"Gore Tech"?

seriously I will put money on the fact after 2 months of release every one will be *****ing about this game, after seeing what it could of been....

coz really its shapping up to be nothing but a nostalgia trip.....umk3 with new graphics is all

coz really its shapping up to be nothing but a nostalgia trip.....umk3 with new graphics is all

I'll give you that it's nostalgic, but saying it's just UMK3 again is just grossly untrue. You haven't made your case, sir. Kinda behaving like a huge troll.

Wzup guys,

1st of all let me thank members : [spader] and [Viking_Poodle] , because their lil' debate got me to finally register to the forums :))))

(been watchin this since the MK HD first news back in august or so)...

Anywho ... let me start by telling u guys ( spader, Viking_Poodle ) that I agree with both of you for different reasons, and I understand why u guys are so passionate about it.

The thing is that regardless of what you think,in fact regardless of what all of us think of mk9 or wish for it ... its not gonna happen , or if it does its not because of us , Midway always did what they wanted and NRS will continue to do so .. only so lil' changed since they got under WB ... same sheet, different toilet.

spader I can see why u can think they are lazy ... i mean don't get me wrong I'm happy how they improved over the years but if you are a mk 1-2-3 era FAN ... u dont care so much about MKDA, MKD, MKA and stuff like that ... sure I wanna see scorpion's burn to the bone fatality , sure I wanna see the dead pool acid affecting ya like in MKII , I mean who wouldn't , and you know what maybe will see that , bottom line is that , we shouldn't complain just yet , lets see the game released ... and then discuss it .. and also you shouldn't get too overexcited over it for the same reason , cuz we have no clue how the final built is gonna look like , they might impress us or they might dissapoint us...
what I'm sayin is it can go both ways , thats why i dont wanna pick sides

Viking_Poodle on the other side is right too about a couple of things, the fact that what they showed us until now looks awesome as far as I'm concerned, graphics are good, speedwise it seems like this gonna be one of the fastest ones as movement and stuff,

only problem I see is with the DLC ... i mean WTF only 5 or 6 players? ... i mean i just wanna pay and get like 10 to 20 players more, just the player no part in the story , nothing else , is that so much to ask?

but as I was sayin , if they were actually listening to us and put in the game what we wanted mk would've been perfect by now , but i guess thats not the case now is it? ... and I also get that they can't satisfy each person individualy , but come the f|_!ck on man, how many people asked for Reptile to be in MK vs DC ... it was practicly the only one everyone was gettin crazy about .. even those guys in Germany asked him to do that on youtube .. result??? ... THEY DONT LISTEN .. or they listen but they DONT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ...

ok guys, thats all I had on my mind right now :)

PS: stop arguing over dumb sheet, we are giving them (the mk team) too much importance , lets just wait and see

Sorry for any typos u might find, I try my best tho...

yeah I agree with you man...I just with they would give us what they promise is all and that was gore tech....an Im hoping an preying that they made the internal modelling for more then xrays!

Well, i find it interesting because it was also mentioned that they have "sand tech" specifically for The Desert arena, where it shifts around your feet and whirls through the air "realistically"- we have seen this tech already in place since PAX- Hector likes to mention that they also have "GOBO lighting", which is another tech that makes light bend and create shadows, again, "realistically" to create an ambiance. Now, we have SEEN that both of these techs are already being implemented into the game... but they focus on the arenas. Are they only holding back with implemeting Gore Tech because its more arduous or time-consuming... or is it due to "laziness" as some have speculated..?

They shouldn't even be FOCUSING on the fatalities, they should be focusing on the ****ING FIGHTING. Because after all, is this NOT a fighting game. From the look of the game play and combo videos we HAVE seen, it's going to be really deep, and really fun. But I guess some people will never be pleased.

All things being equal, I would agree with you. However, things are not equal. We are talking about MK here. The simple fact of the matter is, if anyone followed your advice with MK1 back in the day, there wouldn't have been an MKII or any other MK game. MK's fanbase was built on fatalities, and it can't afford to upset that fanbase because they won't be able to steal enough fans from other established franchises to make up for it, no matter how good the gameplay is.

MK's fanbase was built on fatalities

But even from MK1 the development process didn't focus so much on the fatalities. I mean, do you remember the fatalities from MK1? The most complicated one was Sub-Zero's spine rip. The rest were either decapitations, burnings or just graphical bits where the art doesn't even change like Liu's cartwheel uppercut thingy or the heart rip. I mean, 7 characters, each with only one fatality, and even then, the developers have said plenty that it was an afterthought. Point being, fatalities aren't the meal, they're just garnish. People have been calling them 'lazy' since MK2, and I'm sorry, but I've thought they were bad ass and didn't know what everybody was complaining about back then too. But I play fighting games for the fighting. If the gameplay in MK1 sucked, nobody would have cared about the fatalities.

THANKYOU! There is a huge ****ing difference between being lazy and being rushed. And since MkDA, Boon and co. has been rushed and rushed to get a game out once a year. Now they finally have the time they need, and it's SHOWING, and you bastards call them lazy?! I'm done trying to prove this game to you. It'll come out and prove you all wrong anyhow.

Viking_Poodle
While I agree that MK should be centered around the fighting aspect, I would also love to see some of the fatalities incorporate the skeleton, muscle tissue, and skin rotting (Shang Tsung).

For example:
I would like Sindel to have some variation of her scream fatality, where the skin and flesh rip off of the bone.
If Shang Tsung has his Soul Steal fatality back, the flesh should start rotting and turn green-ish, with the organs falling out of the body cavity.

