GameTrailers Reveal: Jax/The Subway

Re: GameTrailers Mortal Kombat Promo Is Up!

Ughh it should of been liu kang but no it had to be jax!

ehh oh well better then nothing

Re: GameTrailers Mortal Kombat Promo Is Up!

Okay summary - jax is the new character reveal - looks so badass, win pose is him wrapping himself around american flag! Xray move is him breaking the opponents spine twice, once with his knee, second with his head!!!

New arena - the subway from mk 3

new fatalities - sub zero spine rip - almost the same as the original, subway stage fatality - take opponents head and drags it along a moving subway, and then throws the opponent into another subway causing the opponent to get ran over. Jax's fatality isnt shown but one of his fatalities is described as his mk 2 fatalities combined, meaning head smash and arm tear in one fatality!!!

Jax & subway confirmed!

Jax is looking so badass and powerful. Also the subway has a kool ne stage fatality. One train goes by and the winner has the loser head out and as the train goes by that person face is smacking the windows( or metal that pokes out from it) then the winner tosses the guy on the other side and the train hits him LOL its funny

GameTrailers

so they didnt reveal the "???" on the mortal kombat site on the show cause it was jax but its better than nothing

well i thought it was going to be liu kang who was going to be revealed but i guess we were wrong

i hope liu kang does make it into the game eventually

jax does look badass and i like his winning pose as well
and the stage fatailty for the subway is BADASS and so does the subway!
and his xray...OH MY GOSH!!!
and his fatailty sounds nasty
and have you seen sub zeros spine rip?
ahhh so classic
i love it

but one question
did they say they had special stage enviroments or the characters or did i hear wrong?

EDIT:Story mode Will be like mk vs dc with differnt people every chapater

and mini games well return but they didnt say which ones would

i Didnt see much about the twitter questions kuz i went to the restroom so one let me the the questions dat was answer and asked

Last edited:
Re: Jax & subway confirmed!

were also exposed to another fatality - sub zero spine rip - almost the same as the original, Jax's first fatality isnt shown but it is described as his mk 2 fatalities combined, meaning head smash and arm tear in one fatality!!!

Re: GameTrailers

Liu will make it into the game, they wont reveal him this early though i would assume. but yeah, jax is awesome man, freaking XRAY is amazing, two backbreakers, one with his knee, other with his body. the two fatalities we never saw looked amazing as well.

Wow. I was shocked at the subway fatality - very gruesome. I expect a lot of media attention on that one. It's going to be 1993 all over again...

20r8njc.jpg

2e6akpw.jpg

pictures pulled from
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=127702

Boon also confirmed mini games will return, but did not specify any.

Last edited:

This was f****** awesome.
I get more and more excited for MK 9 with each reveal.
Good to see that Sub Zero's MK 1 fatality is back.

Subway Fatality was awesome.

It made me laugh my @$$ off. :)

I haven't been disappointed by a single thing I've seen in this game so far. Jax looks just like his MK3 version which is terrific. They finally found a way to make his arms look like a second skin in 3D. That is so much better than the bulky things they've been since MKDA. And the Subway stage fatal? I'm in heaven.

Does this mean Sub-Zero is getting 3 fatalities? Because I could swear I've already seen both of his...

Your not the only one but jax does look cool hopefully liu kang is next

im guessing your a liu kang fan like me

I haven't been disappointed by a single thing I've seen in this game so far. Jax looks just like his MK3 version which is terrific. They finally found a way to make his arms look like a second skin in 3D. That is so much better than the bulky things they've been since MKDA. And the Subway stage fatal? I'm in heaven.

Does this mean Sub-Zero is getting 3 fatalities? Because I could swear I've already seen both of his...

yeah i am guessing so but also i think one of the three well be dlc

Wow. I was shocked at the subway fatality - very gruesome. I expect a lot of media attention on that one. It's going to be 1993 all over again...

lololol true!

PLEASE DON'T MULTI-POST, USE THE EDIT OR MULTI-QUOTE BUTTON, THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know if just the Spine Rip will be in. I seems too simple and they may just did it for the mocap part of the show.:hmmmm2: Just my guess tho.

Re: GameTrailers

so now i am guessing jax is the "???" on the mortal kombat site
well i thought it was going to be liu kang but i guess we were wrong

I really still think it's Liu. That silhouette had completely different hair. Jax's hair was more of a flat top clean cut kind of thing, The ??? picture was quite a bit different.

People please, where can i see jax and the subway stage? Give me a link for god sake!

Everything i have seen from this game so far is perfect!.. its so perfect i have a tear in my eye! (sigh) (sigh) ;)

Damn it, I only saw the end of it now I have to wait until the morning to watch everything

People please, where can i see jax and the subway stage? Give me a link for god sake!
There is no way too see it yet. Calm down, i posted two screens of jax. If you wait about 3 hours the entire episode will be up on gametrailers.com They even have a countdown on gametrailers saying when the episode will be posted. As far as any other way of seeing it I don't think you will. It'll all be HD on their site so just be patient.

There is no way too see it yet. Calm down, i posted two screeens of jax. If you wait about 3 hours the entire episode will be up on gametrailers.com They even have a countdown on gametrailers saying when the episode will be posted

Understood, thank you =]