The Truth

Aldo Moreno

So I am seeing all these threads about how should fatailties be, how the storyline should go, how this character should look and how the gameplay should go and all that other stuff. Then start making Mugens out of Mk9, designs(saying they should look like this), and videos(people always say you should work for NRS). Yo, not to rain on yall's parade but what makes you guys think NRS are going to look at it and say, "Oh yeah we should do that?". They don't give a shit! I hate it when people espically when people say someone should get hired. They won't hire you if you dont have a degree!

Don't want to sound like a ass but, THEY DONT GIVE A FUDGE!
Its The Truth.

They give a fudge as much as we give a fudge what you think of our opinion tbh.
This is a forum, we have to wait 4 more months, people are bored and just feel like talking non sense and anything and everything. it's something to do.

The only thing I think needs to be done is Character COLORS need to be more vibrant. SubZ, Reptile etc are known for Blue and green, and it's very hard to see the green in reptile. but its just aesthetic, and i dont care.

They give a fudge as much as we give a fudge what you think of our opinion tbh.
This is a forum, we have to wait 4 more months, people are bored and just feel like talking non sense and anything and everything. it's something to do.

The only thing I think needs to be done is Character COLORS need to be more vibrant. SubZ, Reptile etc are known for Blue and green, and it's very hard to see the green in reptile. but its just aesthetic, and i dont care.
You dont understand what I am saying. People make a design, mugens, or fake fatailties and some other person comes out with a, "Oh they should totally work for NRS". They dont give a shit! They wont get hired nor take their ideas.

It's true that NRS is not going to listen to or please everybody, and some fans are unreasonable in their demands. BUT, it doesn't mean NRS is immune to criticism. There is always room for improvement; this is especially true with fighting games, since developers aim to balance the roster while keeping them diverse. The series will not grow into a consistent tourney-worthy game (which is what they are currently aiming for), if they choose to ignore suggestions.

As for working for the video game industry, education requirements depend on the position. Business-related positions like marketing demand a degree in most instances. Formal education is not as clear-cut with art-related positions. Demonstration of your technical skills (such as a portfolio) are far more important. Those who that have what it takes to make a positive difference, I'd say go for it. That being said, most people here are simply expressing their views of an ideal MK.

Last edited:
@FlawlessVictor Good post, I agree. In response to the thread, I'm not sure if Aldo is arguing that fans being hired is unrealistic, or implying he has a problem with the idea of it. Anyway, I believe that fan 'development' commonly receives much praise, because of what it is - non-profit, community work that exists only out of genuine passion for the product. Made by one of us, for the sake of it. Speaking for myself, I respect fans for putting in the effort, but I do try to judge the work simply on quality. And sometimes I do see a fan project that is of higher quality (not just aesthetically either) than its official counterpart. Sometimes those people do deserve a job; Sega, for instance, would benefit greatly from hiring their fans, haha...
Anyway, I still hold the MK Team in high regard and don't see the need to hire any eager fans. If anything, just listen more, which I'm sure they are; MK9, at its core, is the (great) result of paying attention to us.

Yes, there's nothing wrong about discussing ideas for new MK's here in the forum. Otherwise, without a new MK actually out right now, what would we talk about? On the other hand, when posters actually address their posts to NRS and say things like "if someone from NRS is reading this, (fill in the blank) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!11!!1!!11!!1!!1one", that's simply pathetic.

We all have the right to voice our opinion as fans but, we shouldn't take it to far and complain so much. Express yourself as you see fit but, but you have to keep in mind that originally MK was Boon and Tobias's creation and not ours. There was a time when MK was brand spanking new. We didn't create this game. Our feedback throughout the years I feel has shaped how the franchise has developed though.

What else other then ideas have we got to discuss since we're barely given anything official recently?

Actually Aldo, NRS might actually be looking at our thoughts and incorporate them into the game. A good example of this is that MK Community Manager favourited Pirahna Soldier's Ermac video on Youtube. With that said, they must be acknowledging and maybe using fan input. But anyways, there really is nothing to discuss right now thats actually related to the game besides mileenas new wallpaper and the klassic scorpion render.

I remember Ed boon said he does look at fans for ideas and opinions. What the fans demand they shall receive. This game would have been in 3D if fans didnt have there input

when posters actually address their posts to NRS and say things like "if someone from NRS is reading this, (fill in the blank) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!11!!1!!11!!1!!1one", that's simply pathetic.

I agree. I think NRS only ignores people who are just picky about what they want in the game, like "Oh, I want this arena or this move in the game or I'm not buying it"

I totally agree with you, Aldo.
I lol'd when i saw PiranhaSoldier's fake fatalities. People is really getting bored.

So I am seeing all these threads about how should fatailties be, how the storyline should go, how this character should look and how the gameplay should go and all that other stuff. Then start making Mugens out of Mk9, designs(saying they should look like this), and videos(people always say you should work for NRS). Yo, not to rain on yall's parade but what makes you guys think NRS are going to look at it and say, "Oh yeah we should do that?". They don't give a shit! I hate it when people espically when people say someone should get hired. They won't hire you if you dont have a degree!

Don't want to sound like a ass but, THEY DONT GIVE A FUDGE!
Its The Truth.

Whoa man!!! You really cut to the chase. Actually, you should write for NRS. I'm sure they would hire you!

Whoa man!!! You really cut to the chase. Actually, you should write for NRS. I'm sure they would hire you!

Oh haha very funny, but I see you are one of those people who make something up and say, "This is what Goro should look like!!". So of course you would be this way.

Oh haha very funny, but I see you are one of those people who make something up and say, "This is what Goro should look like!!". So of course you would be this way.

I don't know what your trying to say. Maybe you should stop complicating things. This is a MK forum, where people share their incites, ideas, points of view, and opinions. If someone takes the time to come up with a great idea, than they should be recognized. When somebody says "you should work with NRS. You have great ideas." That is just a compliment. If you ask me I think you don't have any good ideas! Maybe a little jealousy though........C'mon man. Just relax. God forbid a Mortal Kombat fan comes up with a cool fatality, or an idea for the new game. Instead of negative critisism,why don't you try posotive feedback??

Maybe a little jealousy though........C'mon man. Just relax. God forbid a Mortal Kombat fan comes up with a cool fatality, or an idea for the new game. Instead of negative critisism,why don't you try posotive feedback??

I actucally I am not hating! I love them! I just hate it when people say shit like that!

And yes I do have positive feedback!

I'm with Lex on this one. They should totally hire YOU, Aldo.

liek zOMG!!!! Ed Boon if you are reading this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give our buddy Aldo Moreno a job at NetherRealm Studios... he just luuuurrves MK and will make your games the best phr333king games evar!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!111!!11!1!1!!!!!!!11!!!111!!!12!3.141592