mortal kombat tv series?

mk is pretty big,mk movies suck,and the new web series is kinda limited to some so why not a kickass tv series would make more sense to me with all these queer vampire shows/reality shows mk series would be badass theres really no kung fu/fighting shows on tv

As cool as we are, the fact is we're a niche market. The hordes of people who like the "queer" shows you refer to outnumber us greatly. The networks make more money off the queer shows than MK. As long as this is true, what you want isn't going to happen.

As cool as we are, the fact is we're a niche market. The hordes of people who like the "queer" shows you refer to outnumber us greatly. The networks make more money off the queer shows than MK. As long as this is true, what you want isn't going to happen.

maybe not true just networks havent got there pitch for mk series

If it could be done in the vein of 'Spartacus' then maybe it would work. But some lame-o Power Ranger show like the old shit just won't cut it.

If it could be done in the vein of 'Spartacus' then maybe it would work. But some lame-o Power Ranger show like the old shit just won't cut it.

it have to be bloody/action pack maybe a hbo series but i noticed they can play any thing on tv now as long as they have there warning popup after commercials

They are making a webseries... Warner Bros. has given the guy, who directed the MK Rebirth short, the go to make one.

Defenders of the Realm was good for it's time; the peak era of Saturday morning cartoons. And the live action Mortal Kombat: Konquest was awful. I think they should stick to the web series for now and see what happens.

@mysox I hope not. Usually, web series producers distribute the episodes freely around the web for publicity.

Agreed.
Konquest was crap.

They are making a webseries... Warner Bros. has given the guy, who directed the MK Rebirth short, the go to make one.
Oh god, I hope not.
That Rebirth film short was retarded.

Yeah, even if it's not free I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere.

I can tell you right now, there's no way in hell I'm paying to see that. The concept is interesting but not enough for me to dish out cash for something that SHOULD be free.

Defenders of the Realm was good for it's time; the peak era of Saturday morning cartoons. And the live action Mortal Kombat: Konquest was awful. I think they should stick to the web series for now and see what happens.

I disagree on both points - DotR was Mortal Kombat - Captain Planet style rubbish. I liked Konquest, some fun fight scenes, yes the stories were horrible but it was still fun.

I think a Mk series should be similar to Spartacus for the gore, and similar to Tru Blood for the supernatural elements(sorcery, various creatures, and waring races). A good mix of these two would be spectacular!

I think a Mk series should be similar to Spartacus for the gore, and similar to Tru Blood for the supernatural elements

I totally agree about Spartacus. The violence, combat and red, red blood is a perfect fit. Tru Blood is good, but I'd say having some of the elements of Buffy and Angel would be great; especially since those were shows that mixed the occult, supernatural and horror themes with martial arts, and actually dealt with the life and death consequences of combat.

Check the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQsxNJ5xCg