Getting An Official Statement

Ok so it's good to see some more discussion on this, I've compiled some good posts/ideas to introduce anyone new to the topic.

Twitter and Facebook are your friends. I'm not much into either, but it's the best way to spread information and get in contact with people. Lots of members of the MK team follow the Twitter accounts of the major MK fan sites (such as TRMK). If they can "tweet" about the petition, with a link, and then have it retweeted, lots of fans will see it. Not only that, but if it gets big enough, it's possible a gaming website might write a story about the determination of the loyal Mortal Kombat Kommunity.

...the most civil and rational ways to find out info.

1. Do a petition and advertise it.

2. Ask the major game sites for info, or to go hunting for it. IGN, G4, GameTrailers, etc. Don't pester them, ask nicely. Use their twitters, their comment section, email them directly. They have big deep contacts straight from the sources in the gaming world. They might even know some info themselves, but are under NDA (legally can't speak about it). But once they see all these questions and interest, they will pressure their gaming contacts to find out something or do something about it. If Backbone is rumored to be making this, tell them to talk to Backbone, or contact Backbone yourself. Also, maybe Patrick can ask his contact to see what happened with the live actor recording at the studio? :)

3. Get official statements from WB, even if it's a 'no comment'. So at least the PR people know that they can't be bottled up and to tell the WB big guys to change their strategy of the announcement, whenever it would happen. This is related to the previous idea -get the major sites to go directly to WB for comments.

Remember to stay positive when contacting anyone, and in general, so you don't get mad and get hissy fits if info or the game itself doesn't come out.

P.S. Do NOT pester Boon and the NetherRealm team about this game. They are working hard on the MK9 game (likely not the Kollection), and can't leak any info on the Kollection unless WB says yes. WB holds all the control.

WB Games has 6 studios under it - Monolith, Snowblind Studios, Surreal, NetherRealm, WB Games Montreal (a new studio), and Turbine. Backbone was rumored only because they did one of the network ports of the old games. I think NetherRealm is not making it, so we still have 5 (or 6 studios with Backbone) that are possible. Try to find their websites, check their specific company forums if they have any, contact customer service, etc.

So that's a good start, I'll try to construct some kind of plan from that, something simple and effective that everyone can get involved in.

Also, regarding the petition, something important that was brought up:
Keep in mind that online petitions aren't considered reliable to since anyone can sign them an infinite number of times. It's pretty much a waste of time and I'd think making light of this issue through FB or Twitter would be far more lucrative.

This is true, the problem with online petitions is yes, anyone can sign them an infinite number of times, and also, people can hurt the credibility of the petition by providing fake/spam/inappropriate entries. There's no fast way to identify what *signatures* are real, and even with obviously bogus entries, anything that devalues the petition would have to be manually removed. Which if the petition is popular, would be a painstaking process.
BUT...
There is ways around it, like using an online petition with an email verification system. An idea I had is to actually create a petition on Facebook. That way, there is no dispute on the legitimacy of a signature. Most people have a facebook, and facebook is linked to everything and easy to spread something around on. I currently don't have one, but I'll be making it for the purpose of this topic. If anyone's had experience with petitions held on facebook, please shed some light on it. I'll be looking into it myself regardless. Also I'm positive there'd be a way to make petitions on Twitter, will look into that too. Would it be a better platform for it, should we have more than 1 petition held on different sites? Thoughts please.

Like I said before I'll also try to construct a plan of some sort with the ideas already posted. In the meantime, please keep brainstorming everyone. Anyone new to this topic, if you've got more than a passing interest in this game, help out!

