Question about the reputation system

I had gotten like 5 dragons and 10 rep power. I thought it was pretty cool. When I got my first one I was like "Holy shit, awesome!" Oh, well. It would be cool if it returned later after the Freddy flames die down.

relax you guys. the rep system was always something most members complained about longer before MK 2011 was announced. it was only a matter of time until it was taken out, & that faithful day is today <3

Lolz I know!

But seriously, if getting rid of the rep system chills people out then more power to those who decided to abolish it for the present time. I know people who want to whine about something will find any random thing they can to whine about, but if taking rep out of the equation helps bring some measure of maturity or stops some of the in-thread rep squabbles then I'm all for it. Here's hoping.

Yup.

No longer are the days of anonymous -Reps.
Make yourselves known, b****es.

Re: Freddy Krueger Thread - 'Come To Freddy'

I love the new No Rep System, people is being 100% honest they say what they think the way they want all the time no matter how rude or dumb it its, lol

Woah I just noticed it gone. Got nothing but +rep, but this is a good thing since it prevent drama queens *****ing about getting virtual negative rep. It's pathetic.

Re: Freddy Krueger Thread - 'Come To Freddy'

I dont think the removal of the rep system is the fault of all of this, I think 90% of the problems is for the "Shitnado" created by the reveal of Freddy, it's just a coincidence since both things happened at the same time, I think people will be calmed down in a few days. *Just speculating though*

@Man Eater, Wraith meant Sheeva is ugly physically, wich I agree lol

No it isn't, actually, we have been discussing it for a few weeks now.

Wow, all this because of Freddy.

Most controversial video game character ever?

It has NOTHING to do with Freddy. At all.

We have been discussing it in the mod lounge for some time now. Pat has been rather busy so the talk stopped for a bit and then arose again about a week ago. We voted and decided we would get rid of it.

This just means more infractions for people who want to be buttheads instead of neg reps =)

So more whip cracking?

Sounds a little weak.
Small discrepancies getting punished with infractions and warnings.

Just a little FYI to everyone:

Any and all posts with just a "+rep" or "-rep" in the text field with be an automatic infraction. We got rid of this crap for a reason, no need to continue it in the actual posts.

I'd say getting rid of the rep system it is a good thing, considering its potential for abuse. If someone gets out of line, other members can simply let them know with their posts. You don't need a rep system for that. People can always express their disagreements or correct them without getting overly nasty.

So more whip cracking?

Sounds a little weak.
Small discrepancies getting punished with infractions and warnings.

aha, oh no, my dear, it wont become a nazi forum. It's just that more people will feel the need to express themselves in negative ways because they wont be able to just give someone a red square. Some people may act out more so we will be keeping a close eye on things. We wont be giving out warnings and infractions for every little post.

People also need to remember that each mod has their own way about things. Whenever we infract, warn or ban someone, it is in the staff section. Infractions and bans automatically show up and bans are posted in a thread so everyone knows who is banned, why, and for how long. If another staff member does not agree with what another one does, we discuss it. What one mod may find offensive, another one may not.

I hope this change encourages users to use the report button, rather than exercise vigilante justice with -rep. I care more about a welcoming, fair environment way more than I care about squares, skulls, and dragons.

I cant imagine my self using the report button anyway, as I never gave - rep in the first place either

and mostly, I'll just leave it for someone else to use, as I probably would never get mad about a post, unless its a trap site ( ok maybe not if its horribly funny though haha)

I cant imagine my self using the report button anyway, as I never gave - rep in the first place either
and mostly, I'll just leave it for someone else to use, as I probably would never get mad about a post, unless its a trap site ( ok maybe not if its horribly funny though haha)

You're encouraged to use the report button whenever you see anything inflammatory or offensive. Don't just wait for "someone else" to come along and do it! Trust me, it makes the forums run more smoothly and makes it easier on the mods when we all pitch in and do our part.

/soapbox