Ideas for 360 Exclusive DLC~ Please do not make more threads

Re: If Kratos is PS3 exclusive, who would you want for 360 exclusive?

Not that I want to see the appearance of a KI character, but I hope you're kidding...

The fighting systems in both KIs were more advanced than anything MK had at the time (or even thus far). It had more in common with Street Fighter than MK. Did you even play it??

I could add a big list to this however I will just leave it with a "yea, what he said!" and call it good ;)

33d8v0p.jpg

Not that I want to see the appearance of a KI character, but I hope you're kidding...

The fighting systems in both KIs were more advanced than anything MK had at the time (or even thus far). It had more in common with Street Fighter than MK. Did you even play it??

im not talking about gameplay wise, it did have a better fighting system, but when it comes down to it, it came out after mortal kombat, had characters that had the same powers as people from mortal kombat and had similar fatalities. Like i said its not a bad game but just wasn't as popular as mk or street fighter so it faded away years ago and isn't looking like its coming back. nothing against the game, just being realistic.

I dont think Killer Instinct was a failed MK, it has a large enough fan base to be considered its own entity. However i think i can call the series pretty much dead at this point. If they decide to make a new killer instinct, and they include a character in MK as an Xbox exclusive to hype up the new game, then it would make sense. But for now i still think Hayabusa makes the most sense if THERE MUST BE a Xbox exclusive character. Again, the best solution is no character at all, and give us 360 users the original fan service that was supposed to be delivered ;).

I dont think Killer Instinct was a failed MK, it has a large enough fan base to be considered its own entity. However i think i can call the series pretty much dead at this point. If they decide to make a new killer instinct, and they include a character in MK as an Xbox exclusive to hype up the new game, then it would make sense. But for now i still think Hayabusa makes the most sense if THERE MUST BE a Xbox exclusive character. Again, the best solution is no character at all, and give us 360 users the original fan service that was supposed to be delivered ;).

Amen to that...nuff said :)

im not talking about gameplay wise, it did have a better fighting system, but when it comes down to it, it came out after mortal kombat, had characters that had the same powers as people from mortal kombat and had similar fatalities. Like i said its not a bad game but just wasn't as popular as mk or street fighter so it faded away years ago and isn't looking like its coming back. nothing against the game, just being realistic.

The arcade revenue at the time rivaled both franchises not to mention console sales, I dont remember what interview it was with Ken Lobb but they were working on KI3 but stopped for w/e reason. I am sure I could google it and find it but trivial either way. I would however like you to explain your logic about the "same powers and fatalities" statement you made if you wouldn't mind, I am curious to here your logic and then obviously rebuttle it.

Even if they said "Jason would you like us to include XXXXX character from KI into our new shiny MK reboot?" I would say "no thank you", as I have said on twitter and all over this board I would rather have this reboot 100% pure MK goodness if they want to add a crossover character or two later on down the road in future games so be it but not in this one.

Last edited:

wow people get offended too easily. Im not trying to argue or put down KI or its fans but there was a guy with ice powers who froze people and broke them and a fire guy who would burn them like scorpion and subzero. the girls looked similar to kitana and melina... i think what i was trying to say was pretty understandable.

wow people get offended too easily. Im not trying to argue or put down KI or its fans but there was a guy with ice powers who froze people and broke them and a fire guy who would burn them like scorpion and subzero. the girls looked similar to kitana and melina... i think what i was trying to say was pretty understandable.

Relax, I am far from offended just enjoying this little debate we are having, as far as what you did say in your post, Glacius did have one finishing move where he pokes his victum and they freeze solid and fall over realistically he has more in common with T-1000 from Terminator 2 then Sub-Zero, Cinder being all fire obviously torches his victums for his finishers. With the exception of that they dont "share" any simularities. As far as the "girls" there was only one, Orchid who was in a tight outfit however not nearly as revealing with no mask and off the top of my head cant think of any moves that she might share with Mileena and Kitana.

I'm no Xbox user, well haven't been for 3 1/2 years, but if anyone deserves to be in MK it's John-117
Hell, I'm sure he can punch and kick. He's a ****ing marine. Weapon moves can be handled like a Jax type deal, but uniquely tuned to him. Fatalities could be gruesome if this ever fell through. It's a much needed outing for the gone but not forgotten Master Chief.

master-chief.jpg

Marcus Fenix would fit the bill perfectly

i can see him doing a chainsaw fatality now...

Relax, I am far from offended just enjoying this little debate we are having, as far as what you did say in your post, Glacius did have one finishing move where he pokes his victum and they freeze solid and fall over realistically he has more in common with T-1000 from Terminator 2 then Sub-Zero, Cinder being all fire obviously torches his victums for his finishers. With the exception of that they dont "share" any simularities. As far as the "girls" there was only one, Orchid who was in a tight outfit however not nearly as revealing with no mask and off the top of my head cant think of any moves that she might share with Mileena and Kitana.

haha alright i think we can reach a comprimise. I only played the game a few times and in my perspective they seemed very similar to mk characters although if i played the game more, maybe i would've thought otherwise. Overall though, my main point was that killer instinct has been dead for many years and I haven't herd anything about anyone bringing it back which is why its very unlikely any of them will make a cameo in the new MK

haha alright i think we can reach a comprimise. I only played the game a few times and in my perspective they seemed very similar to mk characters although if i played the game more, maybe i would've thought otherwise. Overall though, my main point was that killer instinct has been dead for many years and I haven't herd anything about anyone bringing it back which is why its very unlikely any of them will make a cameo in the new MK

Your totally correct, all that Rare has done is tease KI3 here and there over the years but to be honest I dont know if they have the talent left there anymore to make KI3 a worthy fighter. Either way, I still want this MK to be 100% pure, if its not im not going to loose sleep over it but is my preferance.

As you already may know from previous threads, we should expect kratos to be a guest character for the PS3 version of mortal kombat 2011. However, if the news really is true, should we expect a guest character for the xbox 360 version? I for one, have already mentioned twice before that the only logical character to make sense would be Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden II (not sigma 2) by Team Ninja. I havent really thought of anyone else that would make sense in the realm of mk to appear as a guest character for the 360. Now I'm not saying that kratos really should be in this game in the first place, however since it is likely that kratos will appear in this game, then im curious what will turn out to be the xbox 360 counterpart.

Also, keep two things in mind when posting to this thread...1, this is not to say why kratos should or should not be in this game, there is a thread for that already. 2, this thread is not to argue about which console is better (ps3 versus 360). I want to make it clear that i am no silly fanboy of either console and that I respect both of them with their own array of different games. I just want to see everyone elses opinion on who should make a guest appearance on the 360 version should there be a guest appearence altogether.
i'd prefer them not puting in any characters from other franchises, but if they have to i'd prefer cole from gears cause of his carisma

cool dc characters that fit in mk that you dont mind as dlc

i made a poll. vote for a character from shortlist
poison ivy
doomsday (epic villain)
bane
scarecrow
tattooed man
azrael (so awesome)
spectre
tasmanian devil

can i still add a poll or is it to late?

Your totally correct, all that Rare has done is tease KI3 here and there over the years but to be honest I dont know if they have the talent left there anymore to make KI3 a worthy fighter. Either way, I still want this MK to be 100% pure, if its not im not going to loose sleep over it but is my preferance.

I thought there was something within the licensing that prevented them from making a new KI. I know Rare owns the rights to KI, but I think Nintendo owns the rights to the characters or something like that. Considering the success of KI, I think M$ would be more than happy to fund them to GET the talent to make a new, worthy KI, too.

And yeah, I want this to be pure MK. I don't even want "outsiders" available via DLC.

I thought there was something within the licensing that prevented them from making a new KI. I know Rare owns the rights to KI, but I think Nintendo owns the rights to the characters or something like that. Considering the success of KI, I think M$ would be more than happy to fund them to GET the talent to make a new, worthy KI, too.

And yeah, I want this to be pure MK. I don't even want "outsiders" available via DLC.

You might be right, I have thought about that possibility but then also thought since they have been teasing it through the years that maybe Rare does own it outright I really dont know.

neo (from the matrix), terminator, tomb raider. who would you like as dlc?

all three franchises were distributed by wb. i think they will all be great additions as long as they have nothing to do with story mode.

kratos blends in with mk. neo, tomb raider, terminator can fit in mk. sonya is in, so is stryker and johny cage. you can vote more than once.

edit: i messed up the poll option

Re: neo (from the matrix), terminator, tomb raider. who would you like as dlc?

none really, how about Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck?

Lara would not fit, but we could get away with Wesker or Lu Bu

i cant belive this is happening. i really cant. this isnt happening. they are ruining the game with those unrealated stupid character from other games. i really really hope ed boon will grow a mind and decide not to spoil the game by putting NEO or THE TERMINATOR in the game!!! if any of those will show up i'll might reconsider purchasing the game.

none really, how about Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck?
LOL XD

neo would be awesome. think about it. he can stop bullets, flies straight at you shooting guns from both hands, the get down low thing he does to dodge bullets. and many ppl would play as 'the chosen one'