The romance of Kitana and Liu Kang: a marriage of two realms

mortalkombat

I think it would be a great idea if, instead of Liu Kang rejecting Kitana's proposal for marriage, things somehow change because of Raiden that influences a different decision.

Perhaps there could be a political reason for initiating this. Raiden, wanting to protect Earth Realm, might support this after the battle with Kahn and Shinnok. In his interest, it would create a political alliance with Edenia. Edenia would surely like the idea of a more close alliance with the war against Outworld.

Perhaps this could even result in a harmonious merge between realms, making Liu Kang's obligation to defend Earth Realm over deciding to live a married life to not conflict.

It would make sense that these two realms would merge into one not only for the romance between the two but also because they're considered the "gems" of the universe and are both constantly gobbled up by the realms of Outworld and Nether Realm.

I think it would be a great idea if, instead of Liu Kang rejecting Kitana's proposal for marriage, things somehow change because of Raiden that influences a different decision.

Perhaps there could be a political reason for initiating this. Raiden, wanting to protect Earth Realm, might support this after the battle with Kahn and Shinnok. In his interest, it would create a political alliance with Edenia. Edenia would surely like the idea of a more close alliance with the war against Outworld.

Perhaps this could even result in a harmonious merge between realms, making Liu Kang's obligation to defend Earth Realm over deciding to live a married life to not conflict.

It would make sense that these two realms would merge into one not only for the romance between the two but also because they're considered the "gems" of the universe and are both constantly gobbled up by the realms of Outworld and Nether Realm.

An awesome idea in my opinion :)

I think it would be a little weird if Earthrealm and Edenia were merged together. But the marriage itself is a good idea.

It would be weird, but it would create such a new, positive and unexpected direction for the plot. What better way to finish off the game after beginning on such a dark, hopeless tone only to finally have a happy, fulfilling ending where everyone gets what they want? It would hold potentially interesting prospects for the future of MK.

Nah, pretty unlikely if you ask me.
In order for the two realms to get merged, Liu Kang was supposed to be the ruler of the Earthrealm, or something like that.

If they, in fact, get married, then he'd have to live in Edenia. I don't think it would interfere with Liu Kang's job to protect Earthrealm, because if you think about it, Kitana is an earthrealm warrior as well. As least she's sided with the good guys, but you get the idea...

Now... Don't think those two may not develop a relationship at all?
Kang is her love-interest mainly due to the fact he defeated Kahn and managed to earn Edenia's independence. What would happen if someone else is responsible for the aforementioned events?

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping Sub-Zero and Scorpion would kiss and make up, move to Massachusetts, and get a civil union together... but that's just me dreaming.

Kewl idea though man! I did not know that Kitana proposed to Liu Kang though. You're not referencing the power ranger movies are you?

Nah, pretty unlikely if you ask me.
In order for the two realms to get merged, Liu Kang was supposed to be the ruler of the Earthrealm, or something like that.
According to what? Perhaps Raiden, arguably the closest thing to an authority, would initiate it.

If they, in fact, get married, then he'd have to live in Edenia. I don't think it would interfere with Liu Kang's job to protect Earthrealm, because if you think about it, Kitana is an earthrealm warrior as well. As least she's sided with the good guys, but you get the idea...
They wouldn't need to move to there because Earth Realm and Edenia are merged. It was implied in MK4 that the marriage would somehow prevent Kang from being protector... I would imagine because he wouldn't be there since he would be in Edenia??

Now... Don't think those two may not develop a relationship at all?
Kang is her love-interest mainly due to the fact he defeated Kahn and managed to earn Edenia's independence. What would happen if someone else is responsible for the aforementioned events?
I don't think things are going to change much. Making Liu Kang not be the champion and... survive would be an iconic butchery. If NRS is working to make characters more interesting, this would definitely be a step in the right direction instead of handing this off to, per say, Kung Lao...

According to what? Perhaps Raiden, arguably the closest thing to an authority, would initiate it.

I don't think gods would approve the merging idea... It's just a little out of place.

They wouldn't need to move to there because Earth Realm and Edenia are merged. It was implied in MK4 that the marriage would somehow prevent Kang from being protector... I would imagine because he wouldn't be there since he would be in Edenia??

I forgot about that. Fail.

I don't think things are going to change much. Making Liu Kang not be the champion and... survive would be an iconic butchery. If NRS is working to make characters more interesting, this would definitely be a step in the right direction instead of handing this off to, per say, Kung Lao...

That could be interesting. He might slay Goro for killing his kin and possibly goes on a rampage against Shang, to make sure his ancestor's soul will be set free, thus becoming the new earth champion.
I don't mind seeing Kung Lao getting the spotlights.

Now what would be better is if Liu Kang and Kitana get married, but Liu Kang finds out that she got it on with Johnny Cage the night before the wedding, and files a divorce- while going on a Scorpion-like manhunt for revenge against Cage.

Now what would be better is if Liu Kang and Kitana get married, but Liu Kang finds out that she got it on with Johnny Cage the night before the wedding, and files a divorce- while going on a Scorpion-like manhunt for revenge against Cage.
Yea and Sonya, unable to bear JC's fidelity can team up with Liu Kang to form the new deadly alliance. Epic story!!!!!!