Cyrax Movelist (observations/speculation)

truendymion

So here's the movelist I was able to extract from videos

VIDEOS:

#1 Cyrax/Kitana Demo: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUltimateRyu#p/c/CC23F81EFB5B1D9A/11/bK1pc9MQ3BQ
#2 Cyrax gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUltimateRyu#p/c/CC23F81EFB5B1D9A/16/uJ_os5I07jY
#3 Cyrax movelist (about 1 min in): http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUltimateRyu#p/c/CC23F81EFB5B1D9A/23/2AjODFOQUwY

MOVELIST:
(I'm just using XBOX notation for now since that's what was shown in the vids)

Basic Attacks:
Front Punch - X
Back Punch - Y
Front Kick - A
Back Kick - B
Uppercut - Down+ Y
Sweep - Fwd+B
Yank - Fwd+X
Blast Overhead - Fwd+Y I believe this is the move from vid#1 that combos into the X-ray
Tooth and Nail - Back+Y
Side Kick - Fwd+A
Hop Kick - Up+B

Combo Attacks:
See Saw - X, X, X
Steel Fists - X,Y,X
Power Plant - X, Y, A
Mustard - Y, X, Y
Saw Enough - Y, Y, back+X
Kombat Boots - A, A, B
Cyber Beatdown - Fwd+X, Y, X, Y

Special Moves:
Net - Fwd, Fwd+A No longer pulls opponent towards you. Maybe the EX version has this property?
Bomb (Close) - Fwd, Fwd+B
Bomb (Medium) - Back, Back+B
Bomb (Far) - Fwd, Fwd, Back+B You can throw a bomb after netting someone but you are limited to 1 bomb on screen at a time.
Teleport - Down, Fwd+X
Anti-Air - Down, Back+X Seems to have problems catching airborne netted opponents.
Buzzsaw - Fwd, Back+A
Reverse Kick - Down, Back+A

Enhanced Attacks:
Sticky Bomb - Fwd, Fwd+B+Block See it in action at the 00:56 mark
Electo Net - Fwd, Fwd+A+Block Hopefully this pulls enemies in like UMK3
Bangport - Down, Fwd+X+Block Just sounds wrong lol but I like it. I'm guessing there's a hitbox on Cyrax when he teleports.
Saw Blade - Fwd, Back+Y+Block Blade becomes a projectile
Donkey Kick - Down, Back+A+Block Adds a throw to the end of the attack
Anti-Air - Down, Back+X+Block

X-Ray Attack:
Cyberdriver ???? Close range, can be comboed into and followed up with more attacks

Last edited:
Nice!!! This movelist looks pretty awesome! I love how he has his net back, and the EX moves sound awesome too!!!

Lol I just noticed how he has a combo attack called "Mustard", its nice to see the team putting in some easter eggs

PLEASE DON'T MULTI-POST, USE THE EDIT BUTTON, THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
@killer ryno use the edit button next time homie so we don't clog up the boards... Anyways, that's a nice list you got yourself there. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting this.

I have been following and searching for all and any Cyrax gameplay footage and listings.

His Reverse Kick does not have a throw added to the end of it when you perform the enhanced version (Donkey Kick), your cyrax gameplay link shows cyrax throwing after the reverse kick with an empty super meter, so that rules it out as an enhanced move, so the throw is defiantly an optional command throw, and looks to be a juggle/pop up move.

It also appears to have great recovery time, so bailing out of blocked combo with it seems very possible (judging from the button mashing videos so far)

It has been confirmed in the Mkast that he has a 3rd throw, which is a grab reset with an option button command to throw three punches into your opponent, setting him sweep distance away, maybe he will have other button commands for it also? Let's hope.

The chest saw knocks the opponent down right at your feet, which could end up being a great high level gameplay move, hopefully if it is blocked it will push the opponent away.

Now that there can only be one bomb on screen at any time means his trap set ups will be massively reduced. Let's hope two bombs can be placed later.

No air throw enhanced move documented yet, along with the electro net, which I'm guessing just just electrocutes the opponent when it gets them adding damage to your incap, the enhanced teleport named "bang port" is most likely the same as his victory animation where teleports leaving a bomb at his feet as he explodes, or blows up the opponent as the teleport happens.

Also, there is no problem with the air-throw grabbing netted opponents, you have a button command to input to perform the throw, the guy playing as cyrax in the tag team demo must have forgot or didn't know about that.

Finally, some info about a different character other than Mileena! Thanks for this.

I'm not really liking Cyrax's new voice though, sounds too human.

Thanks for posting this.

I have been following and searching for all and any Cyrax gameplay footage and listings.

His Reverse Kick does not have a throw added to the end of it when you perform the enhanced version (Donkey Kick), your cyrax gameplay link shows cyrax throwing after the reverse kick with an empty super meter, so that rules it out as an enhanced move, so the throw is defiantly an optional command throw, and looks to be a juggle/pop up move.

It also appears to have great recovery time, so bailing out of blocked combo with it seems very possible (judging from the button mashing videos so far)

It has been confirmed in the Mkast that he has a 3rd throw, which is a grab reset with an option button command to throw three punches into your opponent, setting him sweep distance away, maybe he will have other button commands for it also? Let's hope.

The chest saw knocks the opponent down right at your feet, which could end up being a great high level gameplay move, hopefully if it is blocked it will push the opponent away.

Now that there can only be one bomb on screen at any time means his trap set ups will be massively reduced. Let's hope two bombs can be placed later.

No air throw enhanced move documented yet, along with the electro net, which I'm guessing just just electrocutes the opponent when it gets them adding damage to your incap, the enhanced teleport named "bang port" is most likely the same as his victory animation where teleports leaving a bomb at his feet as he explodes, or blows up the opponent as the teleport happens.

Nice technical analysis, we need more gameplay-related discussions like this!

I couldn't be happier with Cyrax in this game. He's been my favorite character since UMK3, and I am thuroughly impressed with his moveset and appearance in this reboot. I made a huge list back when the game was first announced, about how I wanted Cyrax to play, moves, and fatalities etc. and I was happy to see NRS was thinking along the same lines I was. I wanted him to have a projectile, which he now has in his saw. I wanted him to be more like a swiss army knife, relying on his saw, net, and bombs, which he uses all of them effeciently. He just seems so awesome, definitely can't wait to cut loose with him.

The ONLY thing I am disappointed with when it comes to him, are his fatalities. They both end very similar, with his opponent being dismembered, and I would like one of them to go in favor of something different. I think the saw one should be canned, and he should keep the net fatality. The net fatality just looks like the superior of the two, and his net is much more associated with his character than the saw is. Replace the saw one with something involving his bomb, or something like his grinder from MK:DA, and I would be extemely happy with his fatalities.

With that said, here was my desires for Cyrax that I had posted last year on June 13th, but i'll cut out everything besides the fatalities:

1) Cyrax
Fatality 1 :
Cyrax shoots a bomb from his chest at a high rate of speed and it embeds into his opponent's chest. Right after the first one comes out 2 more fall to the ground at their feet. They immedietely turn towards the camera and crumble to their knees. As they are looking down at it and feeling it, Cyrax uses his arm panel and sets off the bombs, The first is the gas one which makes them choke, followed up by the moltov which lights the cloud and the opponent on fire, and finally the 3rd, which explodes sending limbs, flesh, guts, and blood all over.

Fatality 2 :
Cyrax shoot's his saw projectile from his chest, which flies across the screen, appearing that nothing has happened, his opponent looks confused, until seconds later their torso slides off their lower half in a slant, and then their legs crumble.

Fatality 3 :
This one is a remade version of his MK:DA Fatality, with a slight alteration. Cyrax shoots out a cord from his chest that wraps around his opponent's neck. It slowly pulls them towards his chest. As this is going on you can hear the sound of a grinder. His opponent is screaming in terror and fear as they are being pulled in and innevitably their head gets sucked in first and their body follows suit. Cyrax then spits a red mush with bits and pieces of bones etc. out of his chest.

I'd take any of those over the saw dismemberment he has in the game already. Obviously they won't be changing anything now, but I hope he gets a 3rd one as DLC, with a little more brutality, torture, and variety compared to his 2 in the game already.

Nice job! Some good information you have there. If only we could have this for more characters, Like KungLao, or Kitana...