PS:
Links, for whatever purpose -

http://www.facebook.com/wbgames
http://www.facebook.com/GameSpot
http://www.facebook.com/ign

Last edited:
Just another little thing, someone on another topic made a good post that really highlights the amount of interest for this game, and thus the potential of what I've proposed. Just for consideration -

MK is definitely not confined to solely TRMK, or the other dedicated MK sites like Ultimatemk, classicmk, or testyourmight. There is now a forum on SRK for MK as well, not to mention that all 4 sites I just mentioned posted the news that was posted on TRMK first prominently on their news pages. SRK is, arguably, the largest fighting game website on the internet, with thousands of people visiting daily, not to mention people lurking all the time, and they had the posted release date with pic from gamestop on their main news page.

Many more people than just the "hardcore" MK fanbase knew about MKHD.

Also take into account that UMK3 has taken HUGE step into prominence in the last 2 years with it becoming a headline tournament at such major events like East Coast Throwdown 1 & 2, Annually at NEC, Winter Brawl, and Summer Jam, as well as annually at Season's Beatings, not to mention locals like Columbus Bar Battles.

All these tournaments see UMK3 get streamed at the bare minimum for the Winner's Final, Loser's Final and Grand Final, and Season's Beatings Redemption streamed the entire top 8.

MK has garnered a large amount of interest lately and I'm sure that anyone who is looking forward to MK9 certainly knew about MKHD supposedly having a pack in demo of MK9.

Can you give me the links on how to play UMK3 on MAME? Thanks.

Download mame for your system, itll come with all the folders and shit that you need, download your ROMS and put them in the ROMS folder of MAME in order for them to work. They're ZIP files, but do not unzip them. Once you have whatever game in the ROMS folder, run MAME and play the game

Heres the link for UMK3: [URL removed-- Do not post links to ROMs or other illegal software]http://www.emuparadise.org/M.A.M.E....mate_Mortal_Kombat_3_(rev_1.2)/17793-download

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, but as a product of the 80s, i'm a bit of a nostalgia fanatic.

We've got an older crowd here too, 79 here. I can relate on the power of nostalgia, especially if you've spent a lot of time on the game on console. I naturally preferred the PC versions since they were the closest to the arcade, but had the Genesis ones too.

Now I'm content with latter console emulations since I don't have a decent gaming rig. Besides, I prefer the console experience.

the only thing i've been doubtful about is TRMKs "source"- specifically that they are re-shooting new actors. i never said that i don't think this game/project exists/existed. still, i don't see the point in getting so riled up about the lack of info.

Our source is legit, I can promise you that. Time will tell I guess. But our source never indicated any release date at all for this project. Actually if you read our original post I even was skeptical of the release dates that were leaked out.

It will be revealed when WB is ready, and "demanding" information is very much NOT the way to do it. It's still possible it'll just be released with no info ahead of time as well, but I don't personally expect to see it in 2010. I'd guess early (Jan or Feb) 2011. I just say everyone be patient and wait for it.

I would be perfect if they anounced it at this years Spike TV VGAs Awards on Dec. 11th, and then possibly for sale on shelves Dec. 14th. Would be perfect for Christmas sales, and by the time April came around everyone would be ready for MK9. Would be a very smart marketing move.

I would be perfect if they anounced it at this years Spike TV VGAs Awards on Dec. 11th, and then possibly for sale on shelves Dec. 14th. Would be perfect for Christmas sales, and by the time April came around everyone would be ready for MK9. Would be a very smart marketing move.

Hopefully that's their train of thought, too.

I wouldn't expect an announcement at the VGAs, MK HDs goals are not to be an A+ 2+ Million Copy seller. If any MK game gets any form of love at the VGAs it'll be for Mortal Kombat (2011). Don't set yourselves up for disappointment by thinking that MK HD is a higher priority than that MK9.

The rumored demo was true, I am personally guessing we'll see a late winter 2011 release of MK HD with the demo in tow. February sounds good to me, and then a late spring release of MK9. I don't see why they'd release it so close to MvC3 so I'd bet late April thru early June (still spring) release now that MvC3 has a solid date I'm sure MK will get one soon as well.

So, Pat, what do your sources say for the likely hood of an X360 release, and why haven't they contacted me yet for input and artistic ability? :laugh: