Story called "Old Wounds Reopened"

BecomingDeath13

I apologize for its length everyone. It's so long I had too double post. Sorry :( I was writing this the past 2 hours though and I'd really like some feedback from anyone who can keep their interest through the whole thing. Thanks in advance.

Old wounds reopened
At home a man by the name of Allen sits down to watch the television as an urgent news report airs. "Okay, we've got some bad news for the town of Bakersfield. It appears that we've had quite a bit of dead bodies found in a very short time frame. We believe there is a mass murderer loose right here in this very town. Everyone this is urgent, Lock your doors, windows do everything that you possibly can to prevent anyone from entering your homes. Otherwise get the hell out of Bakersfield and find somewhere safe.. This is very important you must GO NOW!
*chattering off cam*
Okay, we just got word that apparently we've gotten some cameras in place at a local restaurant and the scene is just disturbing.. This is not for the feint of heart.. Your kids may wanna leave the room now. Patching it through in 5...4...3...2...
*image comes up on screen*
Okay as you can see here Oh god its just terrible. There is blood everywhere and... It's almost like a slaughterhouse. The body's are mangled and torn and the sight here is just so gruesome. Who could possibly commit such an act"??
*Cable feed statics and then dies..*
Hearing a thud from the back of the house Allen runs to check it out. In the laundry room he finds a note attached to a wall with a bloody knife. He removes the knife and reads the note.

"I've been looking for you... Allen. Do you remember me? I sure remember you. You stole my girlfriend from me. It doesn't make me happy. For 15 years I've sat and envisioned. Each and every way I wanted too get back at you. My anger and hatred has been consuming me more and more each and every second of each and every day. Till I just.... I JUST SNAPPED HAHAHAHAHAHA.. Now its my turn to find pleasure in other peoples torment. I hope you liked that news alert that you were watching. I know I sure did. Watch your back Allen I'll be waiting for you".

Allen puts down the letter as it all begins too sink in. One little kiss 15 years ago placed on the lips of someone that wasn't even in a relationship. Some girl Daniel was obsessed with. The names of the deceased so far have been determined and that girl was not on the list. Allen determines that she has got to be his next target. He knows she's out of town visiting her family. He grabs his keys and rushes out the door starting up his truck. He floors it out of the driveway and starts heading toward Jessica's location. He's forced to slow down and weave in and out of debris. Destroyed cars, crumpled motor bikes, and disheveled bodies that litter the ground. Daniel's maniacal and destructive path is almost impassible by automobile, but Allen finds a way through. "All this cannot possibly be the work of one single person ", thinks Allen. Thats when he sees it. This man a friend of his named Jeff is being chased by a guy shrouded in a black robe and hood carrying a machete. Allen jumps out of the car because of debris blocking the way and runs off trying to aid the man, but they are so far in the distance it may be impossible to catch him in time. By the time that thought entered Allen's mind the guy in black launched the machete from his hand and it impacts the jeff in his back. Jeff falls too the ground screaming in agony as the killer steps forward. He straddles the victim rips the machete out of his back causing another blood curdling scream. Opening his robe the hooded man reaches in and removes a steel wire. He grabs Jeffs head and hooks the wire against his throat. He places his foot on the back of the victims head and starts slowly sawing through the mans throat, blood spewing everywhere. He saws deeper and deeper into the throat more and more blood oozing out until finally.. pop. The head sliced free from the body. The hooded man sensing someone behind him turns and faces Allen. He removes his hood to reveal that he is far from human.. He borders the line of demonic looking. Throwing the severed head at Allen who covers his face and ducks to avoid it. The man vanishes into thin air. Gone just as quickly as he appeared.