Thanks for posting this.

When the Reverse Kick to throw combo was shown, in one of the MKast, I think it did not show the life bar and the super meter, so we can't be sure it's not the enhanced version.

The one bomb on the screen only is for the far bomb. In that tag team demo from PAX, Cyrax's player tried to throw more bombs, but Cyrax only performed the bomb-throwing animation and no bomb came out. But I think you can have more than one bomb, if they are close or medium bombs.

And about the air throw, the "guy" who was playing as Cyrax in that demo was probably one of the developers, first because the narrator of the fight was Hans Lo (I think, the voice seems to be), and second because they were using the cheats to refill the super meter. So, if there is some command input, he would certaionly know about it. My guess is that the air throw did not connect because the height the opponent must be is a little restrict. If the enemy were juggled, he would be moving in the air and it would be easier for the air throw to connect. But, as the enemy was stuck in the air at some height because of the net, maybe he wasn't in a good height for the air throw to connect.

Nice job! Some good information you have there. If only we could have this for more characters, Like KungLao, or Kitana...

When the Reverse Kick to throw combo was shown, in one of the MKast, I think it did not show the life bar and the super meter, so we can't be sure it's not the enhanced version.

The one bomb on the screen only is for the far bomb. In that tag team demo from PAX, Cyrax's player tried to throw more bombs, but Cyrax only performed the bomb-throwing animation and no bomb came out. But I think you can have more than one bomb, if they are close or medium bombs.

And about the air throw, the "guy" who was playing as Cyrax in that demo was probably one of the developers, first because the narrator of the fight was Hans Lo (I think, the voice seems to be), and second because they were using the cheats to refill the super meter. So, if there is some command input, he would certaionly know about it. My guess is that the air throw did not connect because the height the opponent must be is a little restrict. If the enemy were juggled, he would be moving in the air and it would be easier for the air throw to connect. But, as the enemy was stuck in the air at some height because of the net, maybe he wasn't in a good height for the air throw to connect.

If you look at the first post, there are three links, watch the one titled ''Cyrax Gameplay'' you should see Scorpion and Cyrax Fighting. At 58 Seconds, you will Cyrax perform the Reverse Kick move and add a throw to the end of it with an EMPTY super meter, so therefor, Yes, we can absolutely rule it out as an Enhanced move, you would see the meter go down if it was Enhanced, so it is defiantly a regular Special move, with a button input at the end.

In the Tag-Team video you see Cyrax start the air throw but not finish it about two or three times, it looked exactly the same as UMK3, you needed to press LP when you were close to the opponent to perform the throw part of that move, the same thing would happen in UMK3 as it did in that video.

Yes that ''Guy'' who was narrating was Hans Lo, but that does not mean he was playing it, just like Ed Boon narrating PAX but clearly not playing it, that still does not change the fact that whoever was playing in that video didn't input the button command for the throw.

Additionally, Cyrax's chest saw special move, is the same as it was in MKA, the enhanced version simply shoots the blade out of his chest knocking the opponent back a good distance. It is a Projectile. I am not sure of what properties it has, but from the simple fact of it being a basic projectile that might not make it worth using a third of your Super meter for it.

I couldn't be happier with Cyrax in this game. He's been my favorite character since UMK3, and I am thuroughly impressed with his moveset and appearance in this reboot. I made a huge list back when the game was first announced, about how I wanted Cyrax to play, moves, and fatalities etc. and I was happy to see NRS was thinking along the same lines I was. I wanted him to have a projectile, which he now has in his saw. I wanted him to be more like a swiss army knife, relying on his saw, net, and bombs, which he uses all of them effeciently. He just seems so awesome, definitely can't wait to cut loose with him.

The ONLY thing I am disappointed with when it comes to him, are his fatalities. They both end very similar, with his opponent being dismembered, and I would like one of them to go in favor of something different. I think the saw one should be canned, and he should keep the net fatality. The net fatality just looks like the superior of the two, and his net is much more associated with his character than the saw is. Replace the saw one with something involving his bomb, or something like his grinder from MK:DA, and I would be extemely happy with his fatalities.

