Japan

meathook

Has any of you visited Japan before?
I'm going there next year and would like to hear your opinions/stories.

me so horny me love you long time!!

That's thailand ;}
Don't forget their capital. "Bangkok"

Japan is a nice country. Never been there but I should have gone there but it never happened.
The only thing you should watch out for is crazy people. But every country have those... Right? *insane laughter*

I went there before.........i got to be honest its kind of overwhelming. It was like a defective box of swiss miss.......i was the only marshmallow in a giant cup of cocoa!!!

I went there before.........i got to be honest its kind of overwhelming. It was like a defective box of swiss miss.......i was the only marshmallow in a giant cup of cocoa!!!

damn those japanese tan up really well huh?

seriously though you should probably visit shibuya or akihabara. shoot you should find an arcade I heard they still have them in japan.

too many japanease... :D
just kiddin'... i saw a documentrial (that's how you spell it?) film about japan and south korea and thailand and from what i saw they all very very becautiful countries with lots of eye melting views... and if you want night life there is much there.
so a lot of fun is expecting you :)

damn those japanese tan up really well huh?

He's exaggerating but tanning salons are popular. Depending on where he was, it's a far cry from your average western city population wise. Tokyo is overpopulated after all.

The arcade scene is still alive and well there. Not as big as it used to be in the 90's, but to put things into perspective, there are about as many arcades there now as there was in the US in 1995 (9500 I believe). The stats may be a bit off, but you get the picture.

VF is kept alive by the arcades there, and players from Asia in general are best at Tekken and SF for that reason. You can't be the best by just playing a handful of people repeatedly after all.

I had a few friends who lived there for some years, and currently one who's finishing his MBA there. If things go well, I'll be paying a visit sometime this year but I'd like to stay away from the cities as much as possible. Countryside is where it's at.

Bring lots of moneys, eat eat eat and eat some more (hope you like eggs! they put them on EVERYTHING over there!)

He's exaggerating but tanning salons are popular. Depending on where he was, it's a far cry from your average western city population wise. Tokyo is overpopulated after all.

The arcade scene is still alive and well there. Not as big as it used to be in the 90's, but to put things into perspective, there are about as many arcades there now as there was in the US in 1995 (9500 I believe). The stats may be a bit off, but you get the picture.

VF is kept alive by the arcades there, and players from Asia in general are best at Tekken and SF for that reason. You can't be the best by just playing a handful of people repeatedly after all.

I had a few friends who lived there for some years, and currently one who's finishing his MBA there. If things go well, I'll be paying a visit sometime this year but I'd like to stay away from the cities as much as possible. Countryside is where it's at.

kind of a dumb question but are you japanese ? I noticed your handle is in japanese. you seem to know a lot about the country have you been? I'd like to go someday it looks awesome.

kind of a dumb question but are you japanese ? I noticed your handle is in japanese. you seem to know a lot about the country have you been? I'd like to go someday it looks awesome.

Not dumb at all :) No, I'm not and my handle was picked at random from the early days of the net; just the pilot of my childhood cartoon/anime robot (UFO Robo Grendizer). Ironically, past age 12, I've never been a fan of anime at all.

I haven't been there strictly due to monetary reasons but I heavily imported games during the mid-late 90's and up to 2003. With that, among other factors, I learned enough about Japan as an outsider. I just loved and still love some Japanese game design, and still keep taps on the arcade scene there.

Keep an eye out here:

http://www.versuscity.net/