Question about the reputation system

Just a little FYI to everyone:

Any and all posts with just a "+rep" or "-rep" in the text field with be an automatic infraction. We got rid of this crap for a reason, no need to continue it in the actual posts.

So we can just refrain from abbreviating "reputation" and we're good? =D

Re: Freddy Krueger Thread - 'Come To Freddy'

Oh, and in regards to rep, the reason it was taken away is because TOO many people took that rep system way too seriously. People would use it to flame each other, piss other people off, and the moderators were constantly being bugged/harassed by forum members in regards to 'false' -rep they got, so they had to keep going in, deleting the bad rep, looking into it, etc. etc. In the end it was a simple feature that took too much work to keep track of and take care of, and I think the community as a whole will be happier without it.

Plus, rep wasn't meant to keep the trolls in line. If anything it gave them tools to troll against people even more. Just my opinion though.

Hey mods, just noticed the rep system is gone, and want to say good job on abolishing it. I've seen so many neg rep disputes on this forum, and always wondered why people even care. I think positive rep was a nice gesture, but just complimenting someone in a post is really the same thing. The absence of this system has many benefits IMO. Well done.

Re: Freddy Krueger Thread - 'Come To Freddy'

Oh, and in regards to rep, the reason it was taken away is because TOO many people took that rep system way too seriously. People would use it to flame each other, piss other people off, and the moderators were constantly being bugged/harassed by forum members in regards to 'false' -rep they got, so they had to keep going in, deleting the bad rep, looking into it, etc. etc. In the end it was a simple feature that took too much work to keep track of and take care of, and I think the community as a whole will be happier without it.

Plus, rep wasn't meant to keep the trolls in line. If anything it gave them tools to troll against people even more. Just my opinion though.

From my post in the Freddy thread:

Please don't pretend you know everything about why the rep system was taken away. Let the mods do the explaining since it was OUR decision. What you said was a part of why it was taken away. There were a few reasons, actually.

BTW, not trying to sound rude or anything, so don't take it as such =)

Last edited:
No I'm not, that was all based purely on assumption. Though a rather CLOSE assumption if I say so myself. :D It only seemed logical. But I should've put "assumption" there, my apologies. :D

Edit: Is there a thread made by any of the Mods explaining why the rep was taken away?

It was explained a few times in this thread. Sorry, don't remember the pages :/

To sum it up:

~too many people abused it
~too many people cried about
~too many people took advantage of it
~too many people used it to troll

We discussed a few options, like going back to just having mods hand it out, but came to the conclusion that people would still be butthurt about it, as well as having it where you had to reach a certain post count to use it, but people will always complain, so easier to get rid of it.

Too bad, because it was a good way to show your fellow TRMKers support and give them credit that other members, new and old, could see via rep, but this is what happens when people care about red squares in a forum too much.

RIP REP SYSTEM

I for one I'm glad that the system was abolished. Perhaps, now we can put that behind us and discuss the issues with civility and just have fun debating random MK and miscellaneous threads.

I for one I'm glad that the system was abolished. Perhaps, now we can put that behind us and discuss the issues with civility and just have fun debating random MK and miscellaneous threads.

I doubt there will be more civility, haha. More people will just probably get caught out for flaming. And we won't have to see those annoying posts asking for rep anymore. It was ridiculous how much importance some people saw in it.

I doubt there will be more civility, haha. More people will just probably get caught out for flaming. And we won't have to see those annoying posts asking for rep anymore. It was ridiculous how much importance some people saw in it.

Not just posts but with the whole 'report an offensive neg rep' stuff, when I would go edit out the offensive ones, you wouldn't believe how many people sent rep to people with 'rep me back'....and it was the same people going back and forth 400 times.....so, yeah, the abuse doesn't just go with negging people, it is also the reps that aren't given because the post is good, but rather just between TRMKers who want to bump up their rep power.

like i said in the "just talk" thread, i think we should get cool bars that say "kombatant" instead of the labels, they look kinda boring now, & the bars would actually look pretty neat. & i would love a pink one with "Princess" on it ;)

I dont understand how do you have an special line saying "Princess".

I dont want to be Princess too lol, but I would like to change my line.

Administrator, actually; mods don't have that power. I can change my own, but that's it.

i'm glad rep was taken out. now if people have something offensive to say they will either:
1) not say anything, because i'll know who they are
2) say it but expect a ban.

i'm glad rep was taken out. now if people have something offensive to say they will either:
1) not say anything, because i'll know who they are
2) say it but expect a ban.

negative rep doent always have to be offensive,

but I know what you mean though, and I guess people were using - rep to say offesive things most of the time,which is why its gone

once again , "This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things"
all thanks to idiots who abused it

Ow, just got a Million positive rep from someone (Jadesterr, I believe) gotta be some kind of record, no? hehehe just kidding, apparently it caused some problems and I didn't even know what it really was so, gotta do what's gotta be done eey? L8er :)

I think Outworld's Goddess touches on the #1 reason why it was abused, because it was anonymous. If it wasn't for the abuse we would keep it around, but people started using it for negative and less for positive reasons. So I felt it had to go until a more positive only feature can be implemented.