a krypt in mk9??

In my opinion some characters should be unlockable in the krypt like in DA and Deception. Thats probably what i liked about the 3D games, it made us work for our content. But now we are in a world where online gaming is dominant and single player action is very low. People want everything at the beginning, which in my opinion is no fun. So i bet there wont be any unlockable characters. It wouldve been a nice feature though.

There should atleast be 12 unlockable characters!
But with this days fighting games... there will probably be none... or just Shao Kahn.

In my opinion some characters should be unlockable in the krypt like in DA and Deception. Thats probably what i liked about the 3D games, it made us work for our content. But now we are in a world where online gaming is dominant and single player action is very low. People want everything at the beginning, which in my opinion is no fun. So i bet there wont be any unlockable characters. It wouldve been a nice feature though.

I hope that at least 6 or 7 out of the 20-something characters are unlockable, through either "Story Mode" or the Krypt.

EDIT:
I'd also like to see about 50% of the Alternate costumes, some stages and some Fatalities in the Krypt.
Half (or more) of the unlockable content should be on the disc, that way the DLC isn't so expensive.

I hope that at least 6 or 7 out of the 20-something characters are unlockable, through either "Story Mode" or the Krypt.

EDIT:
I'd also like to see about 50% of the Alternate costumes, some stages and some Fatalities in the Krypt.
Half (or more) of the unlockable content should be on the disc, that way the DLC isn't so expensive.

Honestly, I'd be fine with 3-5 unlockable characters. As long as there's at least a few... That has always been one of my favorite things in Mortal Kombat.

I thought Ed(or another team member) mentioned unlockable bosses somewhere??

If its just bosses that are unlockable, ill be pissed because ive said time and time again that bosses are meant to be beaten, and not playable. If there is indeed 26, according to the select screen, then i hope 10 are unlockable, the unlockables being a mix of important and non important characters, so that way we have something to work for in the game. But yeah, it seems that other people are noticing as well that fighters these days are all about the multiplayer instead of the single player fighting, thus eliminating the achieving parts of the game, which is something i am still hooked on when it comes to fighting games. A good example of my frustration is Tekken 6. I own all the Tekken games, and I LOVED beating the game over and over again so i could unlock fighters, endings, etc. Tekken 6 RUINED that experience for me, there was barely any unlockables. I mean, if tekken, the king of unlockable characters can eliminate that in tekken 6, i can say that unlockables in MK are very unlikely.

And for the unlockable costumes: What I think they should do in this day and age where DLC is a hot commodity is have the initial NEW alternate costumes unlockable in the krypt. The Klassics and whatever new costumes they invent down the road should be DLC.

And oh yes, stages as well... Basically anything gameplay related features except for special moves should be unlockable.

Last edited:
Unlockables is a double-edged sword for me. While I do enjoy the achievement of finally unlocking a character, it really is annoying if you have friends coming over and they want to play as a character you haven't even unlocked yet. I hope, and assume, there will be an "unlock all characters" cheat/code.

I'd say I'd want around 5-6 unlockable characters. Any more then that and I'm a little iffy.

You're wasting your time trying to piss me off with a wink. I was just clarifying my orientation to those of you who don't know me as well (after all, I was gone from the site for 4 years). I'm not a homophobe.

In fact, back in the old days when there were no gays on this site, I would be the one to occasionally say gay things to the homophobes just to piss them off. I'll let you handle that these days, though.

You're wasting your time trying to piss me off with a wink. I was just clarifying my orientation to those of you who don't know me as well (after all, I was gone from the site for 4 years). I'm not a homophobe.

In fact, back in the old days when there were no gays on this site, I would be the one to occasionally say gay things to the homophobes just to piss them off. I'll let you handle that these days, though.

+1 Rep.

Anyway, about:
Unlockables is a double-edged sword for me. While I do enjoy the achievement of finally unlocking a character, it really is annoying if you have friends coming over and they want to play as a character you haven't even unlocked yet. I hope, and assume, there will be an "unlock all characters" cheat/code.
Oh man, this is pathetic. Really.

Lol ehy guy you know I can't speak english good :((

The correct form is... "This mean nothing". Ok now?

Lol ehy guy you know I can't speak english good :((

The correct form is... "This mean nothing". Ok now?

Then the question I have is, why are you so against people that just want to play the game casually with friends with all characters instead of having to go through the game on your own for however long it is to unlock characters (let's say 6-8 hours) just so we can have a good party session?

I don't understand.

Then the question I have is, why are you so against people that just want to play the game casually with friends with all characters instead of having to go through the game on your own for however long it is to unlock characters (let's say 6-8 hours) just so we can have a good party session?

I don't understand.

You totally misunderstood me. I mean, 12 characters unlockables is good; unlock them by krypt/konquest or whatever you want; I will play the game in single player AND multiplayer, but rarely online. What I mean is: do we really need a cheat code? Nope.

You totally misunderstood me. I mean, 12 characters unlockables is good; unlock them by krypt/konquest or whatever you want; I will play the game in single player AND multiplayer, but rarely online. What I mean is: do we really need a cheat code? Nope.

You misunderstood me then. I want a cheat code/modifier so I can unlock everything without having to go through the effort of playing for ages. One of my friends wants to play as Shao Kahn from the get go, we have a party planned on the day the game releases. So are you just saying that he can't play as his favourite character because you must go through the arcade mode blah blah until you unlock him? It isn't like it is going to hurt anyone, programming in a little unlock code. A lot of games do that.

So are you just saying that he can't play as his favourite character because you must go through the arcade mode blah blah until you unlock him?
Yes if he isn't unplayable.
I hope NRS will not release a stupid code/cheat. What about make the tournament some weeks after the release of the game? :j
You're getting angry for a bullsh*t.
Stop talking about this.

You're the one that called it pathetic for having a legitimate reason for why I want to play freely on at least the first day of release. Afterwards, yeah sure I'll unlock fairly and I will enjoy it.