sheeva, yes or no?

I never liked her, but a solid overhaul on her design would create a lot of potential. I mean, I never much liked Sonya either but now I can't wait to play her. I definitely prefer Sheeva to most post-UMK3 characters as well. She does deserve a spot, especially since Stryker got a spot...

I never liked her, but a solid overhaul on her design would create a lot of potential. I mean, I never much liked Sonya either but now I can't wait to play her. I definitely prefer Sheeva to most post-UMK3 characters as well. She does deserve a spot, especially since Stryker got a spot...

Oh man... If Sheeva, Rain, Baraka or Jade don't make the cut when Stryker has.... I'm gonna personally destroy Ed Boon.

Oh man... If Sheeva, Rain, Baraka or Jade don't make the cut when Stryker has.... I'm gonna personally destroy Ed Boon.

Don't worry they'll definitely be in it, except for Rain who seems to have been replaced with Quan Chi. Oh well. Hopefully DLC at a later date?

Baraka will absolutely be in the game. He is so scary and popular! There is no other character like him. I'm sure they will probably reproduce his impale and lift fatality to some degree. I hope this time they make him due it slower and creepier!

Also, Jade was a huge enigmatic entity in MK2. They wouldn't dare make this game without her.

I loved playing as Rain in MKT. Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3? I've heard there was a late revision where he made an appearance, but I'm referring to the version everybody actually played. I do know he was available in the SNES release of UMK3 If NRS is basing their idea of UMK3 on the arcade version, Rain's chances might be slim, since there are so many ninjas already. This isn't ninja kombat. If they bring him back, and I hope they do, he needs a model overhaul! They did a great job with Ermac, and I have faith they can do it for Rain.

Baraka will absolutely be in the game. He is so scary and popular! There is no other character like him. I'm sure they will probably reproduce his impale and lift fatality to some degree. I hope this time they make him due it slower and creepier!

Also, Jade was a huge enigmatic entity in MK2. They wouldn't dare make this game without her.

I loved playing as Rain in MKT. Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3? I've heard there was a late revision where he made an appearance, but I'm referring to the version everybody actually played. I do know he was available in the SNES release of UMK3 If NRS is basing their idea of UMK3 on the arcade version, Rain's chances might be slim, since there are so many ninjas already. This isn't ninja kombat. If they bring him back, and I hope they do, he needs a model overhaul! They did a great job with Ermac, and I have faith they can do it for Rain.

See, I'm against taking away the "ninja" from the ninjas. Part of my fascination with them as a kid was the fact that they were ninjas! I don't care for Ermac's makeover. Doesn't feel ninja-like to me.

Rain's design in Armageddon was great, I thought. It was a mix of his ninja-look and a hint of royalty.

Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3?

No, he was on the attract screen with the blue portal background, but neither were playable in the original arcade version of UMK3.

Oh hell yes Sheeva should be in! Just because she wasn't sexually attractive doesn't mean she should be disqualified from being in MK9. Who else is gonna skin Boob R-tard-bot alive? hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um i think id like to see her in the game maybe as a sub boss character but not as a ayable one. For some reason i dont think itll mesh well. And that goes for all the big bosses...Goro, Kintaro, Motaro n Sheeva. But im sure they will look fantastic lol!

Um i think id like to see her in the game maybe as a sub boss character but not as a ayable one. For some reason i dont think itll mesh well. And that goes for all the big bosses...Goro, Kintaro, Motaro n Sheeva. But im sure they will look fantastic lol!

Sheeva isn't really a big character. Or at least she wasn't back in the day.

Sheeva: YES!
Why? Classic character with great sound and best fatalities in MK3. I thik her skin-pull is one of the best fatalities ever. I don't like her in MKA but I pick her often when I play MK3.
In MK9 she should be fast and not that big like in MKA.
I believe that Kratos won't take a regular slot. So there are 4 slots left for MKT characters. Definitly Liu Kang, Kano (MK1), Jade and Sheeva. If Rain is out because of Quan Chi I wouldn't mind this fact that much. But if Quan Chi is DLC I will be glad to see Rain appearing once again.
In general I am content with the roster. There is no big surprise I mean all the characters were those who everybody expected to be in the game.
PS: Guys, don't worry about Liu Kang and Kano. NRS wants us to be still interested, so they create this suspence. Liu and Kano are original MK characters. There is no MK without them.

Sheeva: YES!
Why? Classic character with great sound and best fatalities in MK3. I thik her skin-pull is one of the best fatalities ever. I don't like her in MKA but I pick her often when I play MK3.
In MK9 she should be fast and not that big like in MKA.

Guys, don't worry about Liu Kang and Kano. NRS wants us to be still interested, so they create this suspence. Liu and Kano are original MK characters. There is no MK without them.

I agree! Kang & Kano will be included, they are in the top 10 MK characters as the MK team revealed to us in MK vs DC.

I dunno, I'm kind of open to the idea of an overhaul for sheeva, as long as she doesn't take the place of a character like Baraka, or Noob Saibot. It would be cool to make her voice attractive this time and not make it sound like an elephant having an orgasm.

I dunno, I'm kind of open to the idea of an overhaul for sheeva, as long as she doesn't take the place of a character like Baraka, or Noob Saibot. It would be cool to make her voice attractive this time and not make it sound like an elephant having an orgasm.

Why would she take Baraka or Noob's spot? There's enough room for all of them. Also I don't agree with the attractive voice, it really wouldn't suit her considering she's ugly as hell haha...

ROFL.....Elephant Orgasm......I loved her voice man it was very unique and suited her well.....

LOL. Elephant having an orgasm; thats funny as hell! On topic; I wouldn't mind Sheeva being a playable character, except the other Shokans should be boss characters(non playable) and they should work on her design and like you said, her audio. I would also be open to her being a sub boss character too since she was Sindel's bodyguard. But if she is a playable character then her background shoud be re-done.

That a character was great in mk3, doesnt mean, that gonna be great now, you know, kabal in mk3 has insane combos and tricks, but in mk deception kabal has crappy moveset.
I hope me wrong with this new game.

Her voice was one of the coolest sounds to come out of MK3.

Sheeva was a guilty pleasure for me. Goro is one of my favs, but Sheeva was fast. I'm gonna go with...yes.

I too hope Rain makes it. I'm ok with Stryker. It's not that he's a bad character, just very uninspiring.

I have to say... I never really chose Stryker back in the day. However, all the Stryker hating on this forum made me most curious; so, I turned on UMK3 on my 360 and chose him. And, damn! Those grenades are so cheap! Hahaha, I've never gotten to Shao Khan faster. I didn't even have to switch characters because of AI adjusting to my moveset.