the massive mk community smoke poll

poll is closed. 60-40 human-ninja (about 300-200 votes).
80% want him with smoke effect
about 70% want him without axe weapon
i think ppl will be more welcoming to a cyborg smoke if he is really done in detail.

i have a gut feeling they will put cyborg smoke and everyone starts freaking out 'we wanted human smoke' 'why is he cyborg im not buying the game'. but then theres human smoke as well as a secret unlockable.

Maybe a human costume and a cyborg costume? Or maybe in the story, Sub-Zero and Smoke run away. Smoke is caught, but Sub-Zero saves him mid-transfer. Smoke is like half/half. Then Smoke prevents Scorpion killing older Subby. Maybe, just a thought. But then again. I did like Smoke's story in MKD. When Noob finds him and reprograms him. I just realized Noob must've remembered him from his past. Wow cool. Anyway, just an idea.

Make him human story line wise, Cyborg costume as alternate costume or DLC. No more questions asked, they did the same thing in MK Deception & MK Armageddon, except its vice versa, storyline hes cyborg, but included human form as alternate costume.

some of human smoke moves would look awkward in cyborg. i think he should be human then it makes sense for cyrax and sektor, one was programmed to catch sub-zero and one was programmed to catch smoke.

I actually liked Cyber Smoke better for some reason, probably because it rounded out Sektor and Cyrax. I'm not opposed to Human Smoke, I'd just rather see Cyber version. He probably will be Cyber in this version because that's how he was introduced in MK3...will likely get Human as his alternate outfit but canonically is automated.

I think he will be canonically human because of his appearance in MK2. That's where he helps his friend Sub-Zero to assassinate Shang Tsung. That's because I think that we will see him as human in any case because of the beginning of his story. Then in story mode there are different ways. They could show Sub and Smoke run away from their clan because of the danger becoming a cyborg. If they both success so Smoke still stays human or he will be caught by Sektor and Cyrax who bring him back to the Lin Quei where he becomes cyborg.
I would like Smoke to stay human. He should get his cool ninja look with some effects and become more individualistic. I'dont need three same cyborgs.
But if Smoke will look like in MKD and MKA then I would even prefer Cyborg because I hate this cloud-smoke

I think which ever one you started with is the one you prefer (case in point celtipr), us who first saw him in MK2, were probably disappointed that our gray ninja was now a purple robot, especially when we beat MK3 with him and they said he became human again. I never played any of the games post UMK3, but I think in the other games he is just a prop for other characters, with no real story of his own.

I'm partial to Robo Smoke, but I'll take either. Smoke not being automated would be an interesting twist for the new timeline. Plus, he'll need some new moves to be a decent character anyway, so whatever they come up with will likely be totally different than either one we remember...

Are there any good websites where fans have drawn up their designs of smoke - both human and cyborg?
Id love to see their designs and characteritics that theyd include.
I would love to see more of human smoke too. especially with his former design - not the MKD design. Something wasnt right there.

Im not really fussed which one they choose but for some reason i prefer him to be cyborg but im not saying that i dont want to see the human version

Are there any good websites where fans have drawn up their designs of smoke - both human and cyborg?
Id love to see their designs and characteritics that theyd include.
I would love to see more of human smoke too. especially with his former design - not the MKD design. Something wasnt right there.

Here? I was planning on saving that design for when it's actually posed and painted, but what the hell.

Here? I was planning on saving that design for when it's actually posed and painted, but what the hell.

That your design K1LL? It's pretty damn cool.

It's very different from most other smoke models. He looks like he's not fully automated and it's really intriguing. I can almost see a backstory through his design alone. The automated parts obviously suggest he did not escape the lin kuei initially, but somehow got out of it mid transformation. The scraps of cloth he's wearing make him look like a refugee, hiding out from his pursuers.

I really like it!

Yeah, I've got a concept for everyone that NR hasn't shown yet, aside from Kintaro. I need to start a thread that lets everyone else vote on who they want to start next. Follow my twitter in my sig for updates that I don't post here :)

Yeah, I've got a concept for everyone that NR hasn't shown yet, aside from Kintaro. I need to start a thread that lets everyone else vote on who they want to start next. Follow my twitter in my sig for updates that I don't post here :)

Sounds like an awesome idea! I'll check that out soon.