Question about the reputation system

Can anyone explain for me the logic behind the "spread some reputation around before giving it to X again" feature? I mean, I get the reasoning behind it, but is it really my fault that I'm continually inspired by the same people's posts? What are the exact requirements before I can rep the same user again?

Rep about 10 others before you can get the same person again. It is so people don't 'spam' one person with rep. Spread the love :p

My messages say I should have 32 rep. Yet it always shows up as 0. I gave up trying to figure it out.

The rep power and rep points do not add up the same. For every certain amount of rep points you get, the rep power goes up. I don't know exactly how much it is and the rep stuff is all messed up, anyways, so, yeah, pay no attention to it.

10?? That's insane. Can't it at least be tempered by a time limit or something? Like after a week or something I can rep them again regardless of who else I've repped?

lol whoever asked if i like negative rep and gave me some more, i really dont care, i come here to read other peoples opinions and voice a few of my own.

10?? That's insane. Can't it at least be tempered by a time limit or something? Like after a week or something I can rep them again regardless of who else I've repped?

lol, you are upset over how many other people you have to rep before repping the same person?

You can spread rep to the other people and then rep the same person in the same day....Just don't go abusing the system and neg repping people for no reason......there are a lot of good posts here, I am sure you can find some to rep.

Ehhh, not trying to be a jerk but rep is such a small thing and being upset about any aspect of it is kinda sad.....:/

This is just surreal. Just the other day my wife was getting all jealous because she thought I was just getting on here to respond to your posts, and I had to reassure her that there's nothing going on between us. Now, I wake up this morning and find that you and I are fighting like a married couple. Twilight Zone much?

I don't want to fight with you. Can we just make up now?

I am not sure what you see as 'fighting'. I am explaining to you how the rep is and wondering why you are upset over how many times you have to spread rep before hitting the same person again. Sorry but I see it as no big deal, to be honest. Spread the love a little, then get back to the person you want to rep.

So close to 100

Soon all your souls will be mine :twisted:

Oh, just got another +rep.
Good, good
goodgood.gif

I don't know, but I'm getting a negative reputation from some random ass hole
all it say is this:

Thread: N/A
stfu

....how mature
It doesnt even show his name

If you take it to a mod, and they see it justifiable, they will remove his negative rep from you.

It doesnt really matter that much to me, but I do find it annoying how it doesnt show the name of the user, or thread.

Not sure why it doesn't show the thread, but there is a reason it is anonymous.

If it showed people's name, there would be rivalries, flame wars and "rep wars".
People spamming eachother's rep because they think red and green squares determine their worth :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about you, I'm speaking in general.

I don't know, but I'm getting a negative reputation from some random ass hole
all it say is this:

Thread: N/A
stfu

....how mature
It doesnt even show his name

N/A means the thread was deleted.

If you have any issues with offensive rep like that, PM a mod (preferably a super mod, which is anyone with an orange name, because regular mods can't fix the rep). I will look into that one. It's fine that you don't care (though you do because you brought it up ;) ), but I am gonna look at it and see who did it, anyways, because we don't allow rude rep comments like that.

The reason why we do not allow you guys to see the names is to prevent grudges between people.

Plus and Negative Rep Points

This is pretty much a message for the mods/admins--

I think all +/- rep points distribution should be the sole responsability of you guys! I am soo sick of reading threads where I see "gtfo troll" or "you don't know what your talking about" and neg points are given.

- rep should be given out for excessive profanity, which on occasion, i'm guilty of, or "flaming" someone.
+ rep should be given out for research-backed/detailed/informative posts.
I don't recall ever neg. repping anyone but if I agree with an opinion or know something to be true I'll plus rep them.

I haven't recieved too much neg rep or any feedback/rep for some of my posts but for others it's gotten out of control IMO.

I did my homework on some mk dlc via Boon's twitter, game mags, E3, and dev interviews and because someone was not privied to the info or just went around neg. repping people I got targeted.
Question: how easy would it be to go back to the old way of administering rep points?

Readers:No need to rep me either way, no need to repond; only if you wish. If a mod could respond either on this thread or pm I'd appreciate it.