Games you expected them then when they came out they were shit

wtf18

I began to really develop expectations since I saw the game first time at E3,
Since I'm sitting hours at the computer trying to find new things about the game.
Can no longer count the times I was sitting at the computer at night waiting for mortal monday or
Fatality Friday just to see something new about the game.

Such a thing happened to me a few times with some games, so ... here's my list:

1)crysis-the game was good but I'm actually excited his mission editor and finally when the game came out the editor was quite complicated (for me anyway)
2)operation flashpoint dragon rising-How many hours I wasted on this game ... it was worth every minute
But OFPDR ... the best thing the game was uninstall it from my computer
3)moral kombat armageddon-60 characters in what could be wrong?
- Everything!
4)metal gear solid 4-Many would disagree with me But I did not expect to see a movie that half of it not particularly interesting
Oh yes ... There are times you can play as Solid Snake, but a very short moments.
There are more games like this but I do not remember them from that they were bad ....
I hope that the new MK truly exalted all my expectations (and yours)
What I saw until now it really looks promising Although the look is quite similar Fatalitys and I'm pretty afraid of that

So tell us on the games you were waiting for them when they came out they were bad

*And sorry for my bad english...

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness [ i liked it but it was a dissapointment]

MK Armageddon [KAK was a Let Down so was Kreation of Fatality]

AVP 3 - again a letdown

god of war 3 - dissapointing ending, and less epic than expected

Ninja Blade for 360 and Darksiders

Darksiders? You didn't like that? That game was beast...

Anyways, AVP for 360 kinda blew... There was also Advent Rising. That game had so much potential, it was even supposed to be a trilogy.. However, Mass Effect did bare a lot of resemblense to it, so I'm not that mad that it sucked...

I don't think I've played anything that was completely off, but disappointing? Lots. The standouts:

- Tekken 4. I'm not alone there, and it basically extended TTT's lifepan until 2005. Everything from movement to the wall system was off, and the just frames were a pain in the ass to do.
- Resident Evil 5. Forced co-op, enemy and scenario chronology not different from RE4 but with less interesting locales and the villains... oh the horror (no pun intended).
- All 3D MK's. Don't need to elaborate on that.
- Resident Evil 4. A superb trendsetting game, but one that completely abandoned everything that made the series what it was. The slow, methodical gameplay and puzzles were replaced by shooter action.
- Ninja Gaiden II. A heart breaker. Instead of genuine challenge and great design choices of the original alongside great AI, you got broken, cheap enemy and boss AI served with a buggy, slowdown ridden adventure. NG1/NGB/NGS enemies dodged, parried, and never let you be defensive for one second, while NGII's just rushed you down almost mindlessly and then cheaply with projectiles. Let's not even get into the bosses with their instant recoveries...

Fable. Molyneux made it out to be this awesome, free-roaming RPG with unlimited possibilities but it's just obtuse and boring. Then there's the fact that it didn't have an honest ending. So lame.

Final Fantasy VII. I loved IV and VI, but VII was so far removed from the feel of those games that I couldn't get into it. (Unlike most, I didn't care when Aeris died.) The sloppy polygonal characters against the pre-rendered backgrounds sucked, too. Then there's the droves of people who think that's the best game in the series.

WH40K:Dawn of War 2: After the first, this turned out to be a large disappointment.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Although not my sort of game, this one looked awesome. But a series of bad game design decisions killed it for me.

Resident Evil 5: After 4 it's a shame this one felt so mediocre and broken.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon, I was pumped to see that every character was in it and you could make your own character. Then I found out the characters were just copied and pasted from the last games (which made me reluctant to test everyone out) with no noticeable improvement and they lacked personality. Then I found that you could only make copies of already existing characters or be forced to make an abomination with the unimaginative selection of items they gave you. This quickly became my least favorite fighting MK game.

-Twilight Princess. Every Zelda game that I've played... I loved. And then I finished playing this little bastard of a game. It was the first time a Zelda make made me go "What? That's it?"

I felt so cheated. The hand-held games that followed weren't any good as well. And because of this, the level of excitement I'm at for Skyward Sword is like... 2 out of 10. And it doesn't help that the game's visuals are garbage.

-God of War series. My ex boyfriend convinced me that the series was amazing and that I'd love it.

I didn't. At all. I was angry at both him and the game. Especially since I stood in line with him for GoW3... Endured the bullshit GoW fans who were dressed like Kratos... Spent money on the damn game for him AND wasn't allowed to play any of my games for a week (cause little princess had to beat GoW3 first).

god of war 3 - dissapointing ending, and less epic than expected

I liked the ending, I felt it had some meaning, something more that the rest of the story didn't have. But I understand why many people didn't like it.
But yes, I thought the in-game story would be a little more developed, besides only Kratos killing every god.

I was disappointed with Transformers: War for Cybertron. Apparently it was gonna be a good game, with no relationship with the movies, and when I got to play it, it was not that good, it's boring.

Darksiders? You didn't like that? That game was beast...

Dont get me wrong, the game deff had its moments but I didnt like the graphics style they used. I was expecting it to be a little more realistic. Also what I felt slowed the pace of the game were the long puzzles sometimes, which took away from the combat. It was a decent game overall with a really good ending, but just not quite what it could have been, however I wouldnt say the game was s***. Overall pretty good game.

Dont get me wrong, the game deff had its moments but I didnt like the graphics style they used. I was expecting it to be a little more realistic. Also what I felt slowed the pace of the game were the long puzzles sometimes, which took away from the combat. It was a decent game overall with a really good ending, but just not quite what it could have been, however I wouldnt say the game was s***. Overall pretty good game.

I respect that answer. A quality reasoning, well said.