• game on

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • i dont like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nokidding

BANALITY
team deathmatch.. suggestion similar to mw2

team (8 players) each pick a character and battle another team (8 players) online 1v1. one person from each team would be fighting while the rest spectates. winner continues with health remained in his life bar.
online modes:
1. team deathmatch - players in a lobby are organised into two teams.
2. able to invite players to play a private match with/against your clan.

Last edited:
Since you mentioned tekken team battle mode, im 100% down for this, cuz that mode was freaking FUN. and yeah, no health boosting cuz then that would be completely stupid, tekken did that which made it a little unfair.

I believe Ed Boon did say something like that would be in the Online Multiplayer. There are rooms in which you can join and watch others battle and who ever wins the battle continues playing and the next person in line to play challenges the winner. It's supposed to be like waiting your turn in an Arcade line watching the others fight to the death.

I believe Ed Boon did say something like that would be in the Online Multiplayer. There are rooms in which you can join and watch others battle and who ever wins the battle continues playing and the next person in line to play challenges the winner. It's supposed to be like waiting your turn in an Arcade line watching the others fight to the death.

Yeah you are correct, but i dont think you understand what "nokidding's" concept is, have you ever played any tekken games' team battle mode? The concept is that, theres teams of 8 players, one player fights another player and whoever the winner is fights the next player on the opposing team, but at the same time the winner fights with the same health they left off with. the team who's members all get defeated loses.

someone pls let mk team know mk'ers want this mode. tweet or facebook someone in mk then get back to us on here!!

Last edited:
And if anything, make it offline as well, this would be a great party mode for when you have all your gamer buddies over!

anyone whos a member of mk midway forums pls make the same thread of this with the title: poll: team deathmatch mode. mk team said they troll the forums every once in a while. i'd have done it myself but was perma banned and the reason was i said mk should have some techno music or some catchy music (a bit like sf) and i think i went a little too far lol

The only problem with this would be everyone wanting to host so they don't have to wait. They should limit the rooms or do it location based so to keep lag to a minimum.

Actually just make it where this room gets to 10 just open a new room. If there's then a room of four and a full room loses four combine them. Or just mJd sure it gets consolidated.

I would love watching others play to try and learn something new.

Dude, thats already happening, Boon already mentioned that theres gonna be rooms and stuff where you play in online, and you wait your turn to fight, exactly like an arcade, winner goes on, and if its not your turn to fight yet, you watch the current fight going on, and you can also comment and give respect points.

yeah in mw2 it chooses the best host before a game and when that host leaves it chooses best host available. and a player can only host if he starts a private match. also when a lobby needs more players, the lobby merges with another lobby.

Dude, thats already happening, Boon already mentioned that theres gonna be rooms and stuff where you play in online, and you wait your turn to fight, exactly like an arcade, winner goes on, and if its not your turn to fight yet, you watch the current fight going on, and you can also comment and give respect points.

I know, I was just saying how I would love doing that.

i like the idea, but how is this like mw2?
I also kind of like the thought of each player matches up against another player from the opposite team. Not winner goes on style, but team1 player1 fights team2 player1 while team1 player2 fights team2 player2 and so on. Team with the most wins gets the round and there can be multiple rounds. In case of a tie (2 wins to 2 wins etc.) there can be a number of options. Maybe a tiebreaker in which one random player from each team fights for the round.
I hope that description wasn't too confusing.
A slight variation of OP's idea, but i think it'd be fun. It almost adds a sort of personal feel to your fight.

Agreed 100%. I hope we get many online options like a real tournament, instead of playing against the AI, you play against let's say 7 human opponents then you fight the bosses if you manage to have 7 winning streaks (online option).

A College Basketball style 64 man tournament online. That would be bad ass. One match, winner moves on loser finds something else to do. Watch all the games, scout people you could be fighting soon, pray someone D/C here and there lol

A College Basketball style 64 man tournament online. That would be bad ass. One match, winner moves on loser finds something else to do. Watch all the games, scout people you could be fighting soon, pray someone D/C here and there lol

That would be awesome bro! reminds me of 8 player tournament kombat from UMK3 & MK Trilogy! Tournament mode should be a must, and they should even hold like special tournaments and stuff like that, depending on your ranking and stuff, and at the end of each month or something, depending on your rank, they should hold tournaments to determine the best of that ranking for that month, and the winner from each tournament gets an automatic ranking boost!

Yeah that's a great idea, I mean we could really take this to the next level with competitions and stuff to constantly show who's got it and who doesn't. Even some kind of prize system attached for longest combo during the event, or most damage dealt, and I'm sure there's other things maybe something like different moves performed or something so as to award someone who knows the character in and out compared to someone who just uses the same set of moves over and over.

@Hansplusmatic
i would like it if it was like a tournament. 2 rounds, all 8 players matched against 8
players in other team. people who die along the way can choose any match to watch. (first round, semi final, final)
2. one round, 1v1 while rest spectates. winner continues with remaining life.
so team tournament or team deathmatch?

Last edited:
@Hansplusmatic
i would like it if it was like a tournament. 2 rounds, all 8 players matched against 8
players in other team. people who die along the way can choose any match to watch. (first round, semi final, final)
2. one round, 1v1 while rest spectates. winner continues with remaining life.
so team tournament or team deathmatch?

I'd be happy either way. Something along the lines of team battles should definitely be implemented into multiplayer. They haven't mentioned anything about it though, so we might not see anything like this especially because there is only a few months left for development.

Last edited:
i think team battle mode (whichever one) is needed so theres more variety not everyone online wants to play ladder mode or tag team, there'll be thousands of us online. team battle mode has 16 players in one match. and if theres 10 lobbies, thats 160 players.

woop woop picking up black ops shortly. will say if they made big improvements from mw2 and can it be used to improve team battle mode

Last edited by a moderator:
split-screen for team tournament - all the players who die in first round can watch semi final in split screen.

local matchmaking - you can set regional filters so that only the server finds people in your local area, country etc. this should help lag issues

Last edited: