Mk Near Arcade Perfect games(Help)-Aldo Moreno

Aldo Moreno

I have lots of goals. One of my goals is to have ALL the mortal kombat games before I die. But I don't want every MK game for every sytstem they made MK in. I just want to which system has the near arcade perfect games and the version that is better than the other. And I need you guys to help me out! Like seriously!

Games I have:
MkD, MKDA, MKD, MKSM: I have it for PS2 cause I think its better than the Xbox versions.

MKvsDC: I have it on PS3 cause I think its better than the 360.

MK2: From what I know the 32x version is the near arcade out of all the MK2 games out there. Is it true tho? Is MK2 on 32X the best near arcade?

Games I know I am going to get:
MKD(Gamecube) and MKA(Wii): I am going to get those games because both of them have more characters.

MKT: I am going to get them on Playstation and N64 cause the chacarters.

MKTE: Same reason(chacacters)

MKU: Characters

MKSF: Its only on Playstion so I don't need any help there

UMK3: For the DS. But I still want the home console for it

Which system has the near arcade perfect or perfect arcade version in these games:
MK1
Mk3
UMK3
MK4

Last, which version of MKSZM is better:
playstation or N64

Please I need the help from you guys. And tell me if I am missing any games.

EDIT: Which site is faster, cheaper, and can be trusted more?
Ebay or Amazon.

Last edited:
I have lots of goals. One of my goals is to have ALL the mortal kombat games before I die. But I don't want every MK game for every sytstem they made MK in. I just want to which system has the near arcade perfect games and the version that is better than the other. And I need you guys to help me out! Like seriously!

Games I have:
MkD, MKDA, MKD, MKSM: I have it for PS2 cause I think its better than the Xbox versions.

MKvsDC: I have it on PS3 cause I think its better than the 360.

MK2: From what I know the 32x version is the near arcade out of all the MK2 games out there. Is it true tho? Is MK2 on 32X the best near arcade?

Games I know I am going to get:
MKD(Gamecube) and MKA(Wii): I am going to get those games because both of them have more characters.

MKT: I am going to get them on Playstation and N64 cause the chacarters.

MKTE: Same reason(chacacters)

MKU: Characters

MKSF: Its only on Playstion so I don't need any help there

UMK3: For the DS. But I still want the home console for it

Which system has the near arcade perfect or perfect arcade version in these games:
MK1
Mk3
UMK3
MK4

Last, which version of MKSZM is better:
playstation or N64

Please I need the help from you guys. And tell me if I am missing any games.

EDIT: Which site is faster, cheaper, and can be trusted more?
Ebay or Amazon.

Well man, if you want 'arcade perfect' I'm assuming you're talking about the big 3? MK1, MK2, UMK3? With the exception of MK4... yuk... but that's just my tiny opinion. You should really Google "Mame" and "Arcade Emulator". You might be pleasantly surprised. Doesn't get much more arcade perfect than the arcade version wouldn't you say?

Well man, if you want 'arcade perfect' I'm assuming you're talking about the big 3? MK1, MK2, UMK3? With the exception of MK4... yuk... but that's just my tiny opinion. You should really Google "Mame" and "Arcade Emulator". You might be pleasantly surprised. Doesn't get much more arcade perfect than the arcade version wouldn't you say?

But I rather just play the good ol fashine way with the control and not a emulator. Thats why I need help. Do you know of the near perfect arcade systems?
EX: MK2(32X)

Do you not have a pad to connect to your PC? I use my old ps2 controller with an adapter it works flawlessly, I can play almost all the mortal kombat games on my PC via emulators. Listen to adjun the only arcade perfect versions are the arcade versions.

Sure! Get the arcade machines. Thats what I did. Trust me, home consoles will never do justice to ANY arcade title. Just start looking and you find them all.

The only way you'll ever play an "arcade perfect" version is playing the actual arcade version. Not even mame or all the emulators in the world can replicate how the games play on a cab via a jamma board. trust me.

Emu'd MK's tho are about the best you'll get. The only exception being MK4, since it was never fully emulated for mame, etc, so the best port you can play is the N64 version, and even then, its a lot faster on the N64.

Ninja Edit:

Regardless, arcade cabs or at least playing the games from the jamma boards is the way to go. Pricey? yes, but they are SO worth it if you have the money and space. Home ports are terrible and are arcade awful lol.

Last edited:
I rather get homeconsole instead of arcades cause thats to much money.

but your wasting money. As far as the 2d MK ports go, most of them are terrible or have some glaring issue with it. I guess if you want to buy all the different versions of the 3d MK's, go for it, but those games stink to high hell anyways :mrgreen:

but your wasting money. As far as the 2d MK ports go, most of them are terrible or have some glaring issue with it. I guess if you want to buy all the different versions of the 3d MK's, go for it, but those games stink to high hell anyways :mrgreen:

You know what, you have good point.

So what games should I get on arcade? All of them besides MK4?

You know what, you have good point.

So what games should I get on arcade? All of them besides MK4?

if your gonna get cabs, then MK1, MK2, UMk3 and MK4 (MK3 is obsolete, as UMK3 is the final MK3). But i recommend the N64 MK4. good port, but it runs faster than the actual arcade version.

the closest home versions are-
MK1- Mortal Kpmbat Deception bonus disk(PS2), yes there are a few glitches and sometimes the courtyard music has really Low volume, but it looks and sounds just like the arcade.
MK II- Midway Arcade Treasures Vol 2(PS2) the MKII on this is damn near arcade perfect, it plays just a little faster, but I think this version is better than the PSN version
MK 3 (PS1) the loading times suck but this is the closest to the arcade I seen on a console.
Of course like everyone else is saying, you can only get arcade perfect from an actual cabinet, but from a console these are the closest.

the closest home versions are-
MK1- Mortal Kpmbat Deception bonus disk(PS2), yes there are a few glitches and sometimes the courtyard music has really Low volume, but it looks and sounds just like the arcade.
MK II- Midway Arcade Treasures Vol 2(PS2) the MKII on this is damn near arcade perfect, it plays just a little faster, but I think this version is better than the PSN version
MK 3 (PS1) the loading times suck but this is the closest to the arcade I seen on a console.
Of course like everyone else is saying, you can only get arcade perfect from an actual cabinet, but from a console these are the closest.
I really don't want those Treasure ones:p

if your gonna get cabs, then MK1, MK2, UMk3 and MK4 (MK3 is obsolete, as UMK3 is the final MK3). But i recommend the N64 MK4. good port, but it runs faster than the actual arcade version.

Okay got that on my list, and about the MKSZM, which version is better.

Well my friend, if you're into classic console gaming this are my sincere thoughts of which are the better versions according to the ones I own:

MK1 - The port in 2nd DVD of the MKD Collectors Edition on PS2
Mk2 - The one on Midway Arcade Treasures. Note: you asked about the 32X version: it sucks @ss. All who have played the Genesis version will know how crappy that port was, so, the 32X version was the same Genesis one with the same music only a couple of color enhancements and voices added. I still have that cart somewhere in the shadows...
MK3 - PSX version and the Midway Arcade Treasures.
MK4 - Only played it on PSX but also had an arcade local close so I'm pretty sure its a very near arcade perfect port.

Last edited:
Another question Tim, I go to Mexico and they have like a lot of games in one arcade machine. Is it possible where I can buy one machine with MK1, MK2, and UMK3 in it but still have like a Mortal Kombat logo on it?

Well my friend, if you're into classic console gaming this are my sincere thoughts of the versions I have:

MK1 - The port in 2nd DVD of the MKD Collectors Edition on PS2
Mk2 - The one on Midway Arcade Treasures Note: you asked about the 32X version: it sucks @ss. All who have played the Genesis version will know how crappy that port was, so, the 32X version was the same Genesis one with the same music only a couple of color enhancements and voices added. I still have that cart somewhere in the shadows...
MK3 - PSX version and the Midway Arcade Treasures.
MK4 - Only played it on PSX but also had an arcade local close so I'm pretty sure its a very near arcade perfect port.

Thanks man, but I rather much take Tim's advice on Arcade Cabniets.

Another question Tim, I go to Mexico and they have like a lot of games in one arcade machine. Is it possible where I can buy one machine with MK1, MK2, and UMK3 in it but still have like a Mortal Kombat logo on it?

You can get a device to play at least all the arcade MK's on one cab. And what i mean at least is just the final arcade versions, not including revisions and hacks, etc. It can get pricey, but with patience and checking all the right places, you can at least get yourself started.

I myself, have an UMK3 cab. It was an old MK2 cab, but I got it painted in all purple to match the color of UMK3 marquee and title screen. I've went from a Mk3 control panel to a MK2 cp and now a sorta generic UMK3 inpsired piece on art on my cp. I am looking into also making it the Ultimate MK cab with at least the 4 final revisions of MK1, Mk2, UMk3 & MK4, so decorated with the MK4 control panel, MK1 marquee and MK2 art on one side, MK3 on the other. I used my cab for high level play, and it actually has 2 PSX pads wired though the control panel as well. its pretty flippin sweet.

I saw a Mortal Kombat Cab in the Pennysaver a few weeks ago for $100 bucks. All you had to do is replace a tube.