Price Levels for MK9 Kollector's and Tournament Editions (Official)

Yeah, no. I'm waiting for my local Best Buy to have stagnant supply before I pick it up.

That way I get it for $50 like I did for my Bioshock 2 collector's edition.

Jesus Christ, $100 for the KE? I expected maybe $20 more than the standard version at the most. I'm going to have to rethink this.

Jesus Christ, $100 for the KE? I expected maybe $20 more than the standard version at the most. I'm going to have to rethink this.

Yeah, I was really hoping (though not expecting) the Kollector's Edition to be $80 and the Tournament Edition to be $100. Sadly, I may be stuck simply purchasing the Standard Edition.

Keep in mind, that is American pricing too, us Canadians are gonna get smacked... its probably 110-120 bucks where we live... :(

WHAT!?!?!? I didnt even think about that!!!! Plus I dont even have Xbox Live and I was planning to get that as well when I buy this game! *sighs* If its a really solid artbook and the model is designed really well, then I might buy the Kollecters Edition after all..I dont buy games often and usually max number of games I buy per year is around 3...guess ill just have to get xbox live later...

p.s. how are exams goin?

got $60 down toward TE

Cmon guys its ****in MK! With an MK stick, 1st time ever! Hope itll wor for MK2 on PSN and hopefully MKHD remix

The only thing that I'm wondering is whether we can still get the Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile Classic Costumes and Classic Fatalities with the STANDARD version.

I'll probably end up spending the addional $40 on DLC, anyways. LOL

im not sure i can buy the kollector's edition now... only if i'll get some more money.. right now i have 200 shekels... witch is something like 75$.. im gonna have to get some more money... and that's if im buying it from the internet... in israel everything costs 30% more.

how many pages is the art book? :p 100$ seems like a bit much

From the pictures it looks exactly (in shape and size) like my bioshock artbook i got when I Pre-ordered from Webhallen here in Sweden.

I'm measuring it right now and it's 18.3 x 13.3 cm and has 32 pictured pages. and it's about 7 millimeters thick
not worth the extra money, if you're not into really small art-books that doesn't have all of the art you've hoped for.

hay guys can someone answer these questions.
i just pre ordered from amazon.com for the mk game, they obviously dont have tournament edition or kollectors edition on yet. so how is this working are we getting the reptile skin no matter what just pre ordering the normal game now too?

or do i have to wait until the site gets the tournament edition and change my order to that when they finally show it on there site?

how many pages is the art book? :p 100$ seems like a bit much

The book is 110+ pages. Here is what Gamestop says about them.

Kollector's Edition
Kollectible figurines of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double up as video game ‘bookends’ for your favorite Mortal Kombat games.
+ Hand sculpted with high level of detail+ Decorated using an artful combination of spray mask, tampo print, free spray and hand washes.
The Art of Mortal Kombat
+ A 110+ page book featuring original concept sketches and game art from the 2011 version of Mortal Kombat.
Retro-Ninja costume
+ Exclusive alternate in-game costume inspired by the original character designs.
Mortal Kombat inspired costumes to decorate your avatar on PSN.

Tournament Edition
Mortal Kombat Fight Stick
+ High quality, authentic Suzo Happ arcade parts for the ultimate in performance.
+ Designed exclusively by NetherRealm Studios
+ Inspired by the wooden arcade cabinets from the golden age of gaming
+ Features the classic Mortal Kombat ergonomic button layout to best optimize game play.
+ Memory foam underside for comfortable lap use
+ Flip open lid for easy arcade part customization access and storage
Retro-Ninja costume Exclusive alternate in-game costume inspired by the classic Mortal Kombat character designs.

hay guys can someone answer these questions.
i just pre ordered from amazon.com for the mk game, they obviously dont have tournament edition or kollectors edition on yet. so how is this working are we getting the reptile skin no matter what just pre ordering the normal game now too?

or do i have to wait until the site gets the tournament edition and change my order to that when they finally show it on there site?

The way it looks from Amazon and Gamestop is they are bonus and will come with all pre-orders no matter what edition you buy.

The book is 110+ pages. Here is what Gamestop says about them.

Tournament Edition
Mortal Kombat Fight Stick
+ High quality, authentic Suzo Happ arcade parts for the ultimate in performance.
+ Designed exclusively by NetherRealm Studios
+ Inspired by the wooden arcade cabinets from the golden age of gaming
+ Features the classic Mortal Kombat ergonomic button layout to best optimize game play.
+ Memory foam underside for comfortable lap use
+ Flip open lid for easy arcade part customization access and storage
Retro-Ninja costume Exclusive alternate in-game costume inspired by the classic Mortal Kombat character designs.

I dont know about the foam on the bottom since ill have it on the coffee table, just have to wait and see, going to switch my pre-order from the standard to the TE tonight once I get out of work.

The statue that is included in the KE looks to be very high quality, something you'd easily want to pay $40 for. Heard we will be getting better pictures soon.

As far as the stick prices, also if the quality is top notch you are getting the game AND a great stick for $140. That's a steal.

I went to GameStop last night to UPGRADE to the Kollector's Edition, and the clerck told me that they didn't have the Kollector and Tournament Editions in their system yet.

Does anyone know when the Kollector's Edition and Tournament Edition will be available for Pre-Order @ GameStop?

Pat?