Question about the reputation system

We had this system before.

Not sure why it was changed....could be because we thought people could be more responsible with it (what a HUGE mistake that was).

I am ALL FOR changing it back to just being given out by mods so I hope Pat feels the same way. Getting sick of people being babies over SQUARES.

We wouldn't have a problem with it if people would grow up and stop taking it seriously. Some of the complaints I get are completely ridiculous. We ask for you guys to report OFFENSIVE rep, yet I lost count of how many times people PM just to get rid of a rep that isn't offensive....they just don't want to have a neg rep.

We also stopped deleted neg reps altogether because of the amount of petty complaints so we now just edit out the offensive comments and you keep the red square.

Life goes on, stop complaining about rep, people, and try focusing instead on making good posts in the forum ;)

Here we go again with people complaining about rep....as said before, we no longer delete neg reps, we just edit out offensive comments. If you are simply butthurt because you got a red square from someone who disagrees with your opinion, SUCK IT UP and if you are found to be abusing the system and handing out negative rep because you are bitter, you will be dealt with. Incredibly sad how people act over squares.

Re: Plus and Negative Rep Points

I'm way over the rep system. kind of. If rep power, dragon logos and squares have no value to the poster then why not abolish rep all together?

This is why we keep it:
Unless you're me.
I get sooo much ass because of my rep.
I just whip out my phone, google TRMK [jravenwood]
Show the fly-honey the rep points.
Penis = fondled

I'm way over the rep system. kind of. If rep power, dragon logos and squares have no value to the poster then why not abolish rep all together?

This is why we keep it:

We already went over it a few times as to why we like the rep system and want to keep it.

The problem is not the rep system itself, it's the people who keep crying over red squares. If it is offensive, let us know and we will edit out the offensive comment. If you are just butthurt that you got a red square from someone who disagrees with your post, move along (I mean 'you' in general, not you).

Some people here need to grow up, seriously. It's pathetic how mad people get when they get a red square.

Nothing more really needs to be said about this. Stop complaining here, and if you do come across an offensive post, PM a super mod and they'll handle. I don't want anyone flying off the handle under my watch over stupid rep!

We already went over it a few times as to why we like the rep system and want to keep it.

The problem is not the rep system itself, it's the people who keep crying over red squares. If it is offensive, let us know and we will edit out the offensive comment. If you are just butthurt that you got a red square from someone who disagrees with your post, move along (I mean 'you' in general, not you).Some people here need to grow up, seriously. It's pathetic how mad people get when they get a red square.

I was being sarcastic in my post. love you Jade.

Just to tack on to what Jade and RLK have already said, to the people who think it's perfectly acceptable to not only complain about the rep they got, but to complain about it in the middle of a thread that has nothing whatsoever to do with rep, STOP. That gets extremely tiresome to read and deal with over and over again. Remember that these types of comments are off-topic and only serve to derail threads and create conflicts.

If you make these types of posts, they will be deleted. If you continue to make these types of posts, expect even more negative rep and/or an infraction.

thought the mods liked the rep system,(see their posts above) yet they scapped it anyway?

oh well:roll:

Liking something isn't the only thing that the mods have to deal with. The rep system never became what the mods wanted it to be because too many of us are stupid turds. So, they had to scrap it. When you're in charge, sometimes you have to make the tough decision that something isn't working and move on.

I guess too many Freddy lovers and Boon apologists were getting -rep.

I thought the same too, but apperently its been in the works longer than that.

I wasnt even on till late last night, so I missed the butthurt agruments. But I'm sure it was both sides who were abusing it, freddy fans,and haters alike

General Ice said:
You will be pos rep or neg rep'd on your opinions, not the quality of your post.
And that's pretty much the reason why TRMK's rep system was complete ass.

Getting -150 points because some kid/mod with 150 rep power disagrees with your point of view? Give me a break. We're not in high school. That only made some people scared to express their honest opinion on various subjects. It was a form of intimidation and censorship. The most reputed members become those that are best at licking some ass and follow others like sheep.

Every other forums I go to works this way: You make a great post, you get +rep. You make a shitty post, you get -rep. Simple as that.

Awwww but my rep power made me feel so cool. LOL

Lolz I know!

But seriously, if getting rid of the rep system chills people out then more power to those who decided to abolish it for the present time. I know people who want to whine about something will find any random thing they can to whine about, but if taking rep out of the equation helps bring some measure of maturity or stops some of the in-thread rep squabbles then I'm all for it. Here's hoping.

like i said in the "just talk" thread, i think we should get cool bars that say "kombatant" instead of the labels, they look kinda boring now, & the bars would actually look pretty neat. & i would love a pink one with "Princess" on it ;)