More guest characters?

ruben-fcu

Goro and Jade Come To Mortal Kombat
Written Monday, January 10, 2011 by Richard Walker

Another two characters have been confirmed for Mortal Kombat, joining Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Reptile et al for another bout of bone-crunchingly brutal violence. Game Informer have the scoop once again in their February issue, revealing Goro and Jade as the next two spine-crackers to make their way into the growing MK roster.

Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon says that Goro will adhere to his traditional appearance, with four arms and a big ponytail as usual. He'll also be able to throw projectiles - ie. fireballs - and will reside in his dank and inhospitable lair, decorated with corpses dangling from the ceiling. Nice interior design there.

Jade was originally a non-playable hidden green-attired version of Mileena and Kitana in Mortal Kombat II, and apparently her look will be a blend of her Ultimate Mortal Kombat (in which she became playable) and her get-up in Mortal Kombat: Deception, and she'll utilise her trademark boomerang weapon.

There's also talk of post-launch DLC, which Mortal Kombat Online speculates could mean more guest pugilists in a similar vein to Kratos, coming to the roster as downloads. That remains to be seen of course, but it sounds like a great idea.

Mortal Kombat is out in April 2011.

source: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-2609-Goro-and-Jade-Come-To-Mortal-Kombat.html

This better be some bullshit :(

Can we wait until the games out before we start discussing post-launch DLC? Jeez, talk about milking the money.

As much as I dont really want any non-MK characters the good news is they will not take away from the main roster.

Seeing as it would be DLC (assuming it's true), what's the problem, exactly? You don't have to download these guest characters, so how does it bother you? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather them not be adding characters from other franchises either, but when reading about the possibilities, it doesn't ruin my day or make me less excited for the game.

As much as I dont really want any non-MK characters the good news is they will not take away from the main roster.

Well, neither did Kratos. They even said a MK character was not cut to make room for Kratos.

It doesn't really bother me. Actually, I might kind of like it depending on who it is.

Last edited:
Well, neither did Kratos. They even said a MK character was not cut to make room from Kratos.

It doesn't really bother me. Actually, I might kind of like it depending on who it is.

Exactly! All it is, is more options! Don't like the character, don't download them, it's as simple as that! :)

i guess i understand OP's logic and his frustration...the general complaints about this idea is that developers could concentrate on releasing MK related characters ( which is more important yet) instead of killing time on selling guest random characters as DLC...by those time they could have released Sareena or any other post UMK3 character, but instead they will release some another KRATOS like character...now if they'd say that their goal to release GUEST characters as DLC is their lowest priority and in return releasing post UMK3 characters being their highest priority, than it would be fair and nobody would complain...

I dont want guest characters as much as the next Hardcore fan, but if they are DLC, simply dont download them. Another thing they should do is ban guest characters from Ranked online matches. Friend and Fun matches fine.

I dont want guest characters as much as the next Hardcore fan, but if they are DLC, simply dont download them. Another thing they should do is ban guest characters from online.

They wont. Otherwise the guest characters have very little purpose. This is one of the reasons why I wont be playing online that much. I'll tweak out every time Kratos or some other outsider steps into the arena.

They wont. Otherwise the guest characters have very little purpose. This is one of the reasons why I wont be playing online that much. I'll tweak out every time Kratos or some other outsider steps into the arena.

I edited my post, reread and then tell me you opinion lol.

i guess i understand OP's logic and his frustration...the general complaints about this idea is that developers could concentrate on releasing MK related characters ( which is more important yet) instead of killing time on selling guest random characters as DLC...by those time they could have released Sareena or any other post UMK3 character, but instead they will release some another KRATOS like character...now if they'd say that their goal to release GUEST characters as DLC is their lowest priority and in return releasing post UMK3 characters being their highest priority, than it would be fair and nobody would complain...
^^
This.
Exactly!!!