Question about the reputation system

Re: Plus and Negative Rep Points

It used to be like that.
Only mods could hand out rep.

But the admin likes it the way it is now, at least thats what I've read.

Im used to get -rep all the time, I was REP 28 two weeks ago, now im 16, also everytime I reach rep 25 or rep 23 my rep goes automatically to rep 18 without getting -rep, It happened to me 3 times in a row, my rep never goes beyond 28, it just goes down randomly.

Im used to get -rep all the time, I was REP 28 two weeks ago, now im 16, also everytime I reach rep 25 or rep 23 my rep goes automatically to rep 18 without getting -rep, It happened to me 3 times in a row, my rep never goes beyond 28, it just goes down randomly.

I have never seen you post anything offensive. probably just trolls

Rep randomly resets.
My rep does it all the time.
Nothing to lose sleep about.

Unless you're me.
I get sooo much ass because of my rep.
I just whip out my phone, google TRMK b,b,b, lp.
Show the fly-honey the rep points.
Penis = fondled

Reactions: Eks

Man I know what you mean.. I used to have +30 and now I'm -64....

Its because there's this one loser on this site (the same guy EVERY TIME) that gives me negative rep points because he doesn't agree with me on certain things, and then he starts to say "trolling" or something... I dunno, but the ENTIRE rating system on the forums is GARBAGE!...

You should just be like me and not really care what others rep you (if its negative). I only go here for information mostly so I don't give 2 shits about what others rep me or think of me. In the end their below me anyways

:p

Rep randomly resets.

Unless you're me.
Penis = fondled

Hhahahaha

:p

I have never seen you post anything offensive. probably just trolls
Ehh people dont like my sarcasm... that's why I get a lot.

I've NEVER had a prob with Fox. You're kool in my book, mainly 'cause we both main the same fighter; sarcasm not noticed.

Rep randomly resets.
Unless you're me.
Penis = fondled

wow....lol.

I only go here for information mostly so I don't give 2 shits about what others rep me or think of me.

Nor do I really for myself. I'm just tired of uninformed people blasting others and no appreciation given when new info is gained; rep or no rep. A simple "thanks" would suffice.

Nor do I really for myself. I'm just tired of uninformed people blasting others and no appreciation given when new info is gained; rep or no rep. A simple "thanks" would suffice.

I agree!

:D

Welcome to internet forums.

You will be pos rep or neg rep'd on your opinions, not the quality of your post.

Rep means absolutely nothing to be. I just laugh when I see that I got neg reped for something someone didnt agree with

Rep means absolutely nothing to be. I just laugh when I see that I got neg reped for something someone didnt agree with

Thank you lord for some sanity.

Rep is not money. You do not get money removed from your bank account if someone neg reps you.

Rep is not a life or death situation. If you get neg repped, you don't lose that many days off of your life span.

Enjoy the darn forums, for God's sake.

Last edited:

If the negative rep points are undeserving, you can contact a mod/admin. Higher rep power usually means you've been around for a long time, actively posting, hold popular opinions, or simply kissing ass. In other words, it's not an indication of the quality of your posts. I take far more stock in what people say, not their rep power. Intelligent posts and a civil tones, even if I disagree with his/her views is more deserving of respect than the typical fanboy drivel.

- rep should be given out for excessive profanity

Punished for profanity? Nah, that's why there's a word filter. Plus I swear all the time, so **** that.

Like B,B,B,LP said, we had a system years ago that was similar to what you're describing. The current rep system is actually quite a bit more complex, though. I have no idea if it would even be possible to restrict rep that way, but, the administrators haven't shown any interest in changing it, so that's pretty much all there is to say. Still, even if it was changed, people would find a reason to complain about it.

If anyone is having problems with what they feel is undeserved rep, they can PM a super mod or admin to take a look at it, as FlawlessVictor said, but that's about the extent of what you're going to get. Sorry. You're better off just not taking reputation seriously.

If you're not pissing people off, you're doing something wrong, but if what you're suggesting were put in place, it would only represent the staff's opinion of you, and they like to follow the "if you can say anything nice" rule rather than be honest like the rest of us.

Also, the rep you get from someone scales depending on their rep. If someone with a high rep, gives you rep, it will have a bigger impact than someone with a lower rep. Those of us with a high rep are more seasoned members, so we're not gonna run around giving rep without warrant and people who are here just to troll have virtually no impact on your rating, and I think that makes it pretty fair.

Rep randomly resets.

Unless you're me.
Penis = fondled

+rep for this

Last edited:

i have a question if i was to rep someone it would give them a little rep but if BB gave rep it would give alot right.

were do i stand high,low,middle?