I'm hoping that the fatalities have more of this type of variation, rather than all of them JUST being dismemberments.

EDIT
A perfect example of variety in fatalities is:
Scorpion's Hell drag Fatality in MKvsDC.
It had him spitting the skeleton back up after he dragged it to hell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for awesome fatalities. I just don't think that should be the entire focus. I'd absolutely LOVE to see Sindel's scream fatality or Shang's soul steal, I'm just sure we will. It's a give at this point. They've only shown a handful of fatalities. Don't be ridiculous and think they're ALL gonna be dismemberment based.They've got a do the classics, and believe it or not, a LOT of them are based around slicing or dismemberment.

but they wont mark my words.....they wont....there will be nothing but the dismemberment using that cut system they have....which severely limits what they can do

You're entitled to think whatever you want. I know when it comes out there'll be plenty of the disembowelment variety that we're used to.

the only thing i havent liked about this game so far after seeing kung lao "buzz saw" johnny cage were the sound effects...no actual screams of terror or pain..hopefully it was all place holder material...

im very excited about MK9 and the direction its going...the inside "xray" models are wonderful....and some of the ideas for fatalities that ive seen mentioned as cool as they do sound...they sound very gruesome in nature...and rating systems do come to mind at that point...glad we got another M rated game but can you imagine how close they were walking on that M rating and not a full blown Adults Only thus killing sells in a lot of major retailers...

i dont know why Left 4 dead 2 was brought up? that game looks small in comparison as to the level of details i have seen in MK9 so far...and wouldnt it be great if they kept releasing DLC fatalities and updates as to keep it fresh for a long time to come...it wouldnt be factored into the initial rating of the game either..

MK 2 had a "bright" side bablities,friendships, toasty !...but as the years went the games got more and more ridiculous....adding the mini games, konquest modes, kreate a fighter.....these were all done just to try new things added little bonuses like pong in MK2

what i cant understand is how there can be so much criticism about a product that hasnt been released...

i dont really agree with the "cut" system either it does look cheap....but what are you gonna do? twit ed boon about it?

I'm hoping that the only reason that they haven't released some of the other fatalities, is because of the ERSB.
There may be a limit as to what the ESRB will allow them to show via youtube, facebook, twitter (etc, etc, etc).
Maybe, they're saving the skin-peeling, skeleton-showing fatalities for the game's release.
That's my hope anyways.

I forget if it was Ed Boon's twitter or the official Mk twitter that said it, but one of em' said that they couldn't show us certain stuff because of the esrb.

Ok sooooo... I'm not sure how someone can throw around concepts like, flesh peeling, flesh rotting, flesh sliding from bone. There are reasons that those types of things having shown up in games to the level your suggesting...it's damn near impossible. It's nearly impossible for the same reason that Shang Tsung hasn't been able to transform for the last few games. You can't make 3d rendered things appear, disappear, melt, or change convincingly. With 2d sprites you could simply fade one image over another to create the desired affect, that doesn't work with three dimensions.

As for the idea that the fatalities are weak, I don't know. What else could somebody expect. Scorpion slices someone in half, cuts off the head, boots the effing torso into the background then splits the spinning head in two in mid air...ummm...yeah. Would you rather the programmers model each cell of the body, zoom in and show what is happening at a molecular level? Freezing someone and shattering them with their own spine that you just ripped from their body isn't far enough...c'mon read that sentence out loud and see how crazy that sounds...SHATTERING SOMEONE WITH THEIR OWN SPINE!

I'm not saying everyone should love this game just because, it very well could suck...But as for the fatalities there are only so many ways to dismember, burn, decapitate someone.

Ok sooooo... I'm not sure how someone can throw around concepts like, flesh peeling, flesh rotting, flesh sliding from bone. There are reasons that those types of things having shown up in games to the level your suggesting...it's damn near impossible. It's nearly impossible for the same reason that Shang Tsung hasn't been able to transform for the last few games. You can't make 3d rendered things appear, disappear, melt, or change convincingly. With 2d sprites you could simply fade one image over another to create the desired affect, that doesn't work with three dimensions.

As for the idea that the fatalities are weak, I don't know. What else could somebody expect. Scorpion slices someone in half, cuts off the head, boots the effing torso into the background then splits the spinning head in two in mid air...ummm...yeah. Would you rather the programmers model each cell of the body, zoom in and show what is happening at a molecular level? Freezing someone and shattering them with their own spine that you just ripped from their body isn't far enough...c'mon read that sentence out loud and see how crazy that sounds...SHATTERING SOMEONE WITH THEIR OWN SPINE!

I'm not saying everyone should love this game just because, it very well could suck...But as for the fatalities there are only so many ways to dismember, burn, decapitate someone.

I agree. Ive always found it hard to believe that they could have things like "skin melting" effects built into the engine.

As for the quality of the Fatalities, im pretty much satisfied. There are some that could have been better (Scorpion's are similar, Kitana's is bland) but overall theyre progressing quite good.

well, I dont think its impossible they are doing it with the xrays showing the internal things, and they have said they can make organs spill out an reveal flesh and bone...it can be done an should be done it should be ground breaking not the same old same old..which this celary will be and it sux

well, I dont think its impossible they are doing it with the xrays showing the internal things, and they have said they can make organs spill out an reveal flesh and bone...it can be done an should be done it should be ground breaking not the same old same old..which this celary will be and it sux

I don't get it. Are you going to play the game when it comes out?