Shaken by everything that just happened Allen finds another nearby vehicle on the other side of the debris with keys still in the ignition... It's Jeffs. Covered with blood the cars interior is, but it is functional and thats what Allen needs. He speeds off into through the rest of the day and well into the night. He stops at a convenience store for some sustenance and he grabs a map from the counter. As he's about to exit the store an employee yells "HEY you've gotta pay for that"!! Allen turns around and walks toward the man saying, "I'm sorry, with the blood on the floor I thought everyone was dead". "No", said the employee, "that isn't blood". "There were some wannabe bad asses in here earlier and they squirted out all the red hair dye". Allen apologizes and procedes to pay for the items. At that time he noticed the man has yet to blink and finds it a bit strange. He asks about it and gets no response. Not even an acknowledgement of his question. Allen reaches forward and the employee falls to the ground. A shrouded man behind him is spotted and releases a smoke screen to get away but Allen grabs him through it and throws him on the ground. He grabs a nearby pipe and stabs the figures eyes out. The figure doesn't make a sound and throws Allen off of him and into a shelf of cereal that falls over. The smokey man now blind reaches around for something he can use as a weapon. While he's doing that Allen gets up and grabs the guys neck from behind and snaps it. The smokey figure collapses too the floor. Allen then turns his attention to the employee that fell earlier. He notices a rip in the back of his shirt and that the entire back of his skull is missing.. There's just a wooden stick. He rips the shirt off the victim and finds a completely hollowed out back and spine.. The wooden stick running all the way down.. He wasn't an employee.. He was a human puppet. Completely grossed out by it Allen falls back and vomits uncontrollably. After about ten minutes pass he finally gets his composure back he heads out the door which slams behind him. He here's a snap and thinks nothing of it and gets in the car. However back in the store the smokey figures neck has twisted back into place and his destroyed eyes seemingly have dissolved into themselves as new ones formed. The figure gets up and watches as Allen drives away. After a pause the figure vanishes in a puff of smoke.

Back in the car with Allen he reaches down and turns on the radio. Another news report is out and he seems disheartened by the news. The deaths have already begun in Greenville... The city that Jessica is in. Allen has to act fast if he isn't already too late.. He floors the pedal going wide open. He gets about five miles away from the town and out of no where a deer carcass comes flying through the windshield. Allen trying to protect himself loses controll of the vehicle as its sent into a long barrel roll. After the rolling subsides the car is upside down and Allen crawls from the driver side window. Luckily wearing his safety belt he wasn't badly hurt. He's go some pretty bad cuts but nothing too serious. He rips up pieces of his shirt and ties them around the wounds to put pressure on them. He then begins limping for the remainder of the five miles. In about an hour he makes it into town. Feeling a little better he's no longer limping and he's shocked by the next thing he sees. Houses are gone.. Collapsed and destroyed. Gas stations on fire and bodys strewn everywhere. He even noticed a body hanging by the throat from the stop lights. It looks like his best friend Emile. Trying to stay strong Allen gathers his thoughts and pushes on. He makes no more then 3 steps and is confronted by a being that fell from the sky making a crater in the ground. With an evil laugh he speaks. Well well well, Allen I see you've made it this far. Looking for your girlfriend? Wait, maybe I should say MY girlfriend you stole.. Well your too late. Her and her family are gone. Face it man. You were just too slow. "DANIEL", shouts Allen. "Hahaha, let me interupt you. I have no interest in hearing what you have too say. In fact, let me describe exactly how I finished off your girlfriend and her family. I get there and wouldn't you know it, they were all home watching the news thinking some insane person was making all those murders. I even heard her say that she hoped you were okay. HAHAHAHA, pathetic. Anyway, I walked straight through the front door. Her dad grabbed a shotgun because apparently I was trespassing. Hm? Jessica? I said and she responded.. Daniel??? OMG What's happened too you? I just laughed and conjured up my minions. Her father shot them, and in turn shot at me. Went right through me. Obviously confused he asked what I was. I said nothing. Just raised my hand in the air and clenched a tight fist. His body exploded all over Jess. She screamed and started crying. Her mother was there to console her but only for a few seconds. She to followed her husbands fate. Then I turned my attention too your girl. Should of been my love. I used my powers to push her against the wall and shackle her in place. She struggled oh did she struggle too get free. It just wasn't gonna happen though. I levitated in and gave her a kiss. That really pissed her off. Then it was time too finish the job. I dug my fingers into her eye sockets and ripped both of her eyes out. Oh you should of heard her scream for you Allen. It was disgusting. Then I took my knife and I cut out her tongue. I got so tired of hearing your name I just didn't want her making sounds anymore. I took my knife then and I cut off each and ever one of her fingers. Oh you should of seen all the blood. Then I sliced her stomach and ripped out her intestines. Bored of playing with her I take my hand force it into her neck and rip her throat out. Her body falls limp and then I just vaporize her. Here don't take my word for it. I recorded it all for you".

