"Gore Tech"?

Zafiro

Sorry if theres a pre-existent thread relating to this, but im not exactly cognizant of whats been posted and whats not. Anway, ive seen in several interviews , particularly ones where Shaun Himmerick is being interviewed, where "gore tech" is mentioned. What exactly is that?
I know Shaun mentions for example that you will be able to "see tongues flapping"... has this even been implemented? For example, Kitanas fatality doesnt really show the opponent's tongue flapping after she slices their head off at the jaw

The game isn't finished and it has been a long while since we have seen any fatalities. I am positive about the situation because as a true MK fan, fatalities won't make or break the game for me. But they are greatly appreciated ;)

Like back,back,back,lowpunch said, I think it's because fatalities are not finished yet. They've been saying this since the first fatalities were shown, and actually they showed a lot of fatalities in like 2 or 3 months and since then we haven't seen any new fatalites. I'm positive that, just like Kitana's hair is a little better now since the public builds, the fatalities are already better than when we last saw them.

It's all lies and decepetion.

...Kidding. But we haven't seen anything suggesting stuff like this yet.

Companies always say that things are a work in progress just so people don't criticize them too much. They want you to think something is going to be better in the final game, when in reality it will be exactly the same.

Companies always say that things are a work in progress just so people don't criticize them too much. They want you to think something is going to be better in the final game, when in reality it will be exactly the same.

Agreed, but there is nothing more to improve with the fatalities in my opinion. I don't know why so many people hate the fatalities??

coz they suck, and we have been promised so much more....I have been asking about goretech since it was mentioned....and we have seen no sign of it...Im gussings its just the mk team being as lazy as they have always been....and I dont think well see it....as much as i would love to, we wont....and Im 100% certain what we see if what we get, and nothing will change....the game is not early in development, its 3 months away...

this is just another case of a lazy,misguided team...focussing on SHIT instead of gold....like all mks this will be a let down with the devs focussing more on mini,games super hard secrets that ammount to nothing, or super unlockables that dont exist! or idiot friendships an babablitys, when they should have been focusin what put mk on the map FATALITIES! I find it absurd....that a game like left 4 dead 2 can implement internal modelling and intestings an organs, with up to 50 on screen at once....and mk cant not even do this to ONE character , when only 2 are on screen...again just more evidence what a joke mk is and how bad its team is.....they are ALWAYS so close but so far to making a perfect mk

so what you will mk was never meant to be a joke..they made it one from mk3 onward

coz they suck, and we have been promised so much more....I have been asking about goretech since it was mentioned....and we have seen no sign of it...Im gussings its just the mk team being as lazy as they have always been....and I dont think well see it....as much as i would love to, we wont....and Im 100% certain what we see if what we get, and nothing will change....the game is not early in development, its 3 months away...

this is just another case of a lazy,misguided team...focussing on SHIT instead of gold....like all mks this will be a let down with the devs focussing more on mini,games super hard secrets that ammount to nothing, or super unlockables that dont exist! or idiot friendships an babablitys, when they should have been focusin what put mk on the map FATALITIES! I find it absurd....that a game like left 4 dead 2 can implement internal modelling and intestings an organs, with up to 50 on screen at once....and mk cant not even do this to ONE character , when only 2 are on screen...again just more evidence what a joke mk is and how bad its team is.....they are ALWAYS so close but so far to making a perfect mk

so what you will mk was never meant to be a joke..they made it one from mk3 onward

I find people like YOU absurd. Honestly, the game is looking beautiful and EVERYONE who has played it wasn't let down. The fatalities are awesome! What ****ING MORE DO YOU WANT?! Reptile puking acid down someone's stomach isn't good enough? Really? Scorpion slicing someone's body and head in ****ING half isn't good enough. People like you DISGUST me. They shouldn't even be FOCUSING on the fatalities, they should be focusing on the ****ING FIGHTING. Because after all, is this NOT a fighting game. From the look of the game play and combo videos we HAVE seen, it's going to be really deep, and really fun. But I guess some people will never be pleased. You people pick apart this game bit by little ****ing bit. And about left 4 dead 2 and it's "intestings an organs".. Did you NOT notice the x-ray moves? Their whole muscular and bone structure are SEPARATELY MODELED! Yeah after mk3 they went to shit. They focused on mini-games and extras, but from everything that was shown from this, they've CLEARLY been given a chance to hone their skills and aren't being rushed to push out an unfinished product. "so what you will mk was never meant to be a joke" I will SAY what I will, and remember I said this... Mk will redeem themselves with this entry into the series. **** off.

Gore tech I believe refers to the various physics like dynamic blood flying off of fighters and interacting with the character models and environments. You also get things like flesh and costume bits hanging off the bodies and such. Blood that realistically darkens and whatnot. Not to mention the individual, fully modeled insides of each character.

You also get ice that melts, sand that shifts around, beautiful fire, smoke and lighting... It's a weirdly detailed game physics-wise, considering all the physics implemented are purely aesthetic. I know it's the most visually engaging fighter I've ever seen, I don't know about you guys.

thats my whole point dude...why did they model the insides indiviudlay only to be used for a meager 2 seconds of xray? and not once implement it in fatalities? thus confirming gore tech? BECAUSE THE TEAM IS LAZY!!!! FACE IT! they cut corners and never deliver what they could and should!

we have detailed interntal oragns an skeletons,which i commend them on! yet NONE of it is being used! we have no scorpion burning them to the bones! we have no reptile melting them with acide exposing the bones! we have no dead pool melting them, just a splash! so you tell me! how that is not lazy! IT IS ,DEAL WITH IT!!

and I would put money on it that the toasty preorder bonus fatality will be EXACTLY like the mk v dc one! another lazy thing hey have been doing is still using mk v dc animations!!!!

so after all that we get slice points , which severely limits the fatlaities and the potenial to use the internal modelling!

and no fatalities you mentioned are not good enough! they are down right SHIT! they have done crap like that in the old 3d games and its nothing exciting...and niether is this...there is no clear upgrade on their behalf in terms of fatalities...Reptiles SUCKS! punchign a hole in the stomach, with NO visible damage at ALL is pathetic...