With that said, here was my desires for Cyrax that I had posted last year on June 13th, but i'll cut out everything besides the fatalities:

I'd take any of those over the saw dismemberment he has in the game already. Obviously they won't be changing anything now, but I hope he gets a 3rd one as DLC, with a little more brutality, torture, and variety compared to his 2 in the game already.

Thats cool man, Cyrax is my favourite character post MK2, and NRS have nailed Cyrax this time round. He has all his classic moves and his new Reverse kick gives him a great move to zone players with, like sonya and lui kang's cartwheel. All the top tier opponents have a great zoning move or anti-air move, this time cyrax has a zoning move and his anti air move.

His X-ray move will probably be one of the weakest damage x-rays in the game, as it can be used as a combo starter, combo chain, and combo finisher, whereas x-rays with one purpose like Sektor, Sub-Zero and Reptiles X-rays, which are finishers with no other option so they will be 40-45%

I am only hoping that Cyrax's Sticky Bomb enhanced move can be timed when stuck to the opponent by holding a button down, and hopefully it sticks to the ground. Basically exactly the same as Batmans Explosive Rang in MKvsDC, if you hold down Triangle, the rang will stay stuck to the ground until you release the Trianle Button, if it has this property then I will be extremely happy.

I hope his chest-saw pushes the opponent away when it is blocked with a quick recovery time, and if his air throw has more than one button input for different throws.

Still waiting on Footage of his enhanced Reverse kick called ''Donkey Kick'' along with his Air-Throw and Net enhanced moves.

Those have nothing to do with this at all.

Thanks mate. That was two minutes of your life that you will never get back Ilikescorpion

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the first post, there are three links, watch the one titled ''Cyrax Gameplay'' you should see Scorpion and Cyrax Fighting. At 58 Seconds, you will Cyrax perform the Reverse Kick move and add a throw to the end of it with an EMPTY super meter, so therefor, Yes, we can absolutely rule it out as an Enhanced move, you would see the meter go down if it was Enhanced, so it is defiantly a regular Special move, with a button input at the end.

In the Tag-Team video you see Cyrax start the air throw but not finish it about two or three times, it looked exactly the same as UMK3, you needed to press LP when you were close to the opponent to perform the throw part of that move, the same thing would happen in UMK3 as it did in that video.

Yes that ''Guy'' who was narrating was Hans Lo, but that does not mean he was playing it, just like Ed Boon narrating PAX but clearly not playing it, that still does not change the fact that whoever was playing in that video didn't input the button command for the throw.

Additionally, Cyrax's chest saw special move, is the same as it was in MKA, the enhanced version simply shoots the blade out of his chest knocking the opponent back a good distance. It is a Projectile. I am not sure of what properties it has, but from the simple fact of it being a basic projectile that might not make it worth using a third of your Super meter for it.

Ok, I hadn't seen that video, now I can see, yeah, it's not the enhanced version. My bad, sorry.

Now I know that Hans Lo might not have been the one playing it. But certainly the players were developers. While Hans narrated, the guys kinda showed what he was talking about, like whne he talks about the tag assist and tag attacks. So, we can't be sure this button input for the throw still exists. If it does, maybew that's the reason why the throw did not connect. But maybe it does not exists anymore, and the throw did not connect because of the height, like I said. Don't worry, we'll know about this stuff and the game comes out. Unfortunately, only then.

And, about the chest saw, well, I did not said anything about it, so I think this answer was not for me. I already knew that. ;)

No problem man, your probably right about the Air-Throw, but who knows? I guess we will just have to be patient...10 Weeks :(

I just added the info about the buzz saw and chest saw, it wasnt directed at you.

@xTHUGx - Nothing in the forums is really that official, unless they are press releases, but the me and VictorMefer's observations and speculations are well researched and some of the points are confirmed (some with video footage) and only ADDITIONAL speculation has been added to the facts, nothing has been assumed out of thin air. We are just working with what we have been given so far.

So I do not see why this would be considered less official than anything else you have read.

You are welcome to add anything you feel might confirm, challenge or discredit any information Me, VictorMefer & Truendymion have provided.

you've got the inputs backwards because I know for sure sweep is b+4 and net is b,b+3. Cyrax is on the right side of the screen when the movelist is up.