Future of Netherrealm Studios

mithiama

I know its premature to say this but i was just wondering what direction do u think the studio will take. Like Rockstar only releases 1 game a yr but its always epic and besides most of the midway franchises aren't nearly as big as MK so i was just wondering do u think they r gonna focus entirely on MK related stuff and spin offs or will they be going in a completely different direction like free roam and all. The MK team was best with vs games but its obvious they can't concentrate solely on that but none of the other midway games were good besides maybe a few.

Hopefully there will be more MK games. Maybe they could make a Fire and Ice game or what it now was supposed to be called. A shaolin monks game with Sub-Zero and Scorpion that is.
I just hope that they'll never make a censored game ever again. (I'm looking at you MK vs DC! >:[ )

well there needs to be something new to keep the series going, i cant get enough of violent games. But they dont make another one well ill be ok with this

Hmm, if Netherrealm were given the opportunity to work on other ips, I would want to see them do some remakes of the classic ips that WB purchased from Midway like Smash TV or Gauntlet.

mortal kombat is their money maker so i'd imagine they will stick soley to that. I'm guessing if this game sells well they'll prob make another direct sequel after, which will most likely be another two years down the road and maybe some spinoffs after.

I agree with Hellrazerhd, if they decide to stray from MK for a while, I'd definitely like to see them work on a new Smash TV.

They could work on two games at once. MK10/MKDC2 or remake The Grid for this gen, so I could play it.

with the popularity of psn and xbla I think we will see a lot of smaller projects pop up after the initial release of MK. I'm sure that mk hd will make an appearance shortly after the release of MK. personally I would like to see another 2d side scroller. or do something like final fight. they really haven't done an mk beat'em up yet it would be interesting to see something like that. maybe they can do a remake of special forces and make it like cannon spike. there are a lot of possibilities.