After watching the video Allen falls too his knees and vomits blood. He's basically lost all of his will too fight, but he knows he has too avenge Jessica's death. He has to get retribution. He staggers too his feet and lunges at Daniel who floats out of the way laughing. "As much as I'd love too fight you and kill you off for good, I'd much rather give you a tour of the nice job I've done with this city first. If you want your revenge then its gonna be great fun buddy".

Daniel disappears and Allen continues on through the town wonder how he could possibly defeat such power. He marches on and gets too Jessica's home. Both of her parents lay dead and she is nowhere to be found. Her eyes, tongue, fingers, and intestines are still strewn about though. "So it is true, she really is dead", thought Allen. " I must get my revenge", he shouts and leaves the home. Immediately after leaving he gets ambushed by the smokey figure.. Allen is amazed that the being is still alive with a broken neck hanging sideways on his body. Eventhough the figure got its eyes back Allen was not gonna go down w/o a fight. He finds the shotgun laying at the steps edge and picks it up. He bashes the smoke figure with the butt of the gun and it backs away for a moment giving him the time he needs to raise the gun and fire it right at the his face. The figure falls limp on the ground with its face blown out the back of its skull. "This was way too easy", Allen thought. So he makes sure this smokey figure doesn't return by ripping out its heart and destroying it. On the body though he finds a book full of incantations and spells that give power. However you have to have experience at each of the levels before you get any powers and an alignment with the devil. Being nothing Allen can actually use himself, he does find an interesting piece of information. "The massive power does have a weakness. Only one way can someone actually harm them. In order to do this Allen must find the Medallion of Invulnerability and destroy it. The medallion itself cannot be wielded by anyone using the power however. Meaning Daniel doesn't have the medallion with him, but for the magic to work it has too be nearby. There must be someway he's keeping it close and not touching it. Then Allen gets an Idea... HIS MINIONS!! Daniels minions are the key. The book says one of a total of 3 minions carrys the medallion for his leader. So far we have the black hooded and robed minion, and the smokey one. That leaves one more.. He must be the keeper of the medallion. He's gotta be close.

After hours and hours upon searching for something he can't seem to find the demonic being anywhere. He does spot something out of the corner of his eye. There's a dead body dressed in similar clothing as the first two minions. He searches the body and cant find anything. Daniel then appears laughing maniacally. "You fool, you can't honestly defeat me. You don't have the power, you don't have the will, you don't have brains too even outsmart me". Allen getting an epiphany realizes that the carrier of the medallion doesn't ever carry it. It's inside them. Where all the knowledge is kept. In your body's computer. Its the brain... "Allen, catch" says Daniel throwing a meat cleaver at him. Allen barely dives out of the way in time, but he realizes Daniel just made a huge mistake. He just gave Allen the means of Destroying the medallion. Allen quickly cracks open the corpses skull with the cleaver and takes out the brain. Daniel yells, "NOOO and shoots lightning at allen who gets hit and temporarily paralyzed. As Daniel floats in close to try and finish off Allen, Allen takes the cleaver and barely gets a slice through the brain before Daniel administers the death blow. Daniel falls from the air and trys to catch his composure. Allen jumps up and cuts at Daniels stomach who takes the hit and backs off. Now Daniel rips a sword from his robe and swings at Allen who gets nicked in the shoulder. Allen again lunges forward and misses. Daniel thrusts downward at Allen and catches him in his calf and pierces it all the way through. Nothing left to lose Daniel wills himself up too his feet and catches his breath. Daniel and Allen both lunge forward for a final attack. As both weapons drop to the pavement... So does a head.
-Adam Driver-

Sorry man......i made it through the first sentence....and suddenly..........i remembered i had an appointment to stare at the floor for a while.