Newegg.com Preorder for MK HD

I'll consider it "OFFICIAL" once either WB, NetherRealm or TRMK announce it.
I wish that WB would stop jerking us around, and annouce it already.

We already know it exists.

teabag.png

Epic Sig!! LOL

new egg shows deactivated..... but buy.com lists it for april 1,2011

It's been listed like that since the game didn't arrive on 11/16. It says that means the item is out of stock (no... really???). I wouldn't read too much into it, considering what we know..... or don't know.... about the game. Also, FYE still lists it for 3/3/2011 and Blockbuster (lol) still has it for 3/2/2011 (as does French site Jeupascher.com).

yeah i check blockbuster and FYE every day just to make sure.....i dont like how no two sites have the same release date

yeah i check blockbuster and FYE every day just to make sure.....i dont like how no two sites have the same release date

I'd say they were just speculating on when the release date might be. I did write to FYE a while back and they told me the date they have up is the date their supplier has told them. Usually, game companies will communicate directly with suppliers. Considering at one time FYE did have the 11/16 date and then changed it to 3/3/2011.... well, I find it interesting. I don't expect the game to be released in March, but I certainly won't complain if it is. ;-)

well im suing if it doesnt release......false advertising lol

but to me its really odd that game stop has nothing for it...why would some retailers have it and not others especially one like game stop

well im suing if it doesnt release......false advertising lol

but to me its really odd that game stop has nothing for it...why would some retailers have it and not others especially one like game stop

I guess you don't remember, but Gamestop was actually one of the first retailers to start taking preorders. When Patrick first reported it, not much had really been said or seen about the HD Kollection. A little while after the initial report, the game suddenly appeared on Gamestop's website, adding fuel to the fire. Sadly, shortly after that, Gamestop removed the listing (at WB's request, most likely). The big, big retailers are currently waiting for WB to announce the game before taking any more preorders.

so why would WB request to have it removed completely from certain retailers and not all?....odd that 2 sites list the same release date while FYE is a day later

so why would WB request to have it removed completely from certain retailers and not all?....odd that 2 sites list the same release date while FYE is a day later

Not sure, I'm guessing WB only targeted the big sites/stores (GAME, a UK retailer, also had it listed but took it down very quickly). Regarding the release dates, I think they're both wrong because games in the US come out on Tuesdays and 3/2 and 3/3 are a Wednesday and Thursday. Perhaps those are just the dates they expect to receive them from their distributors, who knows?

I guess you don't remember, but Gamestop was actually one of the first retailers to start taking preorders. When Patrick first reported it, not much had really been said or seen about the HD Kollection. A little while after the initial report, the game suddenly appeared on Gamestop's website, adding fuel to the fire. Sadly, shortly after that, Gamestop removed the listing (at WB's request, most likely). The big, big retailers are currently waiting for WB to announce the game before taking any more preorders.

Yeah.
I was one of those poor fools who rushed out to Pre-Order it at GameStop, only to go back and cancell it.

That HD Kollection money was added to my MK 9 KE Pre-Order, so it actually helped out in the long run.

Yeah.
I was one of those poor fools who rushed out to Pre-Order it at GameStop, only to go back and cancell it.

That HD Kollection money was added to my MK 9 KE Pre-Order, so it actually helped out in the long run.

I wouldn't say you were a fool..... you didn't know WB would be so bizarre in how they're handling all this. Honestly, it also wasn't really the wisest thing for Gamestop to take preorders on a game that hadn't even been announced yet. Live and learn, I guess.

actually, some games are released on different days...I bought NBA JAM for the PS3 the day it was released at game stop..i went there tuesday and it wasnt out yet....so i came back wednesday and they were just putting it out...not sure if they forgot about it or not though

actually, some games are released on different days...I bought NBA JAM for the PS3 the day it was released at game stop..i went there tuesday and it wasnt out yet....so i came back wednesday and they were just putting it out...not sure if they forgot about it or not though

But that has more to do with the separate retailers, not the official release dates set by the publishers. "Mortal Kombat" (2011) is to be released on April 19 worldwide. It's possible some smaller stores won't get their shipment in until later. Also, it's possible some stores might break street date (illegal, but it happens just about every time).