GameTrailers Reveal: Jax/The Subway

Who would that be?

mortalkombata.jpg

The only unannounced characters it CAN'T be-
Baraka
Raiden
Kabal (unless before he had his mask/was deformed)
Smoke Robot
Sindel
Lui Kang
Sheeva
Rain
Jade
Kano

Possible choices are-
Sonya (most likely)
Stryker
Shang Tsung, MK2 style? - maybe what looks like light hair is actually his head cap
some form of Ermac?
young Subzero brother without a mask?
a human Smoke without mask
Sareena - looks similar to the pic here

i went back to the gametrailers
and to me it sound like hector said that shao kahn won armegddon
so taven never won?

can anyone help me out?

i went back to the gametrailers
and to me it sound like hector said that shao kahn won armegddon
so taven never won?

can anyone help me out?

That's what they seem to be saying, yeah. Kahn was on the verge of killing Raiden and being able to overtake all the realms, so that would imply that he "won" MKA.

Jax i am pretty satisfied with. But why does he have to have a machine gun still strapped to his back. MK team if you have time remove it please!!!! If u want to give him a weapon give him 2 Barrettas on his hips win holsters. I think that would look better neway.
As for his fatality, even tho it wasnt shown i am curious to how off it will look. I think if it goes the way i imagine it in my head i cant complain. (rips arms off n smashes victims head with there own severed arms)

I wanted Jax not to have the bionic arms but I like what they have done with the character's moves and personality. I can't wait to see his fatality's.

sorry guys....
i need direct link for download....i cant open the source in gametrailer....can someone help me and give me the direct lonk of high quality and low quality of video from gametrailers??
thank you....

The only unannounced characters it CAN'T be-
Baraka
Raiden
Kabal (unless before he had his mask/was deformed)
Smoke Robot
Sindel
Lui Kang
Sheeva
Rain
Jade
Kano

Possible choices are-
Sonya (most likely)

We are accustomed for Sonya to have a touch of Green in her outfit since MK 1, this one seems to have blue/purple colors and I don't think this character wears a beret.

It looks like a girl. At first glance i thought kitana because of the blue-ish color. Obviously, there is no mask so it's probably not her. My guess would be Sonya.

Anyways..A little off topic...the mortal kombat website has two days remainig on the countdown. Does anybody have an idea what will be revealed or will we just get further access to the rest of the site?

Jax looks quick and strong and nice moves but he'll always be on my bottom favorites. Like the Subway arena, them papers flying around after the Sub-Zero face mash says so screwed on it, lol.

Re: Jax & subway confirmed!

20r8njc.jpg

2e6akpw.jpg

pictures pulled from
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=127702

Boon also confirmed mini games will return, but did not specify any.

Quick question about Jax. Is his arms completely replaced with robotic arms or are they just in cased in some kind of bio-mechanical armor and his real arms still intact under all that metal. I always thought it was the later but this new Jax seems to have skin growing over the tops of them and hoses or wires running in his neck that makes it seem as if they are full robotic.

Quick question about Jax. Is his arms completely replaced with robotic arms or are they just in cased in some kind of bio-mechanical armor and his real arms still intact under all that metal. I always thought it was the later but this new Jax seems to have skin growing over the tops of them and hoses or wires running in his neck that makes it seem as if they are full robotic.

Nah, its not full robotic, your second idea is correct! Maybe they just did that for extra detailing, but by no means jax has completely robotic arms.

The only time Jax' arms are removable, aside from another character tearing them off, is in the Annihilation movie.

MK3 said:
In failing to convince his superiors of the coming Outworld invasion, Jax prepares to covertly for the future battle with Kahn's minions. He fits both arms with indestructible bionic implants. This is a war Jax is prepared to win.
Dictionary.com said:
bi·on·ic

/baɪˈɒn
thinsp.png
ɪk/ Spelled [bahy-on-ik]
–adjective
1. utilizing electronic devices and mechanical parts to assist humans in performing difficult, dangerous, or intricate tasks, as by supplementing or duplicating parts of the body: The scientist used a bionic arm to examine the radioactive material.