I do not hate mk....I love it and I am only sayin this because I want the game to be the best it can and should be! its complacent people like you, that cause the devs to think, "oh we have done good enough" , if we all spoke out about this maybe we would have a better game! and 70% of people all over the web think the fatalities suck! check the various mk forums...the youtube comments, the face book comments ALOT Of people are not happy!

I for one do not want to be playing this game , critically stating, ohhhh they shoulda done this! oh that would be better like this! they promised this! but Im not seein it! and Im not seeing that! why??!!

I wanna play the game as I did when i played mk2 and be blown away with the detail and the effort that was put into it....

the team has NO excuse now , under warnder with all the time and money, for this not be be what every one expects! jsut because mkvdc sucked! does not by default make this game better just because it has blood! that should not make us complacent!!!!!! DEMAND MORE!

the fatality slice point system is LAZY! why not just individualy create them? Coz the team is LAZY! you....**** off!

end of the day I may piss you off but im a big fan and just want a good mk i can play for more then 2 weeks like I did when mk2 came out

You're just funny now. Really. You're so horrible at typing the simplest of words(warnder? You meant Warner, right?), but you get something like complacent right? I'm calling troll. I know the game is gonna be great, I don't need you to. They said it themselves, SOME of the fatalities aren't finished yet. Or weren't finished when they were doing demonstrations. How do you know we won't have scorpion burning them to the bone? I know damn well they aren't gonna package in that same Mkvsdc fatality he had. They have no reason to. They haven't shown us, and aren't gonna show us everything. I'm not ****ing complacent either. I'm blown away by what they've done here. I haven't been this excited about an Mk since Mk3. You can sit here and speculate all you want, but this game IS going to be great.

...i acutally somewhat agree with spader, and as much as it might sound like whining i have to say the fatalities and not only that could be tons better...not to dislike MK9 or something, but i feel like it will be overrated when it will come out, but thats how bussiness done nowadays unfortunately...thats not only about MK9, Mk9 only follows its roots, there're hundred games, which nothing more than money worms...remeber what games used to be like 10 or even more years ago? when everything what were done had no additional content, when only about 1gb of hard drive disc space required and nothing else, but CD etc etc (i'm talking about PC off course)...but we can go on and on here honestly...games aren't made of heart nowadays, thats obvious and MK9 won't be an exception...maybe it'll be just a BIT better than other commercial crap, but not much better though and definitely not as good as everyone hypes it...

Oh jesus ****ing christ not another one. You people have NO ****ing faith. Zero. NONE. You act as if every game that's come out after the late 90s has been a huge cash in. Obviously there are games like this (I don't need to say Call of Duty, I know that's what you're thinking.). But unless you're completely ****ing blind, that's NOT what this is. The MASSIVE quality increase from mkvsdc to this is, in and of itself incredible. They've been given EVERYTHING they needed to work with and it shows. Every public demo they do of this game, every new video that comes out SHOWS they've been listening to us, it shows in the graphics, it shows in kitanas hair(even they had to have known it looked crappy at first, but guess what? THEY FIXED IT). And I pray they don't listen to babies like you and Spader. They're doing a god damn good job. Not everything is about fatalities either. Sure there a part of the Mortal Kombat experience, but you in no way should be basing your opinion on this game around the ****ing fatalities. There's a LOT more to look at here. Have you NOT seen the beautiful backgrounds they've created? The character models? Every god damn spec of this game has seen a bit of polish, and it SHOWS. But because the ****ing fatalities aren't as gruesome as you want them to be you gain a complete lack of faith in the series. Despicable. Truly despicable. Finally, gaming magazines and publications are taking a serious interest in Mortal Kombat, I haven't seen coverage like this since Deception MAYBE. And that's a big ****ing maybe. THEY notice how much work they're putting in this, but you the "really big fan"s don't? Gimme a ****ing break. Fans my ass. Y'know I really really liked this forum when I joined back in July, but the more time I spend here and the more whiny babies like you I see here, the less I want to be a part of it. I love the updates and the coverage, I hate the community.

Calm down man. While it is true that the team are definitely trying their hardest, people are entitled to their own opinion, whether they are wrong or not. I have faith in this game, but even my faith is being questioned because of the lack of updates we have recently. With that said, I have no doubts that this game is going to the best game I have played a long time. (Yes, even UMK3)

Saying that people make games only to make money is sorta redundant. Anybody claiming this game's DLC is a ploy for more money isn't paying attention. Near as I can tell, every character from MK Trilogy is in this thing except for Chameleon, Rain, Kintaro and Motaro. That's a ton of characters, and unlike Trilogy and Armageddon, this isn't an update to an established game, this is a whole new beast.

Also, say what you will about whatever little shortcomings (like the whole no-visible-holes thing when peeps get their guts ripped out or whatever) the game's tech and graphics are already solid. Let's not forget, fatalities, though awesome, aren't gameplay. They should look great, and they do, but if that's where the developers put all their priorities, it'd be just as bad as if they spent their time on a mini-game or whatnot. Point me to the MK game where every single fatality is amazing, and I'll give you a hug.