They need to change the "GET OVER HERE!!" sound bit....

They've been using it since MK4 for ****s sake. Its rather overused. Also...anyone ever wonder why the younger Sub-Zero was given the spine rip? It was the original who did it after all. So why all of a sudden is he doing it?

They've been using it since MK4 for ****s sake. Its rather overused. Also...anyone ever wonder why the younger Sub-Zero was given the spine rip? It was the original who did it after all. So why all of a sudden is he doing it?

Are you kidding?!? The get over here is a classic in Mortal Kombat and should not be removed, sorry.

I think the backlash would be devastating if they changed his voice, and I think they're giving young Sub-Zero the spine rip because this is a throwback game and they can't just leave it out.

Removing or changing this sound bite would be like removing the blood and fatalities. You just don't do it! lol

Yeah, while getting that move used on you is annoying in itself, the sound is classic and I don't think it should ever be taken away. And as said before, since this game revisits why shouldn't he have the spin rip. Plus Im sure even if it hadn't revisted, the new sub zero would be fine with the spine rip.

I'm fine with the way the "Get over here" phrase sounds.
Since the original MK 1 Sub Zero is Noob Saibot, it makes perfect sense for the younger brother to have picked up this finisher, in honor of his brother.

Overused my ass, it's a trademark and should be there forever. About the spine rip: I guess it's an assassination technique teached by the Lin Kuei so both know it...

You guys are really ignorant lol. He meant to say change the sound bit, not to change the whole phrase all together. When he says sound bit, he means voice, or the way he says it. Just like how the announcer voices change each game, scorpion's should change this game, because that same voice has been used since MK4.

Glad i have clarified things.

But in my opinion, i wouldnt risk changing the voice or "sound bit" as you call it, because the announcer voice is not up to par with the past games, i can deal with that, but if they ruin scorpion's voice, i would be devastated, so i hope they never change this one. He has only 3 different voices throughout the MK series, MK1, MK2-MKT and MK4-Present.

You guys are really ignorant lol. He meant to say change the sound bit, not to change the whole phrase all together. When he says sound bit, he means voice, or the way he says it. Just like how the announcer voices change each game, scorpion's should change this game, because that same voice has been used since MK4.

Glad i have clarified things.

But in my opinion, i wouldnt risk changing the voice or "sound bit" as you call it, because the announcer voice is not up to par with the past games, i can deal with that, but if they ruin scorpion's voice, i would be devastated, so i hope they never change this one. He has only 3 different voices throughout the MK series, MK1, MK2-MKT and MK4-Present.

Agreed. I don't want them ruining it, and the current one still works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would much rather them keep the voice for it, what if they decided to change it and it came out worse, then scorpion fans would be more pissed off than them not renewing his voice.

I would never change it ever! Way too klassic for me.

Dude, hes not talking about the actual quote, hes talking about the voice. And even then, if you are talking about the voice, the voice isnt entirely klassic because they have changed the voice 3 times in total. If you wanted Klassic, you would want the MK1 or MK2/UMK3 voice.

In my opinion, it would be too much of a change to re-record the voice.

It wouldve been okay if they decided to change the voice earlier. This voice has been used since MK4. If they changed it along the lines of Deadly Alliance or Deception, then I guarantee there wouldnt be fans arguing against changing the voice, we have just become to accustomed to this voice. This voice has been used for 14 years. The older voices were only used for 1-3 years. Obviously there is no intent on changing it if the most recent voice has been used for that long.

I think it is a little bit to late to be doing any kind of changes. They crew just needs to focus on balancing out the whole game because before you know it, it will be that time to get our hands on the game.

As for Sub-Zero, like most people said, he is doing it in honor of is brother.

Keep the phrase AND the voice... Don't mess with my Scorpion please.

Unless it's his other quotes: "Come here, b!tch" or "Get the F@@K over here"... then BY ALL MEANS!

Nooooo....you all misunderstood me. OF COURSE they shouldn't remove it. I meant RE-RECORD it so it has a fresh, new and mean sound to it. The voice changed from MK1 to 2...then it was used up until 4 was released and the recording they used in 4 has been the same up until this very moment. So all I mean is they should re-record it.