Motaro, Chameleon, Khameleon, Rain

Grafx

These 4 are pretty untalked about. Do you think they'll see the light of day as intial roster or just DLC? I would hope Khameleon makes it just for the fact some more females would be good to the roster.

These 4 are pretty untalked about. Do you think they'll see the light of day as intial roster or just DLC? I would hope Khameleon makes it just for the fact some more females would be good to the roster.

My thoughts are Motaro and Rain will make it however the K/Chameleon characters will not make the final cut.

Motaro and Rain are very possible! Chameleon could be a secret character but nothing else. Khameleon was only a female version for Chameleon on Nintendo(MKT on n64 and MKA on Wii). MK9 is going to be released on Xbox360 and PS3. There will be no Khameleon in MK9!
What do you think about Sub-bosses? Goro will be in, but I can't imagine 3 Sub-bosses in one game. I would love to see Kintaro and Motaro as well...
A few days ago one user said something about three different ways to beat the arcade mode.
MK1: Endurance match, Goro, Shang Tsung
MK2: Shang Tsung, Kintaro, Shao Kahn
MK3/UMK3: Endurance match, Motaro, Shao Kahn
This would be nice!

i dont get why the majority of guys here have this hard on for chameleon or rain. Pointless fillers and they just take up memory and space. Just my 0.02 cents

Last edited:
@finestwopchop
I doubt that Chameleon and Rain have fans in this forum. I don't want Chameleon to be in MK9 either. It's a crappy character which was more like a gag in 2d games.
I don't even see him as a true character. He is something like Meat.
If we talk about real ninjas I think Rain is the lamest one. I wouldn't be pissed if they leave him out because of Quan Chi in the main roster. If he is in I am ok because of his appearance in UMK3 on Sega...

i dont get why the majority of guys here have this hard on for chameleon or rain. Pointless fillers and they just take up memory and space. Just my 0.02 cents

Because they have the potential to be so much more.

When MK1 came out, I highly doubt everyone was all about the story behind the characters.

They just gotta give Rain and Ch/Khameleon a proper story and flesh them out nicely.
As of right now, it shouldn't be a surprise that they have fans. People like their concept... It's not that shocking. I love Rain. I think he's interesting enough and can be made into something worthwhile.

I love Rain. I think he's interesting enough and can be made into something worthwhile.

This! Yeah Rain's awesome. I for one will be VERY disappointed if he doesn't make it into the roster one way or another. The guy was in MK Trilogy and that's good enough for me. Admittedly his story wasn't much in that game but I think it's become a lot more interesting since then (descendant of Argus blah blah). He's like the only cool male Edenian so... Get. Him. In. There.

Because they have the potential to be so much more.

When MK1 came out, I highly doubt everyone was all about the story behind the characters.

They just gotta give Rain and Ch/Khameleon a proper story and flesh them out nicely.

The same could be said of Stryker and Sheeva.

This! Yeah Rain's awesome. I for one will be VERY disappointed if he doesn't make it into the roster one way or another. The guy was in MK Trilogy and that's good enough for me. Admittedly his story wasn't much in that game but I think it's become a lot more interesting since then (descendant of Argus blah blah). He's like the only cool male Edenian so... Get. Him. In. There.

Exactly.

The same could be said of Stryker and Sheeva.

Absolutely. Especially Sheeva. She has such a fantastic design and I'd hate to see it go to waste just because the MK team can't conjure up a proper story for her.

I'm sure Motaro and Rain will be in.

I hope Chameleon/Khameleon will make it, since they are two of my favorite ninjas.

Chameleon and Khameleon will not be in. It's official.

About Motaro: oh yes, I want it. Four legs, obv.
About Rain: he must be in.

I'm sure Motaro and Rain will be in.

I hope Chameleon/Khameleon will make it, since they are two of my favorite ninjas.

So let me get this straight.....your favorite characters are Daryui,Chameleon,and Khameleon??? you know there are alot of cooler characters in Mortal Kombat!!

So let me get this straight.....your favorite characters are Daryui,Chameleon,and Khameleon??? you know there are alot of cooler characters in Mortal Kombat!!

They are 2 of my favorite ninjas, not favorite characters. My favorite characters are in my siggy. (Fave ninjas:Chameleon, Rain, Khameleon, Tanya, Cyborg Smoke)

In your opinion, there are better characters than them. I think they are among the most interesting.

Chameleon and Khameleon will not be in. It's official.

About Motaro: oh yes, I want it. Four legs, obv.
About Rain: he must be in.

How is it official? Because Ed Boon said so?

Well, sorry... But Ed Boon says A LOT of things. lol
I'm willing to bet that one of them will return as a secret character in the future.

How is it official? Because Ed Boon said so?

Well, sorry... But Ed Boon says A LOT of things. lol
I'm willing to bet that one of them will return as a secret character in the future.

I'm pretty sure Khameleon will be playable in the future because only Chameleon has been taken out for good. :( and Khameleon didn't come out in the other MKA versions because it was rushed as said here, just skip to :37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdCLOBPhqM

Ed said in his Twitter that Chameleon (male) will not make it. He never said anything about Khameleon (female). Therefore, the female saurian does have a chance to be a playable character. (Which I hope is possible.)

Last edited:
Ed said in his Twitter that Chameleon (female) will not make it. He never said anything about Khameleon (female). Therefore, the female saurian does have a chance to be a playable character. (Which I hope is possible.)

Something tells me the male Chameleon will return in the future, though. I think Ed is either A. Speaking too soon... or B. Trying to throw us off for a grand comeback for Chameleon.

Something tells me that if Ed Boon really did read these threads, that he would be totally incredulous at this thread. As am I.

Chameleon: A totally pointless character that didn't appear in any of the main series games except MKA, who Ed Boon himself says won't be back...

And you guys refuse to believe it. Get a clue, people.