Character Bios Update

whtillnvrb

Shao Kahn Bio
Old:
Known for his viciousness, cruelty and intimate knowledge of the black arts, Shao Kahn strikes fear in anyone he encounters. So mighty is this Emperor of Outworld that he intimidates even the powerful Shan Tsung. Shao Kahn incorporates his incredible strength around a single purpose: to merge all the realms into Outworld. He envisions himself the tyrant ruling all that exists. And to that end, he destroys anything in his path with a lust for killing that takes the breath away from even the fiercest warrior.

New:
Emperor Shao Kahn's lust for power is matched only by his ruthlessness. Millennia ago he overthrew Onaga as ruler of Outworld and has conquered many other realms since. Eventually he turned his attention to Earthrealm. The Mortal Kombat tournament prevents him from taking the realm by force, but if Shao Kahn's champions win 10 consecutive tournaments, Earthrealm will be his. As long as his champion Shang Tsung and Prince Goro do not fail him, he will be victorious.

Raiden Bio
Old:
Alive from the beginning of time, Raiden is unlike the mortal beings he confronts. He possesses a perspective that gives him the wisdom to win in combat as well as the hint of immortality that suggests he is impossible to destroy. God of thunder and protector of Earthrealm, Raiden possesses supernatural abilities, such as the ability to teleport, fly and control lightning. A cunning warrior and, at one point, a wise mentor to Liu Kang, Raiden functions on a more enlightened plane of existence than mere mortals. There is no battle too challenging for him, since he relies on both inner strengths, physical prowess and the wisdom of the ages to slaughter his enemies and leave an ocean of blood in his wake.

New:
Raiden is the God of Thunder and Protector of Earthrealm. Ageless and wise beyond measure, he leads Earthrealm's mortals in the endless battle against the forces of darkness. When Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld, threatened to merge his realm with Earthrealm, an overwhelmed Raiden implored the Elder Gods to give Earthrealm a fighting chance. Thus the Mortal Kombat tournament was created. For millennia Shao Kahn has been kept at bay, but nine consecutive losses to Goro have eroded hope that Earthrealm can be saved. Determined to prevent Armageddon, Raiden tirelessly quests to find a champion worthy of Mortal Kombat.

Mileena Bio
Old:
Mileena is the mirror opposite of kindly Kitana, even showing fangs when she opens her mouth in contrast to Kitana's pleasant smile. Cloned from Kitana by Shang Tsung, Mileena was created to serve Emperor Shao Kahn. She believes that her birthright is to be the princess of Edenia. Unfortunately for Mileena, her sister Kitana is the legitimate princess. The only answer for the ruthless Mileena is to murder her sister, usurp the throne and rule with the same vicious spite that defines her life. A man-eater, Mileena uses her sexuality as one of her many weapons. She brings men to their knees in more ways than one—and then gives them the kiss of death!

New:
Shang Tsung has created many abominable creatures in his Flesh Pits, but none so twisted as Mileena. A fusion of Edenian flesh and Tarkatan blood, Mileena is both beauty and beast. This dichotomy has made her mind unstable; she is prone to fits of madness and savagery. Though she has the appearance of a mature woman, she is more child than adult--a blank slate conformed to Shao Kahn's will. Devoid of conscience or remorse, Mileena will butcher anyone to appease her beloved father.

SUb-Zero Bio
Old:
Clad in blue, this formidable assassin began his deadly path on a mission from the Lin Kuei to murder Shang Tsung. That's when he was killed by Scorpion only to reappear as Noob Saibot, with his younger brother taking on the identity of Sub-Zero. Now he emerges with untold secrets of the afterlife propelling him fearlessly into the bloodiest battles. Time and again, he assaults the confidence of his enemies with his resurrected strength and sense of deadly purpose. Creating dismembered bodies and broken spirits wherever he goes, he threatens the very notion of peace on earth with his awe-inspiring destructive energy.

New:
An assassin of the Lin Kuei clan, Kuai Liang commands the power of ice and cold. Unlike other members of his clan, he and his older brother, Bi-Han, were abducted as children by the Lin Kuei and trained in the techniques of assassination throughout their lives. Though his codename is Tundra, he has now assumed the mantle of Sub-Zero to honor his brother after Bi-Han's mysterious death. Sub-Zero tirelessly hunts the one who killed his brother.

Scorpion Bio
Old:
Scorpion was killed—but that didn't last for long. He emerged from the grave to enact his vendetta against Sub-Zero, his nemesis who was responsible for murdering him and his clan. Empowered by righteous fury, the ninja Scorpion inflicts the most excruciating pain possible as he scours the earth to annihilate his enemies. He says menacingly, "Get over here!"before he wields his mighty weapon and pulls them to him. Screaming and pouring blood from their gaping guts, they stare into his merciless face as they suffer an agonizing death.

New:
Hanzo Hasashi was once a member of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja clan. Given the name Scorpion for his blindingly fast and deadly fighting skill, his life was blessed with glorious kombat in the name of his Grand Master. But when he, his family and his clan were brutally exterminated by Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei, Scorpion's existence became eternal torment. Resurrected by the malevolent necromancer Quan Chi, he entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to slay Sub-Zero and avenge the murders of his kin.

OK just a few thoughts on the changes.
Not crazy about the updated Sub-Zero. I was hoping for Older Sub-Zero but the seem to have gave the personalty of the Older brother to the Young Sub-Zero to make both sides happy. It is also unclear if the change took place before or during the first Mortal Kombat. It makes it sound if the first tournament is going on but the second Sub-Zero is already involved. I do like that they mentioned Goro and that the game will be picking up just where the first one did. Maybe we will see an old Shan Tsung.

So younger Sub Zero is Tundra!!! LOL, this is awesome, way to pay homage to sub zeros original name!

But yeah shang tsung and goro are confirmed basically by shao kahn's bio. And im happy they changed the bios, they make way more sense now. Its not character history anymore, its an actual bio, so this is good.

Last edited:
The story is so ****ing confusing to me. I'm just gonna stop trying to do the math and wait for the damn game to come out.

The story is so ****ing confusing to me. I'm just gonna stop trying to do the math and wait for the damn game to come out.

Good idea. We can guess and theorize until we're blue in the face, and that's fine for everyone who wants to do that, but I'll wait until I can actually play through the story mode to figure things out.

Honestly, I don't even think NRS has everything quite figured out yet (as evidenced by the fact that the once-confirmed elder Sub-Zero is now apparently the younger brother), which would explain the problems we're all having deciphering the story.

Hmm. Just maybe the past was altered and the original Subby was somehow killed before the tournament started. But what could alter that? Any ideas? Maybe the original didn't die this time around and he went into hiding, knowing that Scorpion was looking for him. And it will be revealed later in the game. Who knows?

Agree, when I got the text message earlier today saying themortalkombat.com had an update I checked out the chat and the bios and noticed the differences. I can say I'm very satisfied with the new biographies.

awesome biographies! thanks for sharing the info. my damn ps3 won't let me view the mk site. i need to get to a computer.