MKII on a Hooters sign!?

Hello,

I live in Traverse City MI. While I was driving in to work this morning, I passed Hooters like I usually do. Usually on their LCD sign, they have daily specials, birthday wishes, etc. But today, there was something different on the sign. The famous MK dragon logo in front of a lightning bolt with Mortal Kombat II on the bottom, similar to this picture:
mk2logo.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera at the time so I couldn't take a picture of the real thing, and ten to one it will be gone this afternoon when Hooters opens. But I thought this would be a nice tidbit to share with fellow MK fanatics. After all, Mortal Kombat II is my favorite game of all time.

That's interesting. You should call them up at some point and just ask what that was about. Maybe someone there is a fan of Mortal Kombat and wanted to "celebrate" Mortal Monday. ;-)

Good idea.

Takes cell phone and calls XXX-XXXX.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiing.........................Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing..........................Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing........................

Girl: Thank you for calling Traverse City Hooters! This is ????????, how may I help you?

MM3D: Hi, did you notice there was a Mortal Kombat II logo on your LCD screen this morning?

Girl: Haha yeah, we've got the arcade machine in our back room now, we just wanted to advertise it!

MM3D: All right, I'll have to stop in and play it sometime!

Girl: Please do! OK talk to you later.

MM3D: Bye.

OMFG, I finally have access to an actual MKII arcade machine. I will not rest until I defeat Shao Kahn in front of all those people...

Those signs are usually PC-driven. It might've been the wallpaper on the PC. I've seen the Windows desktop displayed on those signs plenty of times.

woww, im freakin jealous man, i live in toronto, canada and i havent seen any MK cabinet for the longest time :(

That convo seems so fake, lol. I would have imagined her asking if there was anything else she could help you with instead of just K, TALK TO YOU LATER.

1228101606.jpg

I finally went to Hooters to play and beat the game today. I failed. But I don't blame the game, I blame myself. Because every chance I had to beat Kintaro, I messed up. I'm just not used to arcade controls, and I don't suck because I beat the game all the time on Midway Arcade.

Well the good thing is, I can FINALLY say I've played every Mortal Kombat on their respective arcade machine. And that's something to be proud of.

1228101606.jpg

I finally went to Hooters to play and beat the game today. I failed. But I don't blame the game, I blame myself. Because every chance I had to beat Kintaro, I messed up. I'm just not used to arcade controls, and I don't suck because I beat the game all the time on Midway Arcade.

Well the good thing is, I can FINALLY say I've played every Mortal Kombat on their respective arcade machine. And that's something to be proud of.

God im freaking jealous. Theres nowhere in ontario that has any MK cabinet :(.

A side note I forgot to mention:
"Another Way To Die" by Disturbed (the song from the MK 2011 "Shadows" trailer) was on the radio while I was fighting Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, and Scorpion.

Hmm, that still won't get me in a Hooters again. Their wings are pretty crap. It's cool that they have a Mortal Kombat machine in there though; consider yourself lucky dude.

I wonder if they par-boil their wings?

I remember this old pizza house in South Dakota that had a foosball table, Cruisin' USA, Street Fighter II, Super High Impact, and UMK3. Damn, those were amazing times to grow up. You know how we got a resurgence of how awesome the 80's were, I believe we might be living through how awesome the 90's were.

I've got good news and bad news.

BAD NEWS:
The Mortal Kombat II machine was sold 2 weeks ago.

GOOD NEWS:
It immediately got replaced, with THIS:
0418111601.jpg

THIS is even better! NOW I can really whoop combos on those unsuspecting locals! I even did them a favor and unlocked Ermac, Mileena, and Classic Sub-Zero for them, as no one had unlocked them yet.