The death of Reptile and Kitana?

Nooooo Kitana must live, you fool! Jk, but i hope not! :eek: ... i mean, about Kitana, i dont really care for Reptile LOL but after all, there will be twists in this storyline and originally Kitana kills Mileena so now that may be reversed! hmm.. i hope not!

Dude imagine how piss Liu would be...... I kinda hope it happens just to see liu go all out on who killed her.if she died of course

They both are important characters, but i see Reptile dieing first. Somehow defending Kahn and he is killed during the fight. Or he fails Kahn, so Kahn takes the hammer to him. But Reptile is my fav, so he better live!

No one cares for Kitana?? Fine, then i hope Reptile dies! Humph!! ... jk :b i hope no one dies... then what will happen in the next MK if they do>??

I'll be pissed if they kill off Kitana. Reptile is... eh... I can deal with it. But Kitana?

I'm sure they'd bring them back anyway, but still. I'm not a huge fan of "you're dead! .... No you're not! BUT YES YOU ARE!"

No one cares for Kitana?? Fine, then i hope Reptile dies! Humph!! ... jk :b i hope no one dies... then what will happen in the next MK if they do>??

Will be interesting in a way. But then NRS wants to keep the star characters, but some are pretty much immortal in a way. Scorpion and Raiden will stay around.

I'll be pissed if they kill off Kitana. Reptile is... eh... I can deal with it. But Kitana?

I'm sure they'd bring them back anyway, but still. I'm not a huge fan of "you're dead! .... No you're not! BUT YES YOU ARE!"

definitely agree. I dont enjoy being toyed with in terms of storyline cannon and so forth

I pretty sure those parts of the vignettes are just to show off their fatalities. I mean who better to show off their fatalities than on their rivals.

Plus I'd be really be upset to see Kitana die.

Last edited:
I'd be majorly bummed if they killed Kitana off (again). A bit less bummed for Reptile.

It'll be interesting to see what curveballs they throw us in the story, though.

Anythings possible but i think its doubtful. They are too iconic of characters to just kill off. Now if this MK is a way to rewrite everything we kno than maybe. But its been mentioned that a few event would change, i dont think thst means a while story will.

I wonder why people would doubt characters getting killed off in a brutal tournament such as Mortal Kombat? Are you kidding?! Reptile could just as easily be killed off during the tournament process.

I could image though the death of Kitana being a reason to create a rivalry between Liu Kang and Mileena and also a way to retcon Sindel becoming "good".

Reptile getting killed would also completely alter the storyline of Deadly Alliance and up (if a future game depicts changes to the rest of the series). It's entirely possible that Raiden kills Reptile knowing that at least they won't have to worry about Onaga (unless he doesn't need a reptilian host).

The way it's depicted in Sub-Zero's vignette makes it look like a casual casualty of a deadly tournament. I don't think Raiden would receive an elaborate warning that would hint him into considering a new threat of Onaga. I really hope at least SOME people are killed in the process of these two tournaments... Otherwise the dark and brutal nature of these tournaments is lost! (And I hope people actually do die IN the tournaments some some random fights.)

As for Reptile's death being a way to retcon out Onaga, I agree that it's possible... I've thought of this as well, but I'm not sure if it's needed for a host to be similar to Reptile or not.

The way it's depicted in Sub-Zero's vignette makes it look like a casual casualty of a deadly tournament. I don't think Raiden would receive an elaborate warning that would hint him into considering a new threat of Onaga. I really hope at least SOME people are killed in the process of these two tournaments... Otherwise the dark and brutal nature of these tournaments is lost! (And I hope people actually do die IN the tournaments some some random fights.)

As for Reptile's death being a way to retcon out Onaga, I agree that it's possible... I've thought of this as well, but I'm not sure if it's needed for a host to be similar to Reptile or not.

Yeah, but some of these are huge fan favorites. For a game that's meant to be a reboot or sorts, you don't want to kill off characters like Kitana and Reptile so early on.

For someone like me, that hasn't given a shit about MK since part four, it would be very sad to see someone like Kitana die off in one game.

...oh well first it was Liu Kang...now its Reptile and Kitana...i see where it is coming...people if you want completely new fighting game just f*king say so for a God's sake! :|, but stop teasing developers balls...