Post-(MK1-Ultimate Characters) that arethe best fit in the new MK......

UncleRuckus

While we all have varying opinions about the exact cast of the new MK, from Boon we were promised generally the Ultimate MK cast. Now I don't see the cast being exactly the same. Of coure there are the key players that we pretty much know will be in the game(some of the usual suspects have been confirmed), storywise which characters would make the most sense in reguards to the overall plot of the past MKs?

I have my own speculation and hopes: Quan-Chi is at the top of my list. Not only is he my favorite of all the new characters, I think his presence in a lot of the MK backstory is key. We know that Quan Chi was the one responsible for killing Scorpion's family thus creating his quest for vengeance. But what if its deeper than that? What if we find out Quan Chi was the one who resurrected Scorp in the first place? If you remember the original Sub Zero was a rival of Quan Chi's before the original MK. What if Quan created the hellspawn (Scorpion) just to kill his rival, manipulating him to think Sub killed his fam for his own end.

I'd love to hear any other ideas for ways a newer character could be incorporated into the game. What do you think?.............

I dont like all the mk1-mk3 characters, i hate rain, sheeva and stryker, and if mk9 is only mk1-mk3 characters, that is something like mortal kombat trillogy in HD nothing more.
Post characters?
from mk 4: Quan chi, is really obius for the backstory with scorpion/ Reiko: With a worked plot would be a brutal character, is the backstaber for shao kanh.
from: mk5: i really hate all characters, except for one, Kenshi (but is ermac in it), blind and telekinetic. cool.
from mk6: all are a lameloids characters, all are clone for others, and in story get no nonsence for (mk1-mk3) story, anyway, if i wan to choose at least one character for how looks like, i think Ashrah or Darrius.
frommk7: Sareena.

Well first of all, about Quan Chi, we do know that he resurrected scorpion to manipulate him so he could kill sub zero. It was clearly said in the character vignette of scorpion. So you got that part down. Honestly, hes the only character i want back that could tie into this storyline and not create any holes... Reiko too potentially like xamoel mentioned, because he's one of Kahn's generals hoping to take the throne one day. Plus there is going to be 26 character slots, not everyone from trilogy will be able to fit in this game. Without the sub bosses and the duplicate kombatants (classic sub zero, and whichever smoke), there are 26 characters from the first 3 games. If NR studios decide to make the sub bosses playable, then theyre going to have to eliminate some regular kombatants from the initial roster.

Quan, Shinnok, Bo Rai Cho, Havik and Kenshi are the only post UMk3 characters I'd ever want to see in new MKs

I really think the only post-MK3 characters that could possibly make it into the roster is Quan Chi. After all, he was even in MKvsDCU, non-playable, but still important to the storyline. Although I'd like to see some more female characters, maybe Tanya, or Li Mei, or Sareena.

Maybe, maybe, Shinnok would be cool too, or Kenshi.

Well first of all, about Quan Chi, we do know that he resurrected scorpion to manipulate him so he could kill sub zero. It was clearly said in the character vignette of scorpion. So you got that part down. Honestly, hes the only character i want back that could tie into this storyline and not create any holes... Reiko too potentially like xamoel mentioned, because he's one of Kahn's generals hoping to take the throne one day. Plus there is going to be 26 character slots, not everyone from trilogy will be able to fit in this game. Without the sub bosses and the duplicate kombatants (classic sub zero, and whichever smoke), there are 26 characters from the first 3 games. If NR studios decide to make the sub bosses playable, then theyre going to have to eliminate some regular kombatants from the initial roster.

Oh, well then maybe there is a good chance he may be included. Another one I think could work would be Kenshi(remember he always wanted to enter the first one). Others I would like to see but don't know how they would fit in the story are: Ashrah(love her story and think she is a unique character) and Hataru(I love his twisted ideals of order which make him a crazy unorthadox villain).

I would love to see Quan chi , Shinok and Reiko in the game. Havik was ok as well, him and his chaos realm. They were the only good characters after Umk3. The people need replacing are Sheeva, stryker and rain. I know there is only 20 some slots, however with that being said i hope goro kingtoro, mortoro and any other boss like that is NOT playable. We still however need to get the main characters in and they are taking a while to announce.

Those main characters are baraka, noob saibot, kabal, kano, ermac. Its also crazy how some characters are announced and we still have not seen anything on them at all. They sure are keeping everything secret thats for sure.

The only post UMK 3 characters that I would want in MK (2011) are:

Quan Chi = For his involvement in Sub Zero and Scorpion's story.
Reiko = Being one of Shao Kahn's generals, and wanting to take over the throne.

Kenshi is Ok, I guess.
The only problem that I have with him, is that his moves seem TOO similar to Ermac.
It's the same reason that I didn't like Frost, Sheeva and Stryker.

IN MY OPINION:
- We only need 1 character with freezing abilities (Sub Zero ... and YES I only want 1 Sub Zero. The Older one SHOULD be Noob Saibot. No reason to have 2 playable Sub Zero's. That's like having 2 playable Scorpion's. It's redundant.)
- 2 Shokans had already been done (Sheeva).
- 2 Special Forces agents had already been done (Stryker).

