a krypt in mk9??

You're the one that called it pathetic for having a legitimate reason for why I want to play freely on at least the first day of release. Afterwards, yeah sure I'll unlock fairly and I will enjoy it.

In this case, lol.

Unlockables is a double-edged sword for me. While I do enjoy the achievement of finally unlocking a character, it really is annoying if you have friends coming over and they want to play as a character you haven't even unlocked yet. I hope, and assume, there will be an "unlock all characters" cheat/code.

I'd say I'd want around 5-6 unlockable characters. Any more then that and I'm a little iffy.

I never thought of it that way. I guess i dont care for that is because most of my friends dont play MK. And besides, when i get MK games, i always play alone first to get everything, master characters, etc. Then i play my friends.

You misunderstood me then. I want a cheat code/modifier so I can unlock everything without having to go through the effort of playing for ages. One of my friends wants to play as Shao Kahn from the get go, we have a party planned on the day the game releases. So are you just saying that he can't play as his favourite character because you must go through the arcade mode blah blah until you unlock him? It isn't like it is going to hurt anyone, programming in a little unlock code. A lot of games do that.

Sorry, but I disagree with this 110%.

If such a cheat was available then the majority of people would use it, and it'd kill the entire, fun process of unlocking the krypt bit by bit. You can say "Well, then don't use the cheat" but I'm willing to bet most people would give in to their impatience.

I think that the krypt will be unlocked with points won from the challenge tower, and if that's the case, that's an entire mode that partly goes to waste. Getting it all from the start would forgo all the efforts that were made to implement the game's secrets.

Sorry, but I disagree with this 110%.

If such a cheat was available then the majority of people would use it, and it'd kill the entire, fun process of unlocking the krypt bit by bit. You can say "Well, then don't use the cheat" but I'm willing to bet most people would give in to their impatience.

I think that the krypt will be unlocked with points won from the challenge tower, and if that's the case, that's an entire mode that partly goes to waste. Getting it all from the start would forgo all the efforts that were made to implement the game's secrets.

This is sort of a good reason not to have it, I agree, but you can't really blame people's impatience after they claim they "ruined" the game. It's like being one of those people eating McDonalds every day of your life and turning around one day and blaming McDonalds because you are overweight.

It just really annoyed me in games like Super Smash Bros. where it took FOREVER to unlock all the characters. If it's a reasonable time, then so be it we'll just have to wait a while before you can play as Shao Kahn/whatever.

It really isn't for my sake, but like Rock Band 2, I wanted all the songs unlocked when my friends came over to play so we could have some good times, you know?

I would enjoy it afterwards if it could be turned off, and of course it would disable all trophies while it was on.

I don't think what I'm asking for is totally crazy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I feel like since the dawn of the Krypt and the Kombat Kode, they started getting lazy with the secrets. IMO It was like they were saying " well instead of unlocking 'Cooking with Scorpion' by only using your sword in arcade, you can just buy it." I feel like the krypt should be reserved for alternate costumes, concept art, and some behind the scenes stuff, but the humorous and important unlocks should be gathered by other means.

I feel like since the dawn of the Krypt and the Kombat Kode, they started getting lazy with the secrets. IMO It was like they were saying " well instead of unlocking 'Cooking with Scorpion' by only using your sword in arcade, you can just buy it." I feel like the krypt should be reserved for alternate costumes, concept art, and some behind the scenes stuff, but the humorous and important unlocks should be gathered by other means.

I agree, I feel like the really crazy secret stuff should be gotten through "challenges" or something to that effect - they are putting in a sort of "tutorial mode", aren't they? Well they could have something like the old school endurance round where you have to beat 3 opponents on one life bar. If you beat it and got some reward, that would feel really accomplishing and cool.

Or alternatively, something as crazy as this, lol:

He had a HP code on.

Last edited: