High-Definition Frustration

LOL, good post. What in this high technological age where rumors may be considered as fact, I understand the title of this thread and the frustrations that follow. My opinion about this is it's been discussed too much, and its better to ignore it or stay silent until more affirmative news is released. I know IGN has it on its fighting games list, but it just sais TBA 2011.

To be quite honest, I lost interest in MKHDAK.

we was hearing way more about this game back in sept and oct.... now nothing... i too have given up on this mkhd game... the way the nrs guys throw around elvis comments and conspiracy theory comments sounds like there tryin to tell us its not gona happen now... oh well STILL GOT DONKEY KONG!!

It's a good article.
Unfortunately, it's 5 months too late.
I have also gotten to the point where NOW I just don't give a shit if it ever comes out.
My main focus is MK 9.

I don't know what kind of people get their F*ckin jollies off hinting to their fans about a game (that all of us are dying for to come out) that is never coming out. You know, we all work our asses off to provide for ourselves and our families, but we take the time to come up with the money to buy your games. OK! if it wasn't for us, you guys (NR) would be nothing!! I've been a fan who has spent a ton of money on your franchise since 92' . I'm sure i speak for 98% of the people on this website when I say "Cut the bullsh*t" Would you fools just grow up and stop giggling around the f*ckin studio like a bunch of little girls, and tell us "Is the HD Kollection coming out OR NOT!!!"

We are well over due for some info on this, perhaps we will hear something this month. Patrick do some diggin for us. lol

@MK_MortalKombat via Twitter:
"How many of you guys are familiar with the concept of a timed exclusive?"

So this probably has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection, but if you remember, most people assumed it would be a PS3 "timed exclusive" (meaning it would be released for PS3 then several months later, be available on other platforms... most likely 360).

I'm going to assume, however, that they're talking about the retro costumes and Fatalities that are being offered when you preorder from Amazon (Reptile), Best Buy (Sub-Zero) and Gamestop (Scorpion). That costumes and Fatalities are "exclusive" to those retailers, but will most likely be available to everyone after a few months (a.k.a. "timed exclusive"). But.... with the MK Team.... who really knows anyway?

@MK_MortalKombat via Twitter:
"How many of you guys are familiar with the concept of a timed exclusive?"

So this probably has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection, but if you remember, most people assumed it would be a PS3 "timed exclusive" (meaning it would be released for PS3 then several months later, be available on other platforms... most likely 360).

I'm going to assume, however, that they're talking about the retro costumes and Fatalities that are being offered when you preorder from Amazon (Reptile), Best Buy (Sub-Zero) and Gamestop (Scorpion). That costumes and Fatalities are "exclusive" to those retailers, but will most likely be available to everyone after a few months (a.k.a. "timed exclusive"). But.... with the MK Team.... who really knows anyway?

Same here.
I was also assuming that they meant MK 9.
I've lost hope for the collection, at the moment :-(

@NinjaBoy66 (Rigo) via Twitter:
"Entering "Michael Bay" video editing mode..."

That's what he says whenever he's working on a new video (MKast, character or stage bio, etc). After MK_MortalKombat's comment about the "timed exclusive", my first thoughts (obviously) were that he was working on a video for the HD Kollection. Yeah, again, very unlikely, but my first thoughts are always on the HD Kollection (lol). After thinking that through, I figured it was probably just the promised Mileena video (since she won the Kombat Chat thing -and- they promised Mileena content in January). Well, apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that. @Casselman13 must have asked Rigo about that and here was his response:

"Not Mileena"

So it must be the MKast, right? Wrong.

"All I can say is that it is not the #MKast"

Note that he says "all I can say". Hhm... sounds like something he can't talk about. So what can it be? While I obviously want it to be, well... you know.... I'll believe it when I see it. Probably another Scorpion video or a stage bio. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
We are well over due for some info on this, perhaps we will hear something this month. Patrick do some diggin for us. lol

Do what now? I really doubt this game was cancelled but clearly it didn't make the leaked date that I never trusted as it seemed too optimistic. Time will tell.

To be pissed about this is beyond stupid, especially when he never knew of the story where I confirmed it was SIX MONTHS AGO! Games take time, and as I said in the news story we even questioned the date as it seemed too optimistic.

Last edited:
"Entering "Michael Bay" video editing mode..."