2. Informal . having superhuman strength or capacity.

3. of or pertaining to bionics.

Dictionary.com said:
im·plant

v. ɪmˈplænt, -ˈplɑnt; n. ˈɪmˌplænt, -ˌplɑnt/ Spelled[v. im-plant, -plahnt; n. im-plant, -plahnt]
–verb (used with object)
1. to put or fix firmly: to implant sound principles in a child's mind.

2. to plant securely.

3. Medicine/Medical . to insert or graft (a tissue, organ, or inert substance) into the body.

–noun 4. Medicine/Medical
a. any device or material, esp. of an inert substance, used for repairing or replacing part of the body.

b. medication or radioactive material inserted into tissue for sustained therapy.

c. implantation ( def. 1 ) .

5. Dentistry . a. an artificial tooth that has been inserted permanently into the jaw.

b. a metal framework attached to the bones of the jaw for supporting artificial teeth.

An implant is placed inside and attached to human framework. If they were an indestructible Exoskeleton, then they would be removable. Jax' bionic implants are permanent and always have been.

A little late, but those wires you see from his neck? It's his dogtag.

Well, she has breasts so we know it's a girl. Let's see the possibilities.
It can't be Jade (Too white and no green)
It's not that red woman Boon teased us with (no red. duh der der)
Not Tanya (Tanya's not in MK 1-3, plus she's too white to be tanya)
Not Kira (Kira's not in MK 1-3 and no red hair)

My four predictions in order from least likely to most likely.
Least? They completely re-did Lei Mei's look and decided to put her in the game early and not as DLC
They gave Frost normal hair and put her in the game early and not as DLC

The next two are tied. This is either Sonya or Sindel.
Either they accidentally showed us Sonya and put her in a Nina Williams esque spy/spec ops soldier kind of getup without her traditional hatwear

Or this is Sindel with less exaggerated hair in a purple costume. I can't tell if the eyes are white or not (the hair looks white due to the picture quality, which could also be a light blonde aka Sonya) but considering events are changing story-wise, maybe Sindel never dies. And considering Edenians never age, Kitana's mother could look just as busty, young and beutiful as her daughter despite Kitana being 10000 and Sindel being even older.

NOW ON TO JAX/SUBWAY
The only thing I don't like about Jax (and some other MK characters) is that nobody has as cool a win pose as Scorpion. I mean I LOVE scorpion but give the other characters as cool a pose as him! The closest one is Mileena's with her jumping at the screen with her teeth out. And Nightwolf's axe toss and lightning strike pose.
Jax's is one of the worst in my opinion.

As for the machine gun, I like it on him. I wish it was sideways on his lower back area instead, cause it looks weird just magically floating on Jax's bare back. But a machine gun ranged attack sounds cool to me (they wouldn't put it on him if he didn't use it I bet) and since Jax is a close range grab type I think a ranged attack would be nice for him. Besides that cool new purple pulse beam he's got goin on. Also I can think of some pretty grisly fatalities that use a machine gun :) His fatality arm ripping and head smash sounds awesome, and his xray is brutal. I like his appearance for the most part, it seems a little less soldier ish to me which is good and bad. The grisly look kind of fits this game better though. As for the subway, I was always akin more to areas where you can see the sky or environment, like the bridge or rooftop. But I have to say that the new subway will be one of my more played levels, cause this was the second stage fatality i wanted to see badly in this game (after deadpool's, I wanna see DEADPOOL'S!!!) and i am not disappointed at all.

Btw about the shadowing thing? I think they were trying to say that they even shadowed the backround arenas to a great extent. And they were saying that back in 1992 they couldn't do these shadowing things, and now they can, and it's amazing.

SO EXCITED!:hail:

Okay about the character on the screen behind hans, weve all come to the realization its sonya, please refer to the "character revelation thread" so i dont have to explain my reasons here please!