought, IT WOULDNT WORK AND IS A WASTE OF SPACE IMO.

Im sorry. how playable was Reptile? not so much. Why you brought that up as an example is stupid. Sure Smoke and Scorp were mirrors, but mainly due to limits in the hardware of the day. He was a stupid character to use in Deception, all though the story was very good.

So at first thought, IT WOULDNT WORK AND IS A WASTE OF SPACE IMO.

It DOES work at first thought. An intelligent person would know how to handle the character without a second thought. It's the slower people that think just because he was flawed character in the past, there's no way to change him for the future. And that's bullshit.

Every character can be saved. That's why I don't understand the hate for Sheeva and Rain... Yeah they haven't done much in the series, but they CAN be expanded on.

Use your damn brain.

It DOES work at first thought. An intelligent person would know how to handle the character without a second thought. It's the slower people that think just because he was flawed character in the past, there's no way to change him for the future. And that's bullshit.

Every character can be saved. That's why I don't understand the hate for Sheeva and Rain... Yeah they haven't done much in the series, but they CAN be expanded on.

Use your damn brain.

Wait, so if Sheeva and Rain can be expanded on why can't Kratos fit in exactly? Is it JUST because he's not property of NRS? Would you consider Meat in the same category?

Although I will say I think a lot of the bias towards Shujinko is because he's a post MK arcade character. If he'd been created in MK2 or MK3 (or maybe even 4), then more people would probably want him included, no matter how awful of a character he was (like Stryker).

I actually want Shinnok in this game because he's got a cool backstory, and he's got a great character design IMO. I don't think both he and Shang should morph (just Shang, since he's my favorite and is more established), but there's room for both in the game I think. At the end of the day I don't think there's justification for bringing EVERYONE back and making this Armageddon all over again, so some people have to go to the chopping block, which is why I made my list above.

I think he'd work great. It'd be awesome to see his basic moves be the mix of various different moves from other characters like before, but then the special versions be completely different, with different effects and stuff.

Wait, so if Sheeva and Rain can be expanded on why can't Kratos fit in exactly? Is it JUST because he's not property of NRS? Would you consider Meat in the same category?

Is Kratos a Mortal Kombat character? No. He's not. Sheeva and Rain are.

Kratos also had three full games worth of development. What is there to expand on?

As for Meat, he IS a Mortal Kombat character. He could and should be fleshed out some more. He actually has quite an interesting base for a character. As for why people can't stand him, I don't know... It doesn't make any sense. He isn't full enough to love or hate. But he does have a lot of potential to be made into a fuller character.

Or they can keep him as a secret character / joke character. Either way, he's MK material.

Is Kratos a Mortal Kombat character? No. He's not. Sheeva and Rain are.

Kratos also had three full games worth of development. What is there to expand on?

As for Meat, he IS a Mortal Kombat character. He could and should be fleshed out some more. He actually has quite an interesting base for a character. As for why people can't stand him, I don't know... It doesn't make any sense. He isn't full enough to love or hate. But he does have a lot of potential to be made into a fuller character.

Or they can keep him as a secret character / joke character. Either way, he's MK material.

I agree with you about Sheeva & Rain, I am all for original characters (that was the secret recipe for MK II, everyone was different) but I have to disagree about Meat, besides being a combat dummy in practise mode, he is worthless.

I agree with you about Sheeva & Rain, I am all for original characters (that was the secret recipe for MK II, everyone was different) but I have to disagree about Meat, besides being a combat dummy in practise mode, he is worthless.

As he is now, yeah. There's not much to him. I'm saying his concept is interesting, though. Something that escaped the Flesh Pits. I think it expanded upon he could be worthy enough.

Not in this game, but perhaps in a future game with a new set of special moves. I know a lot of people are going to be like "Reptile was the first to do it," or "Smoke used Scorpion's get over here." But what happened to them in the end? They got their own moves.

mmmm please don't get me wrong, I liked the Konquest in MKD and Shujinko its like... a so - so character but it's overall design it's ok. If you ask me, for the new MK I just want to see everything from MK to UMK and nothing more. That's just me.

Cheers!