Proper Animality Ideas that make sense

Tenkai Hayabusa

Hey everyone, I was always a big fan of the animalities and to be honest I understand that not many people enjoyed them as much since some of them made absolutely no sense. Now Im not sure if they will be a part of MK9 but I for one would deff like to see them in future games, only they are executed properly and that each animality "transformation" makes sense to each character. Belows a list of some of the characters and what animalities I think would be cool for each. Please feel free to express your own ideas :)

Liu Kang - Dragon (obviously:p)
Scorpion - Giant Scorpion (only makes sense)
Sub Zero - Elemental Ice Dragon
Nightwolf - Wolf (obviously again:p)
Kung Lao - Blue Phoenix
Reptile - Some sort of Reptilian creature (not a monkey like in MK3:p)
Shang Tsung - Giant Cobra (I actually had a cool fatality idea for this one...After he turns into a cobra, he wraps his tail around his opponent and squeezes him/her till the pressure causes so much blood to race to their brain that it comes running out of their eyes, ears and nose. After the opponent screams in pain, he or she is bittten once by the cobra, piercing its fangs through the opponent's shoulders and is then swallowed whole)
Only thing is that the ones I mentioned so far seem to make sense, whereas other characters wouldnt make much sense to have an animalty...thoughts?

I was never a fan of Animalities, but making them character specific (as you said) makes the most sence.

Cool thread! I had also some thoughts about possible Animalities. I always liked the idea but in MKT they are really ridiculous. I mean Reptile turns into a monkey? Or Smoke into an elephant??
Tenkai you have cool ideas but Sub-Zero shouldn't be dragon because of Liu Kang.
Reptile could turn into a big lizard like a leguan or something. For Shang I also see a Cobra...
Ricochetmatt, I agree. Sheeva would be nice with being a big spider. She reminds you because of her many arms=) Jax could really be something like a Rhino because of his big and powerfull appearance.
Sektor and Cyrax could turn into something similar to Transformers-transformation with animals. There used to be animated series with Transformers being animals...I don't remember the name. But I think it would be cool.

EDIT: I am also not a big fan of Animalities and I highly doubt that they will appear in MK9. But it is funny to think about specific possibilities for MK characters.

Cool thread! I had also some thoughts about possible Animalities. I always liked the idea but in MKT they are really ridiculous. I mean Reptile turns into a monkey? Or Smoke into an elephant??
Tenkai you have cool ideas but Sub-Zero shouldn't be dragon because of Liu Kang.
Reptile could turn into a big lizard like a leguan or something. For Shang I also see a Cobra...
Ricochetmatt, I agree. Sheeva would be nice with being a big spider. She reminds you because of her many arms=) Jax could really be something like a Rhino because of his big and powerfull appearance.
Sektor and Cyrax could turn into something similar to Transformers-transformation with animals. There used to be animated series with Transformers being animals...I don't remember the name. But I think it would be cool.

aha!! I understand that Liu Kang is the almighty dragon, but he's specifically a chinese dragon with arms and legs...For Sub-Zero, I meant like a more serpent like dragon that kind had this ice like elemental look to it...like this one from bleach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfegouszLs). And yeah, the show with Transformers and beasts was called beast wars...I literally grew up on that show when i was a kid ^^

The most difficult thing is to find Animalities for characters like Johnny Cage, Stryker, Jax, Sonya etc. There is not a lot of magic in them. Stryker turning into T-rex was crap in MK3 followed by even more crappy things in MKT I already mentioned:p

The most difficult thing is to find Animalities for characters like Johnny Cage, Stryker, Jax, Sonya etc. There is not a lot of magic in them. Stryker turning into T-rex was crap in MK3 followed by even more crappy things in MKT I already mentioned:p

Agreed. If you ask me, Stryker shouldve been the monkey:p

I think Nightwolf WITHOUT a wolf fatality, or animality would just a be poor decision on Netherstudio's part

I think Nightwolf WITHOUT a wolf fatality, or animality would just a be poor decision on Netherstudio's part

Well same thing with Scorpion turning into a Scorpion. If I remember correctly, didn't Sheeva have the Scorpion Animality originally? What was that about...

I always thought about this. Firstly, Scorpion and Nightwolf are kind of obvious. But I'm more interested in what would've been the after MK3 games fighters animalities. So here's what I think below:

Ashrah: A polar bear, because of her costume.
Baraka: A praying mantis, because of his arm blades.
Bo Rai Cho: A bumble bee, because they can get drunk. Seriously, look it up.
Dairou: An assasian beetle, because he's an assassin for hire.
Darrius: A dog, because my dog retaliates like crazy.
Ermac: Nothing. Can you name an animal that can move things with its mind? Didn't think so.
Havik: A snake, because it's one of his fightig styles and they're flexible.
Hotaru: A dragonfly, because his costume is based on an insect theme, specifically dragonflies.
Jade: A frog, because they tend to be green in the media.
Kabal: A cheetah, because he has his mad dash attack.
Kenshi: A bat, because the phrase "As blind as a bat", even though that's not true. They use echolocation.
Kira: A komodo dragon, because of her dragons teeth blades.
Kobra: A cobra, because... uh... DUUHHHHH
Li Mei: An octopus, because I don't know. Not many things are purple.
Liu Kang: A Kangaroo, not only because of his last name, but that guy likes to jump. Have you seen his Jun Fan stance? Bouncy bouncy bouncy!
Mileena: A tazmanian devil, because she always looks pissssssed.
Nightwolf: A wolf. Again, duh.
Noob: A black widow, because he's completely black.
Smoke: A chameleon, because how easy is it to locate objects in smoke? Think like a fireman and it'll make sense.
Raiden: An electric eel. Once again, it's obvious.
Scorpion: A cat. Now I know what you're thinking. Why not a scorpion? Well, have you ever seen how angry your housecat it when it's angry? Exactly. RAGE!!!!
Shujinko: A pacific salmon, because it spends a big chunk of its life travelling.
Sindel: An eagle, because it sounds important.
Sub-Zero: A lot of things. A penguin, a narwhal, a seal. Take your pick. Anything related to cold.
Tanya: A taipan, because the name sounds cool and it's usually yellow.

There. If you haven't noticed, these are all from MKD. I played only that and MKA, but do you think I'd have enough room to compare the cast of MKA? Didn't think so.

Scorpion turning into a scorpion? How does that make more sense than turning into a Penguin that lays exploding eggs? :D
Got to love MKT and it's blatant stupidity. Still one of my favorite MK's.