Kratos to star in upcoming mortal kombat

Hes saying that this makes more sense, including kratos, than what they did by including the DC Universe in the previous game.

oooh but stilll... oh wtf its not that bad to include him
he kinda does fit and hes a kool person

@ Ricochetmatt

Exactly that. But i wont get over it, if its true. IMO, it ruins the game completely. NR had a masterpiece going, but this just killed it (if its true).

Patrick, if this is true, what is your take on this?

Do you really feel this one character would destroy the MK game we've all been waiting for? Seriously?

actually this could be very true. There was 2 videos about this already cant remember which site it was something to do with like hiphop gaming or something like that. Anyways it was a black guy talking about bringing kratos into the game and i think if i remember correctly they were just worried about license issues. But they were all for it just like mk vs streetfighter.Then he talked about god of war 3 team checking out castlevania. ill try and find the video

here it is

http://n4g.com/news/613592/kratos-in-mortal-kombat-one-step-away-from-confirmation-video-proof

Last edited:
Do you really feel this one character would destroy the MK game we've all been waiting for? Seriously?

It didnt destroy the overall game, sorry i should have clarified myself, i meant to say it looked like THE PERFECT MK GAME before this was revealed. I hated nothing about this game so far, until now. The overall game isnt ruined, obviously, but the masterpiece i wanted it to be, is indeed ruined in my eyes.

Minus the last part you could be talking about Zelda for crying out loud. Or many other titles.

Still not buying it.

It's really not that hard to imagine Kratos, a savage god slayer in a game that has no shortage of gods, as well as centaurs and various other beasts he is more than familiar with. Not to mention the sexuality in both games, I can already imagine Kratos being deceived into a close romantic encounter with Mileena before finding out she is another monster, much like the Sirens in GOW. And after all that there's the small thing about the blood and gore similarities. And now that the game is working weapons into their single fighting styles his overall fighting would fit in easy. Just picture the intro to MK:Armageddon. They could have put him in that and you would have never noticed him amongst the rest of the savagery of the MK Universe.
But come on, you've got to be pretending not to see the similarities or else that worries me a bit.

Minus the last part you could be talking about Zelda for crying out loud. Or many other titles.

Still not buying it.

Well how many similarities would you consider to be sufficient? I own a 360 but if this whole business is for real then I think it's actually pretty cool. At the moment God of War 3 is pretty much the only reason I regret not owning a PS3. I've always thought that game looked absolutely badass. The only thing that puzzles me is that for this to work I believe WB would NEED to also include an iconic 360 character, but I can't really think of anyone popular enough who would fit the MK universe as well as I (personally) believe Kratos does.

Master Chief? No way, I don't think that would work at all, but I can't really think of any character other than him that is a popular enough 360 exclusive. Any ideas?

Mild lurker hear, but feel free to quote me if I'm wrong - but if you truly think that the creators of MK, and the mass studio funding this release (all hell bent on recreating the glory days of MK) are going to throw in some half-ass character from only a partial group of the gaming fanbase - then you all are ****ing brain dead and completely disconnected from the point of the new Mortal Kombat game. This is not a game that is being developed to bring in fans of other popular game-characters, or try to bridge some parallels between other games made by other companies. THE Mortal Kombat, is about being true to the original game, the passion and the style of MK. You are NOT going to see some dick-less character like Kratos parading around trying to somehow blend himself into the realm of MK. If the studio actually pandered to such a shit idea, it would only show a desire to submit to please a select fanbase in favor of putting in true effort heart and into the nobility of MK. And you can spin it how you want, but there is no REASONABLE way for such a bullshit character to somehow work himself into the MK universe.

Forget ****ing console wars, or people trying to fit all their favorite games into some ultimate collection of characters (regardless of cohesiveness) - but if you look at what Mortal Kombat has and should be - you would know without a shadow of a doubt that trying to pull crossovers into a game that's sole purpose has been to "regain it's roots" is not only ****ing retarded, but shows a complete disrespect and complete lack of desire to see Mortal Kombat for what it IS, has always BEEN, and always WILL BE.

If the above post offended any of you in any small way, let me please ask you to go find a new game to love ;)

To me, its not about the similarities. Sure he fits in some ways, but still, hes part of ANOTHER FRANCHISE, and theyre bringing in a guest character into A SERIOUS REBOOT. It doesnt make sense, it kills the hype that was bringing MK back to its roots, so older fans and new fans alike can rejoice. They shouldve saved him for later, seriously. Have you noticed that successful reboots, like the batman films, go back to the roots of the series in a more sophisticated way? thats what was happening to MK, i loved it, until they included this little tidbit, it ruined the hype.

Mild lurker hear, but feel free to quote me if I'm wrong - but if you truly think that the creators of MK, and the mass studio funding this release (all hell bent on recreating the glory days of MK) are going to throw in some half-ass character from only a partial group of the gaming fanbase - then you all are ****ing brain dead and completely disconnected from the point of the new Mortal Kombat game. This is not a game that is being developed to bring in fans of other popular game-characters, or try to bridge some parallels between other games made by other companies. THE Mortal Kombat, is about being true to the original game, the passion and the style of MK. You are NOT going to see some dick-less character like Kratos parading around trying to somehow blend himself into the realm of MK. If the studio actually pandered to such a shit idea, it would only show a desire to submit to please a select fanbase in favor of putting in true effort heart and into the nobility of MK. And you can spin it how you want, but there is no REASONABLE way for such a bullshit character to somehow work himself into the MK universe.

Forget ****ing console wars, or people trying to fit all their favorite games into some ultimate collection of characters (regardless of cohesiveness) - but if you look at what Mortal Kombat has and should be - you would know without a shadow of a doubt that trying to pull crossovers into a game that's sole purpose has been to "regain it's roots" is not only ****ing retarded, but shows a complete disrespect and complete lack of desire to see Mortal Kombat for what it IS, has always BEEN, and always WILL BE.

If the above post offended any of you in any small way, let me please ask you to go find a new game to love ;)

I applaud your post sir, thats what ive been saying for the past 4 posts that ive made on this thread, thank god another person agrees with this concept.

Master Chief? No way, I don't think that would work at all, but I can't really think of any character other than him that is a popular enough 360 exclusive. Any ideas?

Maybe Ryu Hayabusa, considering Ninja Gaiden II was published by microsoft game studios, and not tecmo. Team Ninja would have to give the green light however.

Are you forgetting MK VS DC? They're not above doing this sort of thing.

I know they would have done this in the past, but this new game is different. This game is about bringing the franchise back to the roots of MK and delivering an authentic reboot of the series. All that is lost if some lame character like Kratos gets added in. Like Taj said, if this is true then a lot of the hype I had for this game has been lost. This is un****ingacceptable.

I know they would have done this in the past, but this new game is different. This game is about bringing the franchise back to the roots of MK and delivering an authentic reboot of the series. All that is lost if some lame character like Kratos gets added in. Like Taj said, if this is true then a lot of the hype I had for this game has been lost. This is un****ingacceptable.

Exactly, a lot of people were expecting to feel the same way they were when MK was in its glory days, Kratos really takes away from that feeling. Again, im glad im not the only one who feels like that.

With all of the stupid ass characters that have appeared in the Mortal Kombat franchise THIS is the possible bonus character you all are complaining about? Wow. Just plain f*n wow. I personally think that if he is, in fact, a bonus character then HELLZ F**CK YA! He fits the game perfectly. Maybe everyone else can petition to have Mocap or Meat instead. Because, you know, those characters were so cool and all and definitely fit the MK universe. :stupid: