Thread: sheeva, yes or no?

PSN
    sixfiftythree
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never liked her, but a solid overhaul on her design would create a lot of potential. I mean, I never much liked Sonya either but now I can't wait to play her. I definitely prefer Sheeva to most post-UMK3 characters as well. She does deserve a spot, especially since Stryker got a spot...

Special Forces Agent Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: sheeva, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis653 View Post
    I never liked her, but a solid overhaul on her design would create a lot of potential. I mean, I never much liked Sonya either but now I can't wait to play her. I definitely prefer Sheeva to most post-UMK3 characters as well. She does deserve a spot, especially since Stryker got a spot...
    Oh man... If Sheeva, Rain, Baraka or Jade don't make the cut when Stryker has.... I'm gonna personally destroy Ed Boon.

PSN
    sixfiftythree
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Oh man... If Sheeva, Rain, Baraka or Jade don't make the cut when Stryker has.... I'm gonna personally destroy Ed Boon.
    Don't worry they'll definitely be in it, except for Rain who seems to have been replaced with Quan Chi. Oh well. Hopefully DLC at a later date?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    Baraka will absolutely be in the game. He is so scary and popular! There is no other character like him. I'm sure they will probably reproduce his impale and lift fatality to some degree. I hope this time they make him due it slower and creepier!

Also, Jade was a huge enigmatic entity in MK2. They wouldn't dare make this game without her.

I loved playing as Rain in MKT. Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3? I've heard there was a late revision where he made an appearance, but I'm referring to the version everybody actually played. I do know he was available in the SNES release of UMK3 If NRS is basing their idea of UMK3 on the arcade version, Rain's chances might be slim, since there are so many ninjas already. This isn't ninja kombat. If they bring him back, and I hope they do, he needs a model overhaul! They did a great job with Ermac, and I have faith they can do it for Rain.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolarDor View Post
    Baraka will absolutely be in the game. He is so scary and popular! There is no other character like him. I'm sure they will probably reproduce his impale and lift fatality to some degree. I hope this time they make him due it slower and creepier!

Also, Jade was a huge enigmatic entity in MK2. They wouldn't dare make this game without her.

I loved playing as Rain in MKT. Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3? I've heard there was a late revision where he made an appearance, but I'm referring to the version everybody actually played. I do know he was available in the SNES release of UMK3 If NRS is basing their idea of UMK3 on the arcade version, Rain's chances might be slim, since there are so many ninjas already. This isn't ninja kombat. If they bring him back, and I hope they do, he needs a model overhaul! They did a great job with Ermac, and I have faith they can do it for Rain.
    See, I'm against taking away the "ninja" from the ninjas. Part of my fascination with them as a kid was the fact that they were ninjas! I don't care for Ermac's makeover. Doesn't feel ninja-like to me.

Rain's design in Armageddon was great, I thought. It was a mix of his ninja-look and a hint of royalty.

PSN
    Adjun
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolarDor View Post
    Was Rain playable in the wide arcade release of UMK3?
    No, he was on the attract screen with the blue portal background, but neither were playable in the original arcade version of UMK3.

Oh hell yes Sheeva should be in! Just because she wasn't sexually attractive doesn't mean she should be disqualified from being in MK9. Who else is gonna skin Boob R-tard-bot alive? hehe.
    Last edited by K1LLKANO; 12-10-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Double Post

PSN
    jdnice11
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um i think id like to see her in the game maybe as a sub boss character but not as a ayable one. For some reason i dont think itll mesh well. And that goes for all the big bosses...Goro, Kintaro, Motaro n Sheeva. But im sure they will look fantastic lol!
    The Black Dragon will Survive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdnice11 View Post
    Um i think id like to see her in the game maybe as a sub boss character but not as a ayable one. For some reason i dont think itll mesh well. And that goes for all the big bosses...Goro, Kintaro, Motaro n Sheeva. But im sure they will look fantastic lol!
    Sheeva isn't really a big character. Or at least she wasn't back in the day.

PSN
    DimaDD
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sheeva: YES!
    Why? Classic character with great sound and best fatalities in MK3. I thik her skin-pull is one of the best fatalities ever. I don't like her in MKA but I pick her often when I play MK3.
    In MK9 she should be fast and not that big like in MKA.
    I believe that Kratos won't take a regular slot. So there are 4 slots left for MKT characters. Definitly Liu Kang, Kano (MK1), Jade and Sheeva. If Rain is out because of Quan Chi I wouldn't mind this fact that much. But if Quan Chi is DLC I will be glad to see Rain appearing once again.
    In general I am content with the roster. There is no big surprise I mean all the characters were those who everybody expected to be in the game.
    PS: Guys, don't worry about Liu Kang and Kano. NRS wants us to be still interested, so they create this suspence. Liu and Kano are original MK characters. There is no MK without them.

Shaolin Monk
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by white_ninja View Post
    Sheeva: YES!
    Why? Classic character with great sound and best fatalities in MK3. I thik her skin-pull is one of the best fatalities ever. I don't like her in MKA but I pick her often when I play MK3.
    In MK9 she should be fast and not that big like in MKA.

Guys, don't worry about Liu Kang and Kano. NRS wants us to be still interested, so they create this suspence. Liu and Kano are original MK characters. There is no MK without them.
    I agree! Kang & Kano will be included, they are in the top 10 MK characters as the MK team revealed to us in MK vs DC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dunno, I'm kind of open to the idea of an overhaul for sheeva, as long as she doesn't take the place of a character like Baraka, or Noob Saibot. It would be cool to make her voice attractive this time and not make it sound like an elephant having an orgasm.
    MY TOP 10 MK CHARACTERS 10- Reptile 9- Sektor 8- Kano 7- Cyber Sub-Zero 6-Kung Lao 5-Johnny Cage 4- Quan Chi 3- Ermac 2- Sub-Zero 1- SCORPION GET OVER HERE!!!!

PSN
    sixfiftythree
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxxBIOHAZARDxxx View Post
    I dunno, I'm kind of open to the idea of an overhaul for sheeva, as long as she doesn't take the place of a character like Baraka, or Noob Saibot. It would be cool to make her voice attractive this time and not make it sound like an elephant having an orgasm.
    Why would she take Baraka or Noob's spot? There's enough room for all of them. Also I don't agree with the attractive voice, it really wouldn't suit her considering she's ugly as hell haha...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ROFL.....Elephant Orgasm......I loved her voice man it was very unique and suited her well.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL. Elephant having an orgasm; thats funny as hell! On topic; I wouldn't mind Sheeva being a playable character, except the other Shokans should be boss characters(non playable) and they should work on her design and like you said, her audio. I would also be open to her being a sub boss character too since she was Sindel's bodyguard. But if she is a playable character then her background shoud be re-done.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That a character was great in mk3, doesnt mean, that gonna be great now, you know, kabal in mk3 has insane combos and tricks, but in mk deception kabal has crappy moveset.
    I hope me wrong with this new game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Her voice was one of the coolest sounds to come out of MK3.

PSN
    QuestionDark
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sheeva was a guilty pleasure for me. Goro is one of my favs, but Sheeva was fast. I'm gonna go with...yes.

I too hope Rain makes it. I'm ok with Stryker. It's not that he's a bad character, just very uninspiring.
    "I'll kill you with my tea cup," -Richard B. Riddick

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say... I never really chose Stryker back in the day. However, all the Stryker hating on this forum made me most curious; so, I turned on UMK3 on my 360 and chose him. And, damn! Those grenades are so cheap! Hahaha, I've never gotten to Shao Khan faster. I didn't even have to switch characters because of AI adjusting to my moveset.

Thread Information