GameTrailers Reveal: Jax/The Subway

Re: Jax & subway confirmed!

how awesome is that.....

The character and arena I wanted both confirmed!!!

Subway looks alright cud be better though

Re: GameTrailers

Who would that be?

mortalkombata.jpg

I love to see that I'm not the only one to notice that. And thank you for the capture ;)

Btw, I believe that it's Sindel :)

Last edited:

Jax is great! top 3D model and his arms suits him well. The Uzi on his back is a superficial detail, he would be better without it.
The stage fatality is perfect, nothing to say about it, I really like that it's divided in two parts. Flawless !

Last edited:

Wow, that Subway fatality is awesome! Great new twist on a classic :D

Jax also looks pretty great! His arms look much better then they used to and we always knew he was going to be in :)

Oh and I loved Sub-Zero's spine rip - so gruesome!!

Ah this is so awesome, here's hoping they can save Jax' character this time around and not make him stereotypical.

Ah this is so awesome, here's hoping they can save Jax' character this time around and not make him stereotypical.

you did see the flag right? and you heard the 'oh yeah!' after the gotcha grab, and you saw him kiss his muscles right??

i like the first part of ssubway stage fatality but can a female characters throw a big and heavy guy across the stage like jax does? mmm

you did see the flag right? and you heard the 'oh yeah!' after the gotcha grab, and you saw him kiss his muscles right??

That's how Jax was meant to be, that's not stereotypical. Stereotypical is when he acts like a thug instead of a trained leader, defending his country. Jax has always represented his country(America), as the flag was used in his select screen pic etc. in MK2 and 3. Also, he's always taunted and said his little catch phrases. This is by far the best Jax since MK3/MK4.

i like the first part of ssubway stage fatality but can a female characters throw a big and heavy guy across the stage like jax does? mmm

This is Mortal Kombat we're talking about here, since when are we trying to make sense and logic out of everything? The females have always been equally capable of doing inhuman tasks, just as much as the males do. Regardless, it's all in good fun anyways.

That's how Jax was meant to be, that's not stereotypical. Stereotypical is when he acts like a thug instead of a trained leader, defending his country. Jax has always represented his country(America), as the flag was used in his select screen pic etc. in MK2 and 3. Also, he's always taunted and said his little catch phrases. This is by far the best Jax since MK3/MK4.

This is Mortal Kombat we're talking about here, since when are we trying to make sense and logic out of everything? The females have always been equally capable of doing inhuman tasks, just as much as the males do. Regardless, it's all in good fun anyways.

Yes, BlackCyborg, i totally agree : This is the Best Jax since MK2 !! He totally awesome... and i'm not a great Jax lover !
I don't think he is stereotypical at all... He is just "bigger than life", and i love this little "Kurt Angle touch" with your national flag :)

The Subway fatality is excellent and have a good balanced between fun and gore = It's hilarous and sick, i love it ! It doesn't matter if the animation is the same with a female character...

As disappointed I am that it's Jax, just because I don't really like him, I am glad that it leaves the website character as an additional one to be revealed!

Eks said:
Damn. The Subway Fatality is painful to watch.

I agree.

That's the way that I want Mortal Kombat to be.
Painful and brutal.

BTW:
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that Ed Boon mentioned Tag-Team Fatalities, as a possibility? :)

Last edited:
Seriously, I LOVED that touch with the American Flag in Jax's victory pose. That was just ****ing brilliant. I am incredibly impressed by NR's work with this game. And honestly, you really gotta give WB props for being so damned cool and giving a team like NR the space and time they need to REALLY display their skills. I salute you, NR Studios. Show the world that Mortal Kombat is still a relevant fighting game.

jax dosent stand out anymore, in game play it just looks like hes wearing a motorcycle jacket and he looks like a normal bloke, he used to stick out with his trademark metal arms making him iconic even at a distance, i dont see that in the new jax - just looks normal and kinda uninteresting, oh well, onto the next charactor!!

Seriously? I thought jax looked better than before he was too much of a soldier who depended on his arms and gun...he still has them but he definitely ranks among my top 3 characters so far. His X Ray was epic and i think he has a more of a rambo thing going on LOL what i liked most though was the way his attacks linked together

I am really lovin Jax the style the look and that BADASS win pose they really did a great job on reviving him.... I always liked Jax but felt he was a little boring and stale they've really done a GREAT job though well done NetherRealm Studios. Can't wait for Sonya and Liu Kang!!!!!!

Okay constructive criticism time!

- First off, my biggest criticism of the game is one I've had from the very beginning and now it especially bugs me having seen the game direct-feed on an HD TV. The lighting system is pretty darn bad!

In the GT episode they kept saying how they're bringing MK into 2011 tech-wise. Well guess what... pretty much all PS3/360 games in 2010 and even games before have had self-shadowing as a lighting technique to make characters look that much better and realistic. Hell, even Street Fighter IV implored a good self-shadowing lighting technique and that came out in 2009 and had cartoony characters!!! There should be no excuse why MK 2011 does not implore self-shadowing. I guarantee adding just that one lighting technique would improve the games look ten fold!

- Jax's design is pretty cool. I'm honestly surprised he differs so much from the MK vs DCU Jax, as I think Scorpion and Sub-Zero are still a little too close to their MK vs DCU counterparts.

Still don't like Jax having a gun on his back. Unless it's somehow supported by his cybernetic arms I don't see how it can be floating in the middle of his back without any straps or supports of any kind.

The team has weird ideas to me sometimes. As soon as Boon said they combined Jax's two original Fatalities I was like "Yes!" but then he described it and I was immediately disappointed!

I mean you have a head smash and arm rip fatality and you have the head smash first!?!?!? The victim is already dead why rip the arms off at all??? As described, the Fatality is extremely disappointing.

They should either have Jax rip off the arms and smash the head by clapping the victims arms together or have Jax rip off the arms throw them down on the ground (ala MK4) and then while the opponent is still in so much agony from having their limbs ripped off he should then clap his hands together ending the victims suffering.

I'm a big fan of both his victory poses! The between round one where he kisses his bicep is cocky and badass and I'm loving the wrapping himself in the American flag for his winning pose!

Overall, Jax looks pretty cool, just not a fan of his gun seemingly stuck magically to his back and if his Fatality remains as described, I will be disappointed.

- I hope Sub-Zero's spine rip Fatality was just for the demonstration with Geoff Keighley because it was pretty bland and horribly unfeasible! I understand why it was unfeasibly performed back in the day but with todays graphic fidelity it could look so much better!

Even the MK 4 version was a least a little more feasible than the new one. I don't understand how the MK team cannot come up with a more feasible version of this Fatality. Notice I say feasible and not realistic. I understand with MK there should be a suspension of disbelief but come on! He just grabs the victims neck and pulls up without barely any resistance! Really hope this isn't Sub-Zero's third Fatality and was just for GT TV.

- The subway to me has always been a fairly boring stage. I was never a fan of the more urban aesthetic MK 3's stages had. It looks pretty much like you would expect. I like it, I just know that when the game comes out there will be a bevy of stages I will favor over it.

The stage Fatality was cool though for sure!

Well those are my thoughts for now :)