That's what he says whenever he's working on a new video (MKast, character or stage bio, etc). After MK_MortalKombat's comment about the "timed exclusive", my first thoughts (obviously) were that he was working on a video for the HD Kollection. Yeah, again, very unlikely, but my first thoughts are always on the HD Kollection (lol). After thinking that through, I figured it was probably just the promised Mileena video (since she won the Kombat Chat thing -and- they promised Mileena content in January). Well, apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that. @Cassleman must have asked Rigo about that and here was his response:

"Not Mileena"

So..... what does that mean? I doubt it's an MKast, as they usually announce when they're getting ready to film those. Could it be an environment bio? Perhaps. Or could it be.... naw..... couldn't be. ;-)

It's not the MKast for sure.
I asked him:

Araknyd03 @NinjaBoy66 NEW #MKast? :)
NinjaBoy66 @Araknyd03 All I can say is that it is not the #MKast

Then Cassleman replied with:

Casselman13 @Araknyd03 @NinjaBoy66 Im betting its a Mileena Video. They said new content for her throughout January.

Rigo then said:

NinjaBoy66 @Casselman13 Not Mileena

Do what now? I really doubt this game was cancelled but clearly it didn't make the leaked date that I never trusted as it seemed too optimistic. Time will tell.

Yeah, that November 16th date just didn't make much sense at all. I was actually watching some videos on YouTube yesterday that showed Ed and John doing some captures for the first Mortal Kombat (with Johnny Cage and Kano). Cool stuff. I've also seen some video of filming they did for MK3. If they truly were starting filming for the HD Kollection in August, well, it would have been amazing had the game been in stores by November. Even with newer technology, that would have been quite spectacular. I'm still positive the game will eventually see the day of light, but when that is, I have no clue.

It's not the MKast for sure.
I asked him:

Araknyd03 @NinjaBoy66 NEW #MKast? :)
NinjaBoy66 @Araknyd03 All I can say is that it is not the #MKast

Yeah, I just saw that a little bit ago and edited my original post.

To be pissed about this is beyond stupid, especially when he never knew of the story where I confirmed it was SIX MONTHS AGO! Games take time, and as I said in the news story we even questioned the date as it seemed too optimistic.

I never said I was pissed and I never said I wasn't pissed and clearly by some of the responses in this thread, many agree with what was actually said:
It's apparently been confirmed to be in development via TRMK, not that we are questioning their story or their facts, but a lot of fans are kinda pissed to be quite honest.
Saying that it's "beyond stupid" to be pissed is kind of insulting a lot of people... considering the article I wrote was a reflection of the fans (which was inspired by a lot of twitter questions and frustrated comments).

We all know if we hear it on TRMK, it's fact. The article was based out of frustrations from fans NOT getting any answers to any questions regarding the game - basically, the fans being ignored in a sense.

I never said I was pissed and I never said I wasn't pissed and clearly by some of the responses in this thread, many agree with what was actually said:

Saying that it's "beyond stupid" to be pissed is kind of insulting a lot of people... considering the article I wrote was a reflection of the fans (which was inspired by a lot of twitter questions and frustrated comments).

We all know if we hear it on TRMK, it's fact. The article was based out of frustrations from fans NOT getting any answers to any questions regarding the game - basically, the fans being ignored in a sense.

Fans are being ignored? You have to understand how PR works. They will not and can not comment on a game that is in development. Their jobs depend on it, I'm sure they want to tell you all about it I'm sure but only once they are ready to. They will tell everyone and talk about it once they are ready. You can't be "pissed" that they don't want to lose their jobs. As that is still "beyond stupid" as there are far more important things in the world to be upset about instead of a rumored game not being talked about.

Maybe instead of trying to rile up the fans by making your post where you are "speaking for them" you should instead try to educate the fans to make them understand why we haven't heard anything official yet.

I personally would wait two more years if it means we get a better game, and I'd never get "pissed" about it not coming once. But I don't think that'll happen, I still believe we'll see the game in 2011 and likely before April. But I have no direct knowledge of the situation beyond that the project did in fact have some actors re-filmed for the game as I stated in my story six months ago.

Fans are being ignored? You have to understand how PR works. They will not and can not comment on a game that is in development. Their jobs depend on it, I'm sure they want to tell you all about it I'm sure but only once they are ready to. They will tell everyone and talk about it once they are ready. You can't be "pissed" that they don't want to lose their jobs. As that is still "beyond stupid" as there are far more important things in the world to be upset about instead of a rumored game not being talked about.

Maybe instead of trying to rile up the fans by making your post where you are "speaking for them" you should instead try to educate the fans to make them understand why we haven't heard anything official yet.

I personally would wait two more years if it means we get a better game, and I'd never get "pissed" about it not coming once. But I don't think that'll happen, I still believe we'll see the game in 2011 and likely before April. But I have no direct knowledge of the situation beyond that the project did in fact have some actors re-filmed for the game as I stated in my story six months ago.

My intentions in that article were merely expressing the fans look at the situation, not to "rile" them up or cause any disturbance.

I totally agree with you otherwise.