Last edited:
As much as I like Quan Chi... I don't really want to see him in this game as a playable character. I'd love for him to make a cameo... But that's it. There are plenty of other characters to focus on. And I know that a lot of people don't like Rain, Styker or Sheeva... But they ARE part of the original MKs and some fans do like them. So rather than include post MK3 characters, they should flesh out the not-so-popular ones.

Seriously, i like the concept of only MK 1-3 characters only, cuz if you include other characters from later franchises, it deviates away from the story. If youve noticed, MK 1-3 all tie in with eachother in some way or another, the storyline flows. If they all of a sudden include MK4 and beyond characters, how would they properly be involved in the story? MK4 completely deviated away from the storyline of the first 3 games basically, so characters from that era should not be included unless theyre just cameos like Ricochet stated before me. If anything make them have a brief appearance at the end of story mode, so it leads up to the next game.

Of course Quan Chi is key to the story, however I was always a fan of Kai. I think with a little more depth, the Afro-American monk can be as likeable as Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

Of course Quan Chi is key to the story, however I was always a fan of Kai. I think with a little more depth, the Afro-American monk can be as likeable as Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

I liked Kai too, its unfortunate he got very little publicity aside from MK4, and even then he was overshadowed by the popular majority.

Personally I think Quan Chi and Tanya SHOULD be in MK2011 simply because they are extremely important (it was Tanya who deceived Liu Kang and Quan Chi is just as important as Shang Tsung). It would be boring to ONLY have MK1-3 characters, and there are other characters besides the "classics" that play important roles in the MK story. Also keep in mind its going to be a re-telling of the story, so its not like they can't fit in other characters either. MK 1-3 should be the FOCUS, but not the LIMIT.

They can take out Jade since she's merely Kitana's "childhood friend" and really not central to any storyline (aside from being Tanya's rival), Stryker (unless they find a way to make him compelling instead of a toss-in), and please don't include the Shokan bosses as playable. That would be just a waste for other characters to have an opportunity and would ruin the game balance.

I liked Kai too, its unfortunate he got very little publicity aside from MK4, and even then he was overshadowed by the popular majority.

Personally I think Quan Chi and Tanya SHOULD be in MK2011 simply because they are extremely important (it was Tanya who deceived Liu Kang and Quan Chi is just as important as Shang Tsung). It would be boring to ONLY have MK1-3 characters, and there are other characters besides the "classics" that play important roles in the MK story. Also keep in mind its going to be a re-telling of the story, so its not like they can't fit in other characters either. MK 1-3 should be the FOCUS, but not the LIMIT.

They can take out Jade since she's merely Kitana's "childhood friend" and really not central to any storyline (aside from being Tanya's rival), Stryker (unless they find a way to make him compelling instead of a toss-in), and please don't include the Shokan bosses as playable. That would be just a waste for other characters to have an opportunity and would ruin the game balance.

SOURCE = http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Jade

While her motives were unclear, she served Shao Kahn alongside Kitana and Mileena as his personal assassin for most of her life. When Kitana finally turned against Shao Kahn, Jade was ordered to capture her for the Emperor. She ultimately chose to join her friend, and has since loyally assisted Kitana in her quest to free their native realm and restore its beauty. Now residing in the freed Edenia, Jade is a General of the Edenian Army and continues to dutifully serve Kitana and her mother Sindel.

C'mon man!

I agree with you that Stryker doesn't have much of a story, but whether you like her or not, Jade DOES have a story.

Last edited:
SOURCE = http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Jade

While her motives were unclear, she served Shao Kahn alongside Kitana and Mileena as his personal assassin for most of her life. When Kitana finally turned against Shao Kahn, Jade was ordered to capture her for the Emperor. She ultimately chose to join her friend, and has since loyally assisted Kitana in her quest to free their native realm and restore its beauty. Now residing in the freed Edenia, Jade is a General of the Edenian Army and continues to dutifully serve Kitana and her mother Sindel.

C'mon man!

I agree with you that Stryker doesn't have much of a story, but whether you like her or not, Jade DOES have a story.

Yeah! Do not take Jade out of the story! She's very important to me! If anyone from MK1-3, please, Stryker and Sheeva.

Stryker and Sheeva are lost causes... hopefully they dont make the sub-bosses playable either. But if i had the choice between sheeva and stryker or post mk3 warriors, i would have to go with sheeva and stryker. This game should be a fan service for the original 2D games, no one from MK4 onwards should be playable, cameos during story mode, yes but other than that, DLC.

After UMK3, I'll have to say:
Quan Chi
Sareena
Kia
Jataaka
Nitara
Tanya
Li Mei
Shinnok
Reiko
Kai
Kenshi
Khameleon

Im with Sareena.
Gotta good storyline with sub zero and quan chi. And her knife throwing rate was so quick! A character that can have plenty of involvement in the MK story. Would love to see more

Im with Sareena.
Gotta good storyline with sub zero and quan chi. And her knife throwing rate was so quick! A character that can have plenty of involvement in the MK story. Would love to see more

Sareena?!?! Wha... What is this? What a terrible thing to say.