Mass Effect 2

Adjun

Running on the Mass Effect 3 engine and sporting slightly sharper graphics and lighting effects, PS3 owners get the best and most complete version of Mass Effect 2

Full Story @ IGN

[video]http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/17/mass-effect-2-ps3-video-review?objectid=14235018&show=HD[/video]

Re: Mass Effect 2 for PS3 poo's on 360 :)

yea! ME2 is like one of the best games on ps3, one of my favorite game serieses of today. i have it and finished it. it has altot of replay value. hoping for a few improvements in the next ME, but ya ME ftw!!!

...and here we go again...another provoking thread to start flame wars...anyway PC pooo's on them all anyway...when it comes to Mass Effect gameplay...

...and here we go again...another provoking thread to start flame wars...anyway PC pooo's on them all anyway...when it comes to Mass Effect gameplay...

I think the N64 does. Nice effects and everything.

I think the N64 does. Nice effects and everything.

LOL i never played N64 so i don't know...but i played Dreamcast i think its similar in bits, but N64 from the look of it has much better games...

LOL i never played N64 so i don't know...but i played Dreamcast i think its similar in bits, but N64 from the look of it has much better games...

Oh yes! The grapics in N64 are far more superor than PS3 and XBOX. But the Dreamcast! AAHHHHH!!! It is like you are actually there!

I wouldn't know the PS3 version is better because I played ME2 a year ago and have since moved on. I'm sure the game is 10x amazing on PS3 to justify the wait!

...thanks for posting a completely unnecessary and stupid topic that relates to mk in no way

This area of the forum is for all non-MK games, so this is very much allowed.

BUT everyone knows Mass Effect .1 was best on the NES! ;)

anyway PC pooo's on them all anyway
Pc is so far ahead of both the PS3 and the XB360 any argument over which of those consoles are better is irrelevant. They were obsolete at conception, and both are pretty much antiquated at this point, like a speak and spell.

Colecovision was and STILL is the supreme console!

Colecovision.jpg

Chuck Norris Superkicks is TEH bombzzzz.. And if you disagree he'll come to your door to personally superkick your groin!

happychuckday.jpg

A comparison done with a fine tooth comb reveals that they're on the same level, but different:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-masseffect2-face-off

They were obsolete at conception, and both are pretty much antiquated at this point, like a speak and spell.

Hardly, but they were dated within a year of course and the gap isn't as large as it used to be years ago between PC and console (mainly because consoles dominate the market). In 2005, Xenos was well ahead of most desktop GPU's both performance wise and architecturally (unified shaders, and eDRAM is a nice perk etc). The PS3's GPU was a gen behind PC at launch, but the few developers who got a grip on Cell in the first year managed to get technically impressive games like Uncharted, and Uncharted 2 later on was the year's most technically impressive game.

This gen is particularly interesting in the sense that developers got more creative (software engineering that is) on console, and in turn improving PC versions of multiplatform games too. For example, I believe the first game implementation of MLAA was on console last year.

Game library wise, console all the way for me :)

You had to wait a year to get it too. You can buy 360's ME2 for 9 dollars new now. BFD.

No way!!!!! Sega 32X blows them all away!!!
Oh yeah! Nice gameplay as well!
This area of the forum is for all non-MK games, so this is very much allowed.

BUT everyone knows Mass Effect .1 was best on the NES! ;)
Yeah if you like crappy broken games. But the grahpics were nice. Wasnet it a nominee in some big time video game award for best grapics for Mass Effect NES.
Pc is so far ahead of both the PS3 and the XB360 any argument over which of those consoles are better is irrelevant. They were obsolete at conception, and both are pretty much antiquated at this point, like a speak and spell.
Nooooo SNES and 32x are better:).
A comparison done with a fine tooth comb reveals that they're on the same level, but different:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-masseffect2-face-off

Hardly, but they were dated within a year of course and the gap isn't as large as it used to be years ago between PC and console (mainly because consoles dominate the market). In 2005, Xenos was well ahead of most desktop GPU's both performance wise and architecturally (unified shaders, and eDRAM is a nice perk etc). The PS3's GPU was a gen behind PC at launch, but the few developers who got a grip on Cell in the first year managed to get technically impressive games like Uncharted, and Uncharted 2 later on was the year's most technically impressive game.

This gen is particularly interesting in the sense that developers got more creative (software engineering that is) on console, and in turn improving PC versions of multiplatform games too. For example, I believe the first game implementation of MLAA was on console last year.

Game library wise, console all the way for me :)
Yeah and N64:DD

Hardly, but they were dated within a year of course and the gap isn't as large as it used to be years ago between PC and console (mainly because consoles dominate the market). In 2005, Xenos was well ahead of most desktop GPU's both performance wise and architecturally (unified shaders, and eDRAM is a nice perk etc).
I was actually referring to the lack of modularity. That in and of itself, was the obsolescence.

Just picked up ME2 I have to say I'm not sure how to approach it gameplay wise. Most games I can figure it out pretty easily but ME2 has me wondering what I should do. Any ME vets here that can give me any tips and tricks.

I went with commando.

The weapons definitely suck ass at first, but they get much better soon after.
So it seems difficult at first, but its only a small trial by fire.

In my playthroughs, the burst fire assault rifle and semi automatic sniper were my best friends.
Its relatively easy to get headshots in this game :)