The Official Mortal Kombat Site Countdown thread

I really feel that this is going to be the best Mortal Kombat game since Ultimate Mortal Kombat III and that is why the wait for this new information is killing us all with a slow full body freeze.

UMK3? MK 2 was dope.... this game is going to be good though... We shall see

HA! Another Countdown. They've got alot of nerve, I'll give em that...

Anyone notice the quote from Johnny? ("Countdown timers? What are these guys thinking?)

Seems pretty ironic...

HA! Another Countdown. They've got alot of nerve, I'll give em that...

Anyone notice the quote from Johnny? ("Countdown timers? What are these guys thinking?)

Seems pretty ironic...

That's not ironic he's just pointing out there stupidity.

everyone please stop being such negative nancys err um nitaras. they're having server problems like jinko stated earlier. it may be disappointing to have to wait another day or so, but i'm confident the ends will justify the means. your world will be rocked.

Y'know.. A while ago I was pissed off and I read your post. I thought "Ok, maybe he's right. I'll take a nap and when I wake up, it'll be up and it'll blow my mind". So I took a nap. And woke up hoping to see some new video of a new character.. Or hell some kind of video showcasing the game. But NO I get some bios and renders of characters that have already been confirmed. Not to mention ANOTHER GOD DAMN TIMER! I LOVE Mortal Kombat, but this has REALLY pissed me and a lot of other people off.

Y'know.. A while ago I was pissed off and I read your post. I thought "Ok, maybe he's right. I'll take a nap and when I wake up, it'll be up and it'll blow my mind". So I took a nap. And woke up hoping to see some new video of a new character.. Or hell some kind of video showcasing the game. But NO I get some bios and renders of characters that have already been confirmed. Not to mention ANOTHER GOD DAMN TIMER! I LOVE Mortal Kombat, but this has REALLY pissed me and a lot of other people off.

Don't worry. They will make up for it by releasing a hi-res bitmap of Liu Kang's shoe later in the week.

Don't be disappointed at NetherRealm just because you placed your expectations too high. Sure, they screwed up due to their servers but this isn't the first in the industry. And now people complain because it wasn't what they wanted? Come on.

The website looks promising! It is very well done and it looks very dynamic. I am waiting to find out more.
(Go go Rayden !!!!!!!!!)

I had to wait THIS long for that? I was expecting new characters/arena reveals and some more gameplay videos.....this is a bloody joke

I swear the MK community has uploaded more information and videos then the N. Studios themselves pathetic....

Last edited:
At least we got something lol. The site looks awesome. Just a quick question - where's the bio's for all the other confirmed characters? Cyrax, Nightwolf, Kitana etc?

Don't be disappointed at NetherRealm just because you placed your expectations too high. Sure, they screwed up due to their servers but this isn't the first in the industry. And now people complain because it wasn't what they wanted? Come on.

HAH! I wasn't the only one who had high expectations, obviously A LOT of other people were expecting them to do or reveal something mind blowing. Some info about the kollection, a new character/ arena reveal.. SOMETHING. I mean, sure the website looks nice, but I'm sure that it isn't half as exciting as what many people were expecting or what they made it out to be.

I understand all the commotion but like i said, it isn't Nethe-

I should stop. Anyway, I really like the new pictures on the site. The characters (aside from Kahn) looks so detailed.

and which part of that rocked your world? hahaha i think this is great, it signals the beginning of steady new info (if the severs allow). i know it wasn't a raging torrent of info but, before you know it these trickles of information build up, and build up, then bam, the dam breaks and mortal kombat is warming up in your system of choice. the way mk's hype machine works is through mystery. there will most likely be a new kharacter and stage released through gttv on thursday.

It is NetherRealm Studios fault why is it Capcom can get tons of content out for SSF4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3

It is NetherRealm Studios fault why is it Capcom can get tons of content out for SSF4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3

Y'know. I do agree.
But I have taken some time to think about it.
This IS how they've always done it. I should not
have been surprised or let down. I honestly think I know
too much about the game at this point. The great thing about
the older games was not always being able to find out which characters
were in it until you got it, even then there were hidden characters.
That may be a bad thing with mvc3. By the time it comes out people
will already know so much about it, none of it will be a surprise.
I'm sure it'll be great though, don't get me wrong. Just not in a
"oh, wow HE'S in this?!" kind of way.
So I'm completely over it and satisfied. I honestly don't wanna know much
more about it UNTIL it comes out. I know enough.

One more thing I would like to see however, is some people from the team playing it. Not like the demo they gave at e3, but a full on fight showing the possible combos and stuff.

it might be that netherrealm is getting acquainted with a new company as their owner and most likely new employees and a different system of doing things. if you think about it, the work they have accomplished is down right astonishing considering the fate of mortal kombat being up in the air at the collapse of midway. remember? that wasn't that long ago.

It's called Marketing Strategy. If this is the attitude you guys give towards NS, then clearly you guys don't deserve new info. Just because Capcom is releasing more info it doesn't mean NS should.

Y'know. I do agree.
But I have taken some time to think about it.
This IS how they've always done it. I should not have been surprised or let down. I honestly think I know too much about the game at this point. The great thing about the older games was not always being able to find out which characters were in it until you got it, even then there were hidden characters. That may be a bad thing with mvc3. By the time it comes out people will already know so much about it, none of it will be a surprise.

I'm sure it'll be great though, don't get me wrong. Just not in a "oh, wow HE'S in this?!" kind of way. So I'm completely over it and satisfied. I honestly don't wanna know much more about it UNTIL it comes out. I know enough.
That's the spirit :D

Last edited: