What are the main events that could be changed?

UncleRuckus

Now ultimately(UMK LOL) we know tha the game is supposed to be a retelling of the past couple MK's. But speaking on the minor inclusion that the game will have slight changes in story, based on what Boon said what are the key events or minor events that could be changed?
Some that I think are very plausible are:
- Raiden's past self could get a vison of Liu Kangs demise in MKDA and decide to appoint someone else as the champion(Not knowing exactly when it will happen). This one is at the top of my list. I Rather see Kung Lao rise to the occasion anyway or even Kai;
- Older Raiden could also get the vision showing Kahn crossing over into earth realm using Sindel (MK3) and somehow try to prevent that from happening;
- and another major change could of course be Smoke not being turned into a cyborg(Maybe Raiden will get a vision of cyborg Smoke trying to kill SubZero) and trys to prevent him from being turned for the purpose of having another warrior on the light side.
I think these changes are very doable and interesting. Your thoughts........

Aren't Raiden's visions supposed to be very vague to where he's not even sure as to what the hell is going on?

This is why I'm not understanding the whole "things will change!" deal. They tell us that Raiden isn't sure of what he's seeing... But somehow we're expected to believe that the series will take different turns and such. I don't buy it.

Yeah that would make since. I like Kabal's moves but his story didn't fit into MK well. We learned about him being a Black Dragon way later, so if he ends up being with Kano and involved from the jump it would be good.

I think the Lin Kuei has the biggest chance to change this time around, Sector and Cyrax get automated, but maybe they stop there, Sub and Smoke don't have to be renegades, and they continue to work for their clan. This way they are both neutral, instead of Sub becoming a "good" guy.

Aren't Raiden's visions supposed to be very vague to where he's not even sure as to what the hell is going on?

This is why I'm not understanding the whole "things will change!" deal. They tell us that Raiden isn't sure of what he's seeing... But somehow we're expected to believe that the series will take different turns and such. I don't buy it.

This is what I was talking about in my thread. I'm still confused as hell on how they're gonna pull that off without the game totally disregarding previous canon.

I still think the elder Sub-Zero should live. Maybe then his brother (Tundra as we know now) would become a cyborg.

I still think the elder Sub-Zero should live. Maybe then his brother (Tundra as we know now) would become a cyborg.

Not again... we have already ruled out the cyber sub zero storyline now that we know the older sub zero doesnt live, and we know the sub zero in the upcoming game is the younger one. How can you say that the older sub zero should live when we already know that he dies in the upcoming MK?

And ricochet is right, he does not get visions of exact events happening, he just gets a vision of himself about to be killed and shao kahn winning. So thats why they are saying things COULD change, just because raiden gets that vision, that doesnt mean the events of the first three games are gonna unfold differently, from evil's perspective. Shao kahn never received the vision, so his plans wont change. Its just that the decisions that RAIDEN makes will probably change.

And ricochet is right, he does not get visions of exact events happening, he just gets a vision of himself about to be killed and shao kahn winning. So thats why they are saying things COULD change, just because raiden gets that vision, that doesnt mean the events of the first three games are gonna unfold differently, from evil's perspective. Shao kahn never received the vision, so his plans wont change. Its just that the decisions that RAIDEN makes will probably change.

Hmmmm...so in retrospect, Armageddon could happen once again.

well maybe things have changed about the story considering they originally had it planned that subzero was the elder and now thats shot down. maybe the good guys dont win the tournament so outworld invades earth because of that. it would be the same outcome but from different circumstances. i hope theres some big unexpexted twist to the story though

I think it would make for a really epic and truly subversive story if despite all of Raiden's efforts, everything still went according to Shao Kahn's plans. That nothing Raiden changed made any difference. And the final fight between the "hero" and Shao Kahn would not be to save Earthrealm, but be out of pure, agonizing hatred. Shao Kahn being finally defeated, but all too late. I know that's bleak as hell but I think it could inject some real emotion into MK for the first time, and create a dark, memorable story.

I think it would make for a really epic and truly subversive story if despite all of Raiden's efforts, everything still went according to Shao Kahn's plans. That nothing Raiden changed made any difference. And the final fight between the "hero" and Shao Kahn would not be to save Earthrealm, but be out of pure, agonizing hatred. Shao Kahn being finally defeated, but all too late. I know that's bleak as hell but I think it could inject some real emotion into MK for the first time, and create a dark, memorable story.

That is...a damn good idea! I love a dark and somewhat emotional atmosphere in a game, and would probably walk away from that story with a smile on my face and without any regret.

I kinda have a feeling that Armageddon will happen anyways. Maybe not in the same way... But in some shape or form. Raiden receiving a vague vision of the future can't possibly change something that huge.

But then again, I'm not writing the games. The writers can have Jade consume the realms through her vagina if they really wanted her to.

I have a feeling that most of MK1-3 will still happen, but at the end of the story mode, Kahn will be defeated for good and that will prevent armageddon from happening.

I kinda have a feeling that Armageddon will happen anyways. Maybe not in the same way... But in some shape or form. Raiden receiving a vague vision of the future can't possibly change something that huge.

But then again, I'm not writing the games. The writers can have Jade consume the realms through her vagina if they really wanted her to.

Lol(dying of laughter)! That plot would ultimately be better than MK Armagedon still.

No way that things Way to sandy.

As far as story goes im thinking everything will be the same for the mk 1, but things might start changing up after mk 1 tournament. There is no way things would change quickly. It will be interesting to see that